**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I very much regret pushing for thronebreaker prematurely, Cavs don't force it.

Just reflecting on the $200 bucks I spent to form that catalyst and ranking up something that was un-duped (that will probably never get duped let alone sigged up) and honestly there was no point. Those daily crystals might as well be called t4 basic crystals, there are no regular offers for thronbreakers, no exclusive content, cav difficulty is soooooo arduous as it is, honestly, I can't think of a single real benefit that's worth the rush.

Long story short guys, let it happen naturally, it's a pointless pursuit.

Comments

• Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Thats what I being telling peps
    Now that the holidays are gone, ain’t really worth rushing thronebreaker
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    I don’t get too obsessive about six stars. Once you’re allowed to sell fives, that will be the sign that they’re no longer so relevant (“don’t sell champs,” I know, I know, I just mean once there’s an option to do so).
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Yes your experience is the same as all other thronebreakers so nobody should go for it because you personally haven’t seen anything worthwhile come yet, with no indication of how long you’ve even been thronebreaker for.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Just reflecting on the $200 bucks I spent to form that catalyst and ranking up something that was un-duped (that will probably never get duped let alone sigged up) and honestly there was no point. Those daily crystals might as well be called t4 basic crystals, there are no regular offers for thronbreakers, no exclusive content, cav difficulty is soooooo arduous as it is, honestly, I can't think of a single real benefit that's worth the rush.

There were supposed to be additional benefits such as a new arena crystal.. new gold crystal and specific solo objectives. Apparently they have cancelled the plans to introduce them.. not sure why there hasn't been an announcement about not adding them to the game.
    Or, and stay with me here, they just haven't done those things yet.
    I'm just going off something that was mentioned by kabam (not on the forums) that they were no longer going to introduce the additional items. I think it was around the same time they stated they were no longer going to change the monthly legends system (there is a post for the legends part on the forums though).
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I became Cav in November, I don’t even look at Cavalier difficulty event stuff because it feels more like Thronebreaker, the amount of decent 5*s or above due to node specific champs for paths is just a turn off and impossible with 4 maxed 5*s.
    I’m not sure how long they expect players to take to get to Thronebreaker but for me it will be years at this rate and I will possibly have lost interest by then.
    The struggle to get T2A and T5B is a long enough road and that’s mainly achieved via AQ.
    I realise they have to have progressing tiers for Non-Whales and players that are not God mode players but personally think Cav difficulty for Cav players is too champion specific and that should be for top tier players like Thronebreaker which I presumed was the point.
    Kabam needs to separate CAV from TB like uncollected is compared to Cav or Conqueror, the difference is Night & Day.
    Me acquiring T5CC via Cav monthly events is as so rare it may as well be called a Bismuth Crystal.

I’ve been Cav since just before Cav crystals were introduced to the game for the first time and still can’t get thronebreaker because the RNG has split all my T5cc pretty evenly so I wouldn’t be rushing it too much if you’ve only been cav since November. Though I know a few alliance mates that have been Cav for far less time and gotten to TB because every crystal they got gave them the same class.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    You can get 2,25 t5cc extra when you get thronebreaker. I welcome the t4b actually since it is not really present in end game rewards. it saves me from doing the arena and lower level event quests. The glory that would have gone to it can go to the t5cc crystal from the glory store only thronebreakers get.
    I also have been lucky enough to pull roughly 3 t2a and 2 t5b from the dailies. Been thronebreaker for about 2 months now. And the potions you can get from the 4h crystals are actually usable, unlike the level 2 versions.

One thing I have to say thou. Do not spend to get thronebreaker. Just from it from the game, or do your first abyss path. If you have almost any champ in the class you get just r3 them. The bad r3 won`t hold you back because you can roughly get 2 more r3's in a year than a cavalier player does.
    The meta is still very much at 5/65 and 2/35 level so for a long while that first r3 won`t matter. Getting the others faster will.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

My experience over a month or so...

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

There have been quite a few of us since the addition of the title that have continually said that people shouldn't overstretch for it and that things like the daily crystals, while definitely a nice perk, aren't remotely close to worth rushing and especially not worth a bad rank up. Very few people actually listened to anything we had to say though bc they saw some cherry-picked screenshots and I guess assumed we were trying to horde all the cool stuff ourselves.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★

There were supposed to be additional benefits such as a new arena crystal.. new gold crystal and specific solo objectives. Apparently they have cancelled the plans to introduce them.. not sure why there hasn't been an announcement about not adding them to the game.
    I'm just going off something that was mentioned by kabam (not on the forums) that they were no longer going to introduce the additional items. I think it was around the same time they stated they were no longer going to change the monthly legends system (there is a post for the legends part on the forums though).
    Who said that? When do they ever announce changes and not put them here on the forums?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

There have been quite a few of us since the addition of the title that have continually said that people shouldn't overstretch for it and that things like the daily crystals, while definitely a nice perk, aren't remotely close to worth rushing and especially not worth a bad rank up. Very few people actually listened to anything we had to say though bc they saw some cherry-picked screenshots and I guess assumed we were trying to horde all the cool stuff ourselves.
    You’re 100% correct.

Looking back at threads in November-ish, you and a few others specifically noted the dailies were nothing special. But that screenshot from Patchie (I think) of fully formed T2a, T5b and 10K 6* shards danced like sugar-plums in most people’s heads.

Dr. Zola
  • Just reflecting on the $200 bucks I spent to form that catalyst and ranking up something that was un-duped (that will probably never get duped let alone sigged up) and honestly there was no point. Those daily crystals might as well be called t4 basic crystals, there are no regular offers for thronbreakers, no exclusive content, cav difficulty is soooooo arduous as it is, honestly, I can't think of a single real benefit that's worth the rush.

Who said that? When do they ever announce changes and not put them here on the forums?
    The February buffs weren't on the forums when they first got announced.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

The February buffs weren't on the forums when they first got announced.
    I don't know about that but they put everything here once it was announced and released.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You’re 100% correct.

Looking back at threads in November-ish, you and a few others specifically noted the dailies were nothing special. But that screenshot from Patchie (I think) of fully formed T2a, T5b and 10K 6* shards danced like sugar-plums in most people’s heads.

Dr. Zola
    And I get how those shots look to people on the outside, it's why I tried to try to represent the value more realistically personally. I've had some really good pulls since they've been added don't get me wrong. Since then, I've gotten full t5b twice, 10% t5cc twice, and 10k 6* shards once. That's been over the course of what 3 months now though?

Absolutely great bonuses but nothing that has made any massive difference to my account. In all honesty, the added t2a and t4b have been useful more regularly than anything. Not exactly exciting though.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You’re 100% correct.

Dr. Zola
    And I get how those shots look to people on the outside, it's why I tried to try to represent the value more realistically personally. I've had some really good pulls since they've been added don't get me wrong. Since then, I've gotten full t5b twice, 10% t5cc twice, and 10k 6* shards once. That's been over the course of what 3 months now though?

Absolutely great bonuses but nothing that has made any massive difference to my account. In all honesty, the added t2a and t4b have been useful more regularly than anything. Not exactly exciting though.
    Honestly, I don’t understand why any cats other than T2a, T5b and T5c are fragmented. Whole T4b and T4c are hardly game breakers if you are TB.

Dr. Zola
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,297 ★★★★
    I guess I was right in not pushing myself hard to get thronebreaker title.. although I think I have a pretty solid 6* roster.. I have not completed much of the story, variant, labyrth to acquire the needed tier5 class catalyst.. I have awaken some 6* but not the ones I would actually want as rank3.

Anyways play at your pace, it’s not a race.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Is it worth spending 200$ to get Thronebreaker? Not really for now

Is it worth using a t5cc you already have on an above average champ (not god) to get Thronebreaker? Imo yes it is.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I was just a fresh Cav when Cyber came so the Cav deals were still enticing for me even though it was a letdown to most Cavs, especially those who are later Cavs, but looking at those TB deals made me drool. The TB dailies were also enticing and the hype for the Christmas Gift was massive. I knew a lot rushed to TB just for that then the hype settled and we realized that it's not that really game changing... for now. It's good to have but not necessary, maybe until July 4th.

I'm almost there without spending anything for any T5CC deal. If I bought the 15% selector after finishing 7.1, I may have been TB now. The T5CC I'm forming is from content alone (not doing Map 7) which makes it much more satisfying once I get TB.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You’re 100% correct.

Dr. Zola

Honestly, I don’t understand why any cats other than T2a, T5b and T5c are fragmented. Whole T4b and T4c are hardly game breakers if you are TB.

Dr. Zola
    If I get TB soon, I'll love those T4Bs as they are still my bottleneck. I'm still ranking up 5*s left and right more than 6*s.. Lol.