**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What makes this game fun for you?

Two or so years back when I began playing this game, it had all the hallmark of a great game-great characters, compelling story, interesting villains and a fun and visually appealing gameplay (which blew injustice mobile out of the water). I could play the game non stop, progress was slow but the build up was tolerable, I had to wait for a year before getting my first 4* after beating Thanos.

Fast forward and with a good number of 5*s, 4*s and in a good alliance, I find that the game can be really...boring. The changes has been a mixed bag, often times disappointing due to the problems and bugs, but there are times when the changes have been good.

In a game where value is paramount, 4*s and 5*s become more and more a necessity rather than a luxury to go though the content or even be competitive the access to them has and I'm certain will always be limited to a horrible game of chance and randomness of the crystal spin or social life destroying hours of grinding. This ultimately make playing the game seem draggy and often times unrewarding.

Sorry for the long intro, I am curious, what makes this game entertaining for you? Given that I'm losing my drive in this game more and more over time, I'm hoping to find motivation behind what others enjoy in this game.

Comments

• Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Le_Marv_8 wrote: »
    Two or so years back when I began playing this game, it had all the hallmark of a great game-great characters, compelling story, interesting villains and a fun and visually appealing gameplay (which blew injustice mobile out of the water). I could play the game non stop, progress was slow but the build up was tolerable, I had to wait for a year before getting my first 4* after beating Thanos.

Fast forward and with a good number of 5*s, 4*s and in a good alliance, I find that the game can be really...boring. The changes has been a mixed bag, often times disappointing due to the problems and bugs, but there are times when the changes have been good.

In a game where value is paramount, 4*s and 5*s become more and more a necessity rather than a luxury to go though the content or even be competitive the access to them has and I'm certain will always be limited to a horrible game of chance and randomness of the crystal spin or social life destroying hours of grinding. This ultimately make playing the game seem draggy and often times unrewarding.

Sorry for the long intro, I am curious, what makes this game entertaining for you? Given that I'm losing my drive in this game more and more over time, I'm hoping to find motivation behind what others enjoy in this game.

All games are probably more and less like this.

When I start, game is fresh. It's new. It's exciting.
    I have limited heroes, limited resources, limited "connections" to the game
    I can play, log in when I like, log out when I like, play what I wish

When I have played a game for some time, I start to feel the "weight" of the game.
    My expectations are different.
    My skills are different
    My "game requirement" are different
    I now need to log in more frequent. Need more period of game play.
    - Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Monthly Event, Arena Grinding, etc etc
    It then becomes a chore, work which I now pay to "work" rather than work paying me.
    Especially when you have been doing the same mundane thing for the past 2 years or more.

Funny thing is, when I started, I remember me wishing I have more heroes to play, more energy, more things to play.
    Can't join Arena, wish I have more champs.
    Now I can't even finish all my 3*/4* champs in 2 hours

You have got to look for other areas of the game. Motivation and enjoyment is different for different people.
    Currently my enjoyment is now trying to complete Labyrinth Of Legends and waiting the 6star challenge.
    (before was trying to R4/55 someone worth it, before that was beating the crappy Collector, before that was getting R5/50, before that was completing RTTL, before that was completing ROL)

• Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Yagami9999 wrote: »

When I have played a game for some time, I start to feel the "weight" of the game.
    My skills are different
    It then becomes a chore, work which I now pay to "work" rather than work paying me.
    Especially when you have been doing the same mundane thing for the past 2 years or more.

Funny thing is, when I started, I remember me wishing I have more heroes to play, more energy, more things to play.

You have got to look for other areas of the game. Motivation and enjoyment is different for different people.
    Currently my enjoyment is now trying to complete Labyrinth Of Legends and waiting the 6star challenge.
    (before was trying to R4/55 someone worth it, before that was beating the crappy Collector, before that was getting R5/50, before that was completing RTTL, before that was completing ROL)

Yagami9999 wrote: »

My skills are different

Hi Yagami,

I had more or less the same feeling 2 years back. I remember getting my first 3* and occasionally depending on the champ I still feel the same satisfaction and excitement this days.

I wish you the best of luck. Those are some difficult content. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    Addiction.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    truth is.... it has not been fun in a long time.

I guess for me I want to see an increase in summoner levels. the only end game content I have yet to do is LOL, as I am afraid once I do it I will have nothing to look forward too.

I have great alliance friends and that's what keeps me in the game.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    old Alliance War was the most fun part ...

new muh Diversity Parade "wars" is making the game overall NOT FUN.

me and many in top tier alliances won't be playing much longer if Alliance War isn't fixed

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Admittedly, when your account becomes a powerhouse, it becomes less fun, but this doesn't mean that it can be less fun. Sort of. To answer the question of the OP, this game is still quite fun for me because of the little competitions we have off game in our tiny social network (Line) groups with elements of the game. For instance, which one of us (in our little group) has the strongest team, higher prestige.. We even have our own off game Leaderboards and those on the lower end get sort of taunted which drive them to push for the higher end, which is sort of a competition on its own. At least that's how it is for quite a few of us.
    In game content is quite lacking but I'm still optimistic about new monthly event quests and new champs I suppose
  • Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    It sounds like most of us have our alliance to credit for our extended presence in this game. That being said it seems that apart from the social aspect of the game i.e alliance related activities, this game has limited engaging aspect to keep long term/advanced players engaged.
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Admittedly, when your account becomes a powerhouse, it becomes less fun, but this doesn't mean that it can be less fun. Sort of. To answer the question of the OP, this game is still quite fun for me because of the little competitions we have off game in our tiny social network (Line) groups with elements of the game. For instance, which one of us (in our little group) has the strongest team, higher prestige.. We even have our own off game Leaderboards and those on the lower end get sort of taunted which drive them to push for the higher end, which is sort of a competition on its own. At least that's how it is for quite a few of us.
    In game content is quite lacking but I'm still optimistic about new monthly event quests and new champs I suppose

Neroa65 has a unique dynamic in the sense that the alliance challenge each other to be better. Undeniable, most days I stay due to friends I've made over time in my alliance and people I fought in AWs.

truth is.... it has not been fun in a long time.

I guess for me I want to see an increase in summoner levels. the only end game content I have yet to do is LOL, as I am afraid once I do it I will have nothing to look forward too.

I have great alliance friends and that's what keeps me in the game.

Sadly bro, I am in more or less in your situation too. It's awful in periods like this where the basic 4* champ is one I have that makes the days go by so...uneventful and dull I ponder how the game can become so stagnant and dull. Queue future arenas I'll be occupied but often the down time is quite long. Unfortunately my roster isnt so great that I can challenge for newer 4* arenas.
    Addiction.
    I concur. This game is an addiction to many and to an extent myself included.

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    To be honest, I don't even know anymore
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    how do you guys have time to type so much?
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Time ago I know: when any hobbie become a job it start being unfunny.

Sadly MCoC is a job if you want/try keep in the race. I'm not talking about to be competitive or climb to the top or even climb some steps, nop, even if you want keep your current relative position you should play and play and play.
    Alliances are a stress and Arenas are a black hole sucking time and life.

The latest problems with the playability were a last nail and I quited alliances even later I quited arenas. I'm now only doing monthly quests and the min in 4*F for the shards.
    What I realize? it work for me, I'm (a bit more) enjoying it again (or at least I'm not longer hating it) because I'm playing in my way, with no pressions or never end goals.
    And the problems in the gameplay remember me why I did it, so I quit the temptation when it come back.
    Apache wrote: »
    how do you guys have time to type so much?
    You start and suddenly you already have a long text.

But I'm agree with you, anyone can do a long text but sometimes it's a pandemia in some threads and some guys.
    Heck, I like short answers but even I have done many long answers.