**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• SpideyDNASpideyDNA Posts: 31
    In-Game Name: SpideyDNA
    Device and Model: Galaxy S10
    Device Operating System: Android v 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Both -- Cellular = Verizon; WiFi = Spectrum
    Game Version Installed: Latest version 1091048
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: When I use champions in arena and hit the "+" sign to request help, the game locks up and I have to reboot. Seems to have been happening more over the past week or so.
  • ochochochoch Posts: 13
    IGN: Ochoch
    Device & Model: Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
    Device OS: Android 10
    Cellular / WiFi: Both
    Game Version: 29.1.0
    Game Mode: All
    Issue: Phone overheating only when playing MCOC
  • Jace84zJace84z Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    In-Game Name: Jace84z
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
    Device Operating System: Android v10, with December 2020 security updates.
    Cellular or WiFi: Primarily Cellular, Sprint/T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Game Version Installed: Google Play Store, ver. 29.1.0, published Nov 12, 2020.
    Game Mode: All, including sign-in and menu navigation.
    Description of the Issue: Game communication slows to unplayability over mobile network, works mostly fine with occasional pauses over Wi-Fi. When logging in, changing screens, opening crystals, advancing through quests, starting fights, finishing fights, game freezes and red communication symbol flashes for 2-3 minutes minimum before progressing. Has been doing so for weeks. Causes loss of health or Champs in alliance modes because of timeouts, loss of streaks in arenas because of timeouts, and can cause loss of champs in at or above-level quests in all modes (can't auto-fight).
    Steps taken: Device restarted multiple times, connection reset multiple times. Device memory cleared and tested.. App uninstalled and reinstalled from Play Store, over mobile connection with no delay. Can reinstall game over mobile faster than I can log in. Mobile carrier confirms no connection problems or throttling. Performed ping test, attached. Mobile connection speed (full bars, etc.) sufficient for streaming 4k with no lag, works fine for other Kabam titles Forged to Fight and Realm of Champions with no slow downs of any kind.
    Being forced to play only at home while on wifi has significantly impacted game progress, please investigate, thank you.

• ScrappynolaScrappynola Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: NolaStateOfMind
    Device and Model: Galaxy S10 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular,
    what is your mobile carrier? T-Mobile
    Game Version Installed: Google Play Store, ver. 29.1.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, sign in....Everything is a problem
    Description of the Issue: Game communication and system is unplayable over mobile network, works mostly fine with Wi-Fi but other than that is horrible....When logging in, changing screens, opening crystals, advancing through quests, starting fights, finishing fights the game freezes and red communication symbol flashes for 2-3 minutes minimum before progressing. Has been doing so for months.I lose health or Champs in alliance modes because of timeouts, loss of streaks in arenas because of timeouts, and can cause loss of champs in at or above-level quests in all modes. I almost cost my team a lost in Alliance War because of it. Every other game works fine except this . I even Uninstall it and clean out my phone and still does it
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    No one replies or acknowledges so I don't know why I'm even bothering but here goes.
    Galaxy s tab 2.
    Android 7
    Dexterity doesn't work.
    AI seemingly punching through blocks
    Movement of champ seems laggy and not smooth
    Delay from tapping fight to actually fighting, this may seem trivial but when your war boosts are ticking away it's a pain in the ass.
    Thousands of views, hundreds of comments but still the issues remain. It's so frustrating.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Your actually removed my list of bugs currently live in the latest version. Why?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Your actually removed my list of bugs currently live in the latest version. Why?

#KabamTheShady
  • AnjelykaAnjelyka Posts: 5
    in game name: Anjelyka
    device and version: Samsung galaxy tab A
    device operating system: Android 7.1.1
    mobile carrier: T mobile
    cellular or WiFi: both
    game version installed: 29.1
    game mode: crashes more after update in all modes, also check device compatibility and it match to requirements,check memory and did recommend tips but still it's really getting worst and now with AW season am losing my alliance points and resources
  • CRYO_88CRYO_88 Posts: 57
    Lets hope that the next update fixes the lag and connection issues i doubt it but i can hope until then still at one star in the store for me
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    Is there any response from kabam?
    The game keep crushing everywhere and if I played more than 30 minutes it will be lagging twice in every fight in arena or quest.
    Its not playable anymore!!!!!!
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    In Game Name nocturnalpsycho
    Phone: Motorola Moto Power
    Android 10
    Game Version 29.1
    Using WiFi
    Game Mode: ALL

Slow performance
    Dropped inputs
    Game crashes
    Getting worst for the last couple of days
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    New update, freezing issues remain, fights aren't even starting.
  • CRYO_88CRYO_88 Posts: 57
    Nice to now they still haven't fixed the lag Kabam sucks
  • RickRollerRickRoller Posts: 30
    In Game Name: Bryce Spencer
    Phone: Motorola Moto G stylus
    Android 10
    Game Version: 29.2
    Using WiFi
    Game Mode: All, but especially AQ
    Issues:
    Dropped inputs where you'll be trying to initiate a light attack or block, but your champion will walk towards opponent. Happens a lot during alliance quest.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Ingame name: Kerneas
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A(2019)
    Connection: WiFi
    Game version: 29.1.0
    Game mode: monthly EQ
    Description: skipping a dialogue (with the skip button) crashes the game. Happens without exceptions, at start, during the quest and at boss node. Launching the game again allows entering mosf fights, as the dialogue doesnt reappear. Only at boss node the dialogue reappears, crashing the game again (which of course prevents me from defeating the boss).
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    In-Game Name: Charlie21540
    Device and Model: LG V40
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular with Verizon 4G LTE
    Game Version Installed: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: I'm having nothing but issues. In arena I do nothing but get kicked every 10 minutes or so. Either the fight won't load or after I win it freezes and kicks me out. And if the fight doesn't load in Arena, I get hit with an automatic loss. AQ same thing, the fight may not load or freezes after I win and I have to restart the app, which I get punished for cause I lose half my health. AQ I can't see any of my teammates profiles so I don't know who's who on the map and I can't poke them(it just simply wont let me poke them), so that's really hurting us communication wise. Dropped inputs all the time. My champ will casually walk up to the opponent when I'm trying to dash attack. My champ will dash forward when I'm trying to dash backwards. And my character won't throw heavy attacks sometimes when im trying to. I'll parry the opponent and hold the right side of the screen but my character just stands there doing nothing.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    IGN: ZAKNAFEIN
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi through GoNetSpeed
    Game Version: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: Event Quest
    Issue: I get an error message after every single fight, which causes the game to crash afterwards.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    kconrad37 said:

IGN: ZAKNAFEIN
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi through GoNetSpeed
    Game Mode: Event Quest
    Issue: I get an error message after every single fight, which causes the game to crash afterwards.

Update: This crashing seems to occur during Human Torch's victory animation - it doesn't matter if the Torch is yours or a fight in the game, either one will cause the game to crash.
  • Iago7373Iago7373 Posts: 5
    edited January 2021
    Game name: skairipa69
    Device and model: moto g 6 play
    Operating system: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version, 29.2. 0
    Game Mode: all
    Description: the game is closing all the time, crashing a lot, I can't play any game mode
  • TanksalotTanksalot Posts: 36
    In-Game name: Tanksalot
    Device: Samsung S10+
    Device OS: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version: 25.0
    Game Mode: mostly transition from one screen to the next. For example, clicking on alliance leads to a blank screen with the generic MCOC background. I waited for a couple of minutes, it didn't resolve so I had to re-start the game. It didn't matter which menu item I selected. Not all would cause the freeze though. It seemed to be random.

The worst case was in waiting for a fight to start everything froze just after pressing the "fight" button. I waited a minute or so then re-started the game again. Unfortunately that cause the fight to be considered a loss, which completely baffled me because the freezing hadn't acted like that before.
  • Zekk80Zekk80 Posts: 2
    edited January 2021

In-Game Name: zekk80
    Device and Model: galaxy s8 active
    Device Operating System: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: both, att
    Game Version Installed: latest
    Game Mode: monthly quest
    Every time I win a fight using human torch I get a game error screen and my game crashes. It's happened with random other Heroes but every single time I use human torch and win. If I lose the fight it doesn't happen.
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    edited January 2021
    In-Game Name: KaZichao
    Device and Model: Samsung S20+
    Device Operating System: v11, latest
    Cellular or WiFi: both wifi and data
    Game Version Installed: 29.2.0
    Game Mode: AQ
    Description of the Issue: Died 2 or 3 times on StarLord in AQ cause dexing SP2 didnt register, used Medusa, Hyperion, both just stud there while i swiped back, and ate SP2.

Considering map7 is expensive, and revives and pots cost, i demand refund on spend items for that specific fight.
    Also fought Nebula on that path before, suspected dex didnt register there too but cannot prove it.
    Did record 1 fight where dex just didnt happen and i swiped.

where do i upload the video? have it ready on google drive..
  • Sketch1037Sketch1037 Posts: 52
    Hey Kabam worker types,

Can we please have acknowledgement of this issue and possibly, a fix?

We're all losing out on rewards in every area of the game. The crashing is constant.
  • LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    LemoNot said:

LemoNot said:

not the boy
    Moto G7 Play
    Android 10
    WiFi (I have no cellular data plan)
    Latest version (recently un- and re-installed)
    All game modes

Mcoc, by virtue of being installed, somehow manages to lag all applications on my phone (including my browser as I type this). In mcoc specifically, though, frames drop, the screen freezes, and it's generally an all-around not fun time.

Forgot to mention! The app will sometimes drop or delay inputs, tapping on the pfp of myself and others has a 60% chance of taking decades to load, and facing/using champs such as Guardian or Silver Surfer turns the game into a PowerPoint presentation on How Did This Even Happen.
    Oh yeah, ALSO also, the game freezes frequently on character selection/upgrading champion screens. I can tell because the whole thing vibrates like a washing machine on the fritz.

Btw, I didn't forget to mention these in my first post, they just started popping up in chronological order.
  • SantySanty Posts: 25
    It's is not only in those areas, but also as u know just trying to load the game it takes me about 6 minutes sometimes, or in the middle of arena I have to disconnect from WiFi and try my provider but I still have to wait like 2 minutes to re enter the game to find my self knock or timed out...
    Please help... since is hard for me to log in here and find my post....
    In game name mr. ST
    phone: S20 Samsung Galaxy
    Provider: T-mobile
    California. UsA
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    In-Game name: RaviDavi
    Device: Huawei Y5
    Device OS: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: AQ and EQ
    Description: While in the battle, connection is lost. It happened three times in AQ spread over 5 fights. It is very annoying and makes me want to skip AQ again (lost 50% HP on two champs and the fight hadn't even begun, the game crashed right after I pressed the 'start/begin' button). In EQ it happened too but more in between fights or before fights have begun so no HP lost. WiFi could've failed once but it was way too much to be normal.