**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Jubilee Side Quest too complicated

T_muscleT_muscle Posts: 9
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Title says it all in Twitter length - much less than the 20 paragraphs and an Excel sheet needed to calculate stamp rewards.

Yes, yes I should have read the full description. It’s my fault. For a game played with 2 thumbs, I’m expected to read 20 paragraphs and check game forums and find some Reddit site that posts a spreadsheet to fully understand the Min/max rewards.

I’m not asking for more tokens - although I’d take the 5 I lack for 80 for the t5 shards. I am asking for Kabam to de-clutter future events. We have 4 difficulties already. That should be the differentiator for rewards in my mind. Make a super-ultra hard “nightmare” difficulty if needed (Doom was such a straightforward killing game) with more everything listed as quest rewards if you want me to do something to get the right stamps.

It’s one thing when you can click “quest rewards” in game to see a difference in shards or something, between things, but without a weekly token (once all spent) you cannot even open the arcade games to check. And I don’t know if # of stamps per arcade game was even mentioned in the quest reward descriptions at all.

So who read to here? If I were to submit this as a petition for support - would the Kabam rep read all of this? Doubtful. So why make your players read something this long to understand a monthly side event quest? Game mechanics and hero abilities can be intricate - great! But be elegantly simple with monthly quest difficulties Kabam, not “McGyver meets Rube Goldberg in a Picasso museum” complicated.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    T_muscle said:

It’s one thing when you can click “quest rewards” in game to see a difference in shards or something, between things, but without a weekly token (once all spent) you cannot even open the arcade games to check. And I don’t know if # of stamps per arcade game was even mentioned in the quest reward descriptions at all.

IGM.
  • Options
    Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    It is easy just it takes a lot of time to finish all
  • Options
    T_muscleT_muscle Posts: 9
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the official response - sounds like I was not alone feeling it was too complicated. The shard and token rewards were nice.

Had there been another difficulty tier - or something to suggest the mutant game was noticeably harder than the others - and thus deserving of more reward - it would be understandable. I personally found rhino on Spider-Man path more interesting than the avenger or mutant paths - but I did them all to keep it interesting.

I thought they put 3 games on the arcade to avoid the monotony of doing the same fight path 32 times and to allow for roster (not skill) differences some players would have. I’ll read the fine print next month.

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I was able to get all of legendary in the first set of rewards. All of legendary 2nd set. And I am 2 runs away from getting the 5* AG. It wasn’t that hard to understand.

Heck even some YouTubers laid it out in spoken form with pictures to help.
  • Options
    Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113
    I tried to skim the announcement, and the event looked complicated. But I didn’t use any entries before watching a YouTube video to get the full scoop
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Yeah, this was just needlessly over-complicated for no good reason.

It was also a snooze fest. People don't like fighting the same things over & over, like has been said MANY times in the past.

If you remember all those ambushes of MoleMan & Sasquatch, it is just more of the same of this, just spread out. Nobody likes these, yet, Kabam keeps doing the same thing over & over, even if we keep saying these aren't good events.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    JustinU21 said:

Like OP said, it should not be necessary to comb through forums & videos from content creators to learn how to do this event.

It was not necessary to comb through forums and videos. Just reading the initial forum announcement was enough by itself, and just reading the in-game email announcing the event was separately enough all by itself. Both sources separately told you how many stamps were in each arcade and how many tokens you would get. The game itself told you how many stamps you needed in the actual objectives. The forum discussions and Reddit discussion and Youtube creator videos were extra explanation on top of the event announcements. And while sometimes the in-game announcement and the forum announcements are not in sync, or one of them is incomplete relative to the other, that wasn't the case this time.
    JustinU21 said:

The complexity of this event didn't add any value to it

It rewarded people who paid attention and played carefully. If that's not worth rewarding, what's the point of even having the fights. Just give people rewards for logging in.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    SparkAlot said:

Yeah, this was just needlessly over-complicated for no good reason.

It was also a snooze fest. People don't like fighting the same things over & over, like has been said MANY times in the past.

If you remember all those ambushes of MoleMan & Sasquatch, it is just more of the same of this, just spread out. Nobody likes these, yet, Kabam keeps doing the same thing over & over, even if we keep saying these aren't good events.

Sure, it was repetitive, I'll give you that. And the fact that the optimal reward path pretty much locked you into doing one specific arcade is also not ideal. But people are already complaining about having to think about the event with a level of thought normally appropriate to grade school arithmetic. If the optimal reward path required doing lots of different things the complexity would be much higher. I'd be fine with that, but then we'd have ten times more people complaining about the complexity. And if the optimal reward path could be completed with any player choices, then there isn't an optimal reward path at all, you're just handing rewards out to anyone with a pulse.

You can have it be interesting and complex, or you can have it simple and repetitive. You can't have it be simple and non-repetitive, because the devs don't have the content development speed to make completely different fights and paths and map for a single event like this. It simply isn't an option.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    JustinU21 said:

I was able to get all of legendary in the first set of rewards. All of legendary 2nd set. And I am 2 runs away from getting the 5* AG. It wasn’t that hard to understand.

ended up just running the mutant quest over and over again (a very simple thing), so why not just cut out the tokens & tickets BS and just get to the action?
    This is generalisation. There are Summoners whose roster or skill are not there yet and the easier quests giving 2 stamps per run are adequate for now.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Typically I have zero problem with your comments. Not everyone follows YT, or have time to check out their videos. While I was shorted on the epic rewards that was because I didn’t know at the start there was a 3 token quest, I was just getting the 2 token quests done. My bad, but I shouldn’t need anyone but a in game mail to describe what needs to happen. If that’s confusing (or I didn’t read it haha) then it’s a problem going forward.

My wife ended up getting all legendary and epic rewards. Her mistakes were much less then mine, but she waited to do her initial runs unlike I. She merely entered the wrong difficulty a few times at the end.

Oh well. Not a huge loss imo. That is the best part of it. While I’d like an extra 2k 6* shards it’s not the end of the game for missing it. So I really appreciate how the rewards were structured as it allowed for mistakes. Unless you wanted that t5cc and maximize legendary/epic rewards there wasn’t much wiggle room for mistakes.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

JustinU21 said:

Like OP said, it should not be necessary to comb through forums & videos from content creators to learn how to do this event.

It was not necessary to comb through forums and videos. Just reading the initial forum announcement was enough by itself, and just reading the in-game email announcing the event was separately enough all by itself. Both sources separately told you how many stamps were in each arcade and how many tokens you would get. The game itself told you how many stamps you needed in the actual objectives. The forum discussions and Reddit discussion and Youtube creator videos were extra explanation on top of the event announcements. And while sometimes the in-game announcement and the forum announcements are not in sync, or one of them is incomplete relative to the other, that wasn't the case this time.
    JustinU21 said:

The complexity of this event didn't add any value to it

It rewarded people who paid attention and played carefully. If that's not worth rewarding, what's the point of even having the fights. Just give people rewards for logging in.
    It should be ONLY in game mail. Not a mix of everywhere. I didn’t read the in game mail closely enough and that’s on me. The second someone said you can get the information from any other source it’s unacceptable.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this recent event, but thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration for future events. We hope you still managed to enjoy some aspects of this event! :) Cheerio!

@kabam boo why future ones? Why cant it be for this month? Its not even much of an issue in most side quests, this one in particular was more complex.

Can’t we at least make 1 extra token available through a paid offer?
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We're sorry to hear about your experience with this recent event, but thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration for future events. We hope you still managed to enjoy some aspects of this event! :) Cheerio!

The event was fun, but the mastery level difficulty could be lowered a little. It seemed tougher than usual. I recommended rating was 7500, but average PI of champs were 15000.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Kabam Boo said:

@kabam boo why future ones? Why cant it be for this month? Its not even much of an issue in most side quests, this one in particular was more complex.

Can’t we at least make 1 extra token available through a paid offer?
    No