**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I very much regret pushing for thronebreaker prematurely, Cavs don't force it.

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I was fresh Cav when Cyber came so the deals were still enticing to me, even though they aren't as good for later Cavs. But looking at those TB deals made me drool. The Christmas Gift was hyped too and the dailies were said to be gamechanging. But after the hype settled down, we realize that it was good but not necessary, maybe until July 4th.

I'm almost there and luckily I have an R3 option for every class despite having only a couple of 6*s. I'm also about to form a T5CC just from clearing content and I've ignored all the T5CC deals that came. I may have been TB now if I bought any deal, especially that 15% selector after completing 7.1, but I ignored it. It's more satisfying to form one by grinding alone. TB was overhyped. The benefits of holding the title aren't there yet. No new Arena Crystal, Thronebreaker Crystal, and others. So yea, no real need to rush. We'll get there when we can.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★

Just reflecting on the $200 bucks I spent to form that catalyst and ranking up something that was un-duped (that will probably never get duped let alone sigged up) and honestly there was no point. Those daily crystals might as well be called t4 basic crystals, there are no regular offers for thronbreakers, no exclusive content, cav difficulty is soooooo arduous as it is, honestly, I can't think of a single real benefit that's worth the rush.

Long story short guys, let it happen naturally, it's a pointless pursuit.

You made that choice. Outside of the holidays you saw there was no TB offers, exclusive content, etc . Until the spring cleaning event or July 4th offers there is no reason to rush to TB.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @DrZola Exactly what happened dude. I was betting on the 6 star awakening gem for the big gift (I know this sounds silly, especially if you've been playing since day one) but I just could not handle the thought of some people getting a 6 star awakening and I was gonna get another 5 star generic to add to the stack, so I forced it. Obviously that didn't happen anyway but I guess I'm surprised that there still isn't anything more to it. I would have thought by now we would have seen a couple cool offers or maybe a throne breaker crystal with three stars gone or something, but alas, no...in any case, always appreciate the insightful posts, and yeah, Cavs, don't rush it.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Rushing for TB was more for Cyber Monday deals than TB dailies. For a solid 2 months, it looks like TB would be treated 10 times better than Cav.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

@DrZola Exactly what happened dude. I was betting on the 6 star awakening gem for the big gift (I know this sounds silly, especially if you've been playing since day one) but I just could not handle the thought of some people getting a 6 star awakening and I was gonna get another 5 star generic to add to the stack, so I forced it. Obviously that didn't happen anyway but I guess I'm surprised that there still isn't anything more to it. I would have thought by now we would have seen a couple cool offers or maybe a throne breaker crystal with three stars gone or something, but alas, no...in any case, always appreciate the insightful posts, and yeah, Cavs, don't rush it.

Who did you take to rank 3?
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★

This is the 3rd time someone has asked lol
  • DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

My experience over a month or so...

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

There have been quite a few of us since the addition of the title that have continually said that people shouldn't overstretch for it and that things like the daily crystals, while definitely a nice perk, aren't remotely close to worth rushing and especially not worth a bad rank up. Very few people actually listened to anything we had to say though bc they saw some cherry-picked screenshots and I guess assumed we were trying to horde all the cool stuff ourselves.
    You’re 100% correct.

Looking back at threads in November-ish, you and a few others specifically noted the dailies were nothing special. But that screenshot from Patchie (I think) of fully formed T2a, T5b and 10K 6* shards danced like sugar-plums in most people’s heads.

Dr. Zola
    Those screenshots were a large component of the reason why I started tracking daily drops explicitly, to see what the actual long term average value was. That's also why I don't report my first ten: I knew them from memory, but hadn't actually decided to start recording them, so while I know what they were, I don't factor them into my statistics.
  • DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

There have been quite a few of us since the addition of the title that have continually said that people shouldn't overstretch for it and that things like the daily crystals, while definitely a nice perk, aren't remotely close to worth rushing and especially not worth a bad rank up. Very few people actually listened to anything we had to say though bc they saw some cherry-picked screenshots and I guess assumed we were trying to horde all the cool stuff ourselves.
    You’re 100% correct.

Looking back at threads in November-ish, you and a few others specifically noted the dailies were nothing special. But that screenshot from Patchie (I think) of fully formed T2a, T5b and 10K 6* shards danced like sugar-plums in most people’s heads.

Dr. Zola
    And I get how those shots look to people on the outside, it's why I tried to try to represent the value more realistically personally. I've had some really good pulls since they've been added don't get me wrong. Since then, I've gotten full t5b twice, 10% t5cc twice, and 10k 6* shards once. That's been over the course of what 3 months now though?

Absolutely great bonuses but nothing that has made any massive difference to my account. In all honesty, the added t2a and t4b have been useful more regularly than anything. Not exactly exciting though.
    Honestly, I don’t understand why any cats other than T2a, T5b and T5c are fragmented. Whole T4b and T4c are hardly game breakers if you are TB.

Dr. Zola
    The short answer is that a) you get more perceived value from the full cats if they are mixed in with half cats. It is irrational, but true. And b) the designer probably had a reward budget, and this is the more immediate constraint on the rewards.

I think from an economic budget perspective, the cats could all be full cats without creating problems, but I don't know how to address (a) while keeping them full cats without getting into genuinely problematic territory.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I disagree with this. If you can get Thronebreaker get it as soon as possible. Its better rewards period and it all adds up.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i've easily gotten back the materials i spent to get TB back from the dailies minus the T5cc.

2 full T5B, countless T4b, 4 full T2a and several drops of 18k, gold from the free 4 hour crystals and iso from 5* dupes from the daily crystal as well.

even tho i havent gotten back a full T5cc, i've gotten the monthly 10% T5cc frag crystal and the 5% T5cc from glory store.

would i have spent money to get TB? absolutely not.

i wanted it badly so i jumped into Abyss and pulled a Tech which went to Sentinel r3, do i regret the rank up? never, Sent is amazing.

since getting TB i've taken Corvus and Punisher2099 to r3 for fun, thats how much getting TB has helped me progress.

not worth spending cash, but def worth jumping into Abyss.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    How about kabam just letting us trade in T4cc crystals for T5cc shards, end of discussion.
    doctorb said:

How about kabam just letting us trade in T4cc crystals for T5cc shards, end of discussion.

This would be a lovely TB perk, i'm all for it.

Kinda wondering why he/she keeps dodging the “Who was it?” Question. I swear its gonna be like corvus or ghost.

Plot twist: his TB r3 is CGR .... :o
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★

Kinda wondering why he/she keeps dodging the “Who was it?” Question. I swear its gonna be like corvus or ghost.

@Masterpuff i was thinking it was going to be a trash champ and that’s why they are disappointed
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

This is the 3rd time someone has asked lol
    And we still want an answer lol.

@BadPullsMarco who’s you take to rank 3?
  • doctorb said:

Right now T3CC generates 180 shards of T4CC when sold, which is 0.5% of a crystal. T2CC generates 130 T3CC fragments which is 5% of a crystal. T1CC generates 100 T2CC fragments which is a little over 15% of a crystal. Following that trend, T4CC would probably generate something like 0.1% of a T5CC crystal. But even at the T3CC values If they did that people would just complain about the exchange rate, making it better that it doesn't exist at all.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You’re 100% correct.

Dr. Zola
    Those screenshots were a large component of the reason why I started tracking daily drops explicitly, to see what the actual long term average value was. That's also why I don't report my first ten: I knew them from memory, but hadn't actually decided to start recording them, so while I know what they were, I don't factor them into my statistics.
    Right. My current tally suggests T4b/T4c shards occur with a regularity that’s just slightly less than gray iso chunks from Cav solo objective crystals.

Dr. Zola
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    If it cost you $200/ 6600 units to get it , but saved you 3-4 months of grinding , you shouldn’t feel bad. In this game we either pay with time or money.

Now, with that being said act 6 100% probably cost way more than 6k units, abyss 100% is probably the same cost.

Whoever you ranked up, you will now start accumulating resources a lot quicker, they just kind of sneak up on you. You will now get 25% T5CC extra a month( glory + calendar) , that is pretty significant but it adds up.

What that $200 dollars allowed you to do, is gain access to rare resources including T5B shards , which now you won’t have to spend your glory on as much or can buy one less .

It will pay off soon enough.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    For every person that says it's worth it, you will get one who says it wasn't. And for the most part it is the result of the RNG experience.

In my first month of TB, I pulled 4 5*s that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. 2 from cavs and 2 from shards. Been getting healthy doses of T2A and T4B. I'm starving for T2A with T5B in overflow, so it is welcome.

The T4B is also welcome since I can drop the arena and never have to worried about being short.

I'm F2P, so the great TB deals were never on my agenda. The benefits can be subtle, but do add up.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    From the previous posts I can tell that it was a mutant that he r3ed, but can't say which one. It doesn't show on his profile so it's probably unawakened.
  • DNA3000 said:

doctorb said:

Right now T3CC generates 180 shards of T4CC when sold, which is 0.5% of a crystal. T2CC generates 130 T3CC fragments which is 5% of a crystal. T1CC generates 100 T2CC fragments which is a little over 15% of a crystal. Following that trend, T4CC would probably generate something like 0.1% of a T5CC crystal. But even at the T3CC values If they did that people would just complain about the exchange rate, making it better that it doesn't exist at all.
    I don't think it would be too much of an issue to allow for 1 t4CC/class/month to be exchanged for 1-2%. It would prevent those who have stockpiled 100s of T4CC stocked up from just being able to rinse the system. What it would do is allow the people who are sat on 98% of a T5CC get that last 2% which can be a massive frustration when you're waiting for AW season rewards or the 2% crystals from the monthly side quests etc.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

WHO DID YOU RANK DAMMIT

ANSWER ME
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

For every person that says it's worth it, you will get one who says it wasn't. And for the most part it is the result of the RNG experience.

In my first month of TB, I pulled 4 5*s that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. 2 from cavs and 2 from shards. Been getting healthy doses of T2A and T4B. I'm starving for T2A with T5B in overflow, so it is welcome.

The T4B is also welcome since I can drop the arena and never have to worried about being short.

I'm F2P, so the great TB deals were never on my agenda. The benefits can be subtle, but do add up.

I agree with this. Over time, the aggregate volume of stuff should add up.

But the devil is (as always) in the pRNG.

Dr. Zola
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★

WHO DID YOU RANK DAMMIT

ANSWER ME
    I am making a guess it is ...

Don't rush it if your not interested in the gift differentials because after Christmas there's not gonna be any real difference till March. Right now, kabam is being insanely tone deaf and cruel by what there giving out, but its gonna come to an abrupt stop soon, so if you really don't want to r3 that Karnak and you don't really care about a 6 star awakening gem, the just be patient.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

WHO DID YOU RANK DAMMIT

ANSWER ME
    RIGHT NOW