**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• If 6* are soon to come out then whats the point of completing rol since the rewards are trash now...rhino, cyclopse, and ronan...the best part are the 2 t4b which arent that hard to get now
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Boomer56 wrote: »
    If 6* are soon to come out then whats the point of completing rol since the rewards are trash now...rhino, cyclopse, and ronan...the best part are the 2 t4b which arent that hard to get now

It's also insanely easy to beat now.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Well yeah lol they have like r4 attack with a ton of health. It's like an endurance quest lol
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    ROL is easy now but hey, it's the content I still like the most. Just a big guy without stupid nodes/abilities to make you spend.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    @kabam any plans on addressing the concerns and suggestions in this thread, or is this a dead matter now? Feels a little bit like "suck it and see" to me.
  • I have a hard time getting 4 stars as it is, i have yet to dupe even 1, and i dont have a single 5 star yet either. Is it possible we can focus on other things first then the 6 stars? If the 6 stars dont have anything really special about them then why have them?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I have a hard time getting 4 stars as it is, i have yet to dupe even 1, and i dont have a single 5 star yet either. Is it possible we can focus on other things first then the 6 stars? If the 6 stars dont have anything really special about them then why have them?

I don't think you joining the game years after others and being behind is a fair argument
  • R4GE wrote: »
    I have a hard time getting 4 stars as it is, i have yet to dupe even 1, and i dont have a single 5 star yet either. Is it possible we can focus on other things first then the 6 stars? If the 6 stars dont have anything really special about them then why have them?

I don't think you joining the game years after others and being behind is a fair argument

Thats not the argument im making, im just saying i would rather not spend years stuck in one place because i need a pinch of luck to move an inch and then wait another few years for that same luck
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

Thats not the argument im making, im just saying i would rather not spend years stuck in one place because i need a pinch of luck to move an inch and then wait another few years for that same luck

So you feel that the addition of 6*s would put you further behind the pack? And if they weren't added you would be able to catch up? Not sure I am understanding.
  • This thread is dead. No response and no listening to the community. Majority of your players don't want this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

6* champions are going to be stronger and they are going to have a new ability unique to 6* champions much like 5* champions have the unique special three offense/defense mechanic. But they exist because they need to exist to further develop the progressional ladder of the game.

However, if you have a hard time getting 4* champions and don't have a single 5* champion yet, then you should in fact focus on other things than the 6* champs. They are appropriate pursuit targets for players far higher up the progressional ladder than you. You should focus on achievable goals. We have different definitions of an achievable goal.
    This thread is dead. No response and no listening to the community. Majority of your players don't want this.

I would bet real money that if the actual choices were explained to every single MCOC player, most would choose to allow the progressional ladder to rise above 5* champions.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    When we dupe a maxed out 2*, we get the max signature ability crystal that will give us additional 3* shards. Likewise for 3* and 4*. Shouldn’t there be one for maxed 5*?
  • Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    When we dupe a maxed out 2*, we get the max signature ability crystal that will give us additional 3* shards. Likewise for 3* and 4*. Shouldn’t there be one for maxed 5*?

You get 6* shards on duping 5* whether maxed or not that's the bonus
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    Since champs like Scarlet, Wolverine, and Strange wont be available in 5 or 6 star, will their nerf be removed or lessened to keep them relevant?
  • BoogsBoogs Posts: 17
    so 6*s will have a regen auto effect built into their challenger rating ? thats just dumb
  • Not sure if this has been asked but if the 6 stars are comming out will the cost of other items like 3 stars or 4 stars be lowered? Not just champs but sig stones, and tiers as well?
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    I think once the six stars are added it would be fair to increase the drop rate of the four and five stars from grandmaster crystal and maybe remove two stars from phc crystal or decrease their drop rate.

Also with the introduction of six stars and us still not being able to fully rank our five stars, is there any chance five star versions of Scarlet, Wolverine, or Thor? I do understand why they haven’t been added yet as the current four star versions can compete with r4 five stars. But surely with six stars their overall strength will be much more diminished.
    Aliab wrote: »
    I think once the six stars are added it would be fair to increase the drop rate of the four and five stars from grandmaster crystal and maybe remove two stars from phc crystal or decrease their drop rate.

Also with the introduction of six stars and us still not being able to fully rank our five stars, is there any chance five star versions of Scarlet, Wolverine, or Thor? I do understand why they haven’t been added yet as the current four star versions can compete with r4 five stars. But surely with six stars their overall strength will be much more diminished.

If 5 star shards become more available, then explain to me why I would ever, ever, buy any future x-star shard related offer?

@Kabam Miike can someone please explain to us what all of this means? Particularly the folks who invested heavily in 5 star shard deals, spent on 5 star unstoppable colossus thinking he was the highest level version of that champ that would ever be availiable, and so-on...

Please let 6 Stars be a rank-up on maxed 5 star champs, unlocking some form of re-skin.
  • Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    I'm hoping they change their appearances or moves or something. Make them something special at least. Make it happen kabam lol
    I'm hoping they change their appearances or moves or something. Make them something special at least. Make it happen kabam lol

The adrenaline system is the unique feature that they've announced.

• MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    Vavasour wrote: »
    Omar wrote: »
    I am a whale and unabashedly so --I've spent tens of thousand in acquiring and ranking top tier champs, opening crystals, completing lol back when it cost 5k...etc...Myself, along with many others in the big spending community, are particularly upset with this latest announcement that continues a nasty trend of devaluing in game content to promote further spending to compete. Not a bad business strategy by any means, but there is a breaking point for fans and customer's wherein the products and services start to lose all value when they can be easily replaced or manipulated. Sadly, we have reached that point.A precedent has been established where we can not trust that any type of in game accomplishment either through time spent or money spent or both, will have any value in the future. Kabam has destroyed that trust. Investing in 6 star champs just allows this company to gear up for 7 star champs a year from now, and 8 star champs after that. That's not horrible until you consider how these tiers of champs are marketed at the time as being the strongest and most viable content for the foreseeable future. We spend thousands on the crystal and then those same champs became much more easily attained or they get replaced all together. Instead of kabam innovating to keep three star, four star and five star champs valuable, say by adding in new unlockable moves or even further ranks for them to progress, the company would rather release new 200 unit crystals and another star onto future champs. All done not to offer new content (unless adding a star to current champs and allowing them to regen hits taken is very "new") but done to fill money coffers. To pressure the player base into upgrading from what they were told were valuable champs to begin with. Sad day for mcoc. @Kabam Miike

THREAD WAS CLOSED DOWN SO REPOSTING HERE

I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I apologize that this announcement has caused it. We definitely don't mean to cause that feeling once they're released. To touch on what you've said: One of the big reasons we're adding 6-Stars to the game is so that our higher tiered players, like yourself, have the ability to keep growing beyond what you already have with 5-Stars. Same goes for the lower tier. There is a newer goal to work towards that allows for my content within the game. It's important to also remember that champions which are considered valuable are still considered so.

I understand that this may not seem like a "new" addition, but it adds more to do in the long run than what an unlockable move here or there would do. With this will come new Arenas, new crystals and new champions of higher stature. 6-Stars will also have their own unique feature in the same way 5-Stars do. This update opens doors for all players that may have seemed like there was nothing to do beyond their 5-Stars. Which in turn will have an easier time being ranked than previously due to the newest addition of these 6-Star Champions. Your 5-Stars and 4-Stars will still hold merit within the game as long as you wish them to, for use in Story, Event, Alliance Quests and Arenas.

This wasn't a means to diminish their existence, this was a means of ensuring there was more to do beyond what was already achieved and/or close to achieving. We are still also going to continue to add more quest content, and continue to improve The Contest in new ways for all of our players!

This doesn't make me feel any better. Just sounds like "We know what you want, so get ready for it... and oh yeah we'll eventually get to all that other stuff you've been beggin for too."

@Kabam Vydious: WHY CAN'T 6 STARS BE AN UPGRADE AGAINST CURRENT MAXED OUR 5 STARS?

SAME PLAN, EXECUTED JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENT, SATISFIES HALF THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD. (And yes, I'm yelling)

Completely agree why there isn't a way to take a 4* to 5* and so on like other mobile superhero games I have NO idea. Would make it far more tolerable and give people half a chance at getting certain champs at 5*. I have done one LOL run through and want to 100% but your losing out kabam on my spend because I dont have any controllable way to aquire the champs I need. Other games on mobile in this same genre have this and it's a big gap. It's reason why I'll end playing after 5.4
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I will end playing after 5.4. 6 stars will ruin the game for sure.

Imagine a rank 1 6 star = rank 4 5 star.

Why so much effort to win 5 stars for nothing. This is absolutely ridiculous.

What is next kabam?

7 stars in 2019?

By the way you handle your company you wont make it to 2020! Everyone is retiring or reducing game play in bunches. Dont you notice?
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I will end playing after 5.4. 6 stars will ruin the game for sure.

Imagine a rank 1 6 star = rank 4 5 star.

Why so much effort to win 5 stars for nothing. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The way I see it, if 6* rank 1 is approximately equal to 5* rank 4 then that means the first 6* champ I eventually get will make LoL a whole lot easier. It is important to remember that when Kabam makes new content like Act 5 and uses node buffs to make it harder we will never rank up our roster beyond a certain point to take that content on. But when they introduce 6* champions to make new content harder I will have the opportunity to acquire those same champions and rank up to meet that content. And in the process make completing all other past content easier.

Node buffs are a weapon only one side gets to use. 6* champions are a weapon both sides get to (eventually) have. So I like those better. And the stronger they are, the stronger the arsenal I will eventually get.
    What is next kabam?

7 stars in 2019?

Not that soon, but probably one day. And if not that, then something else with a similar effect. There will always be something new to chase, and there will never be a short cut to chasing it. That is simply a matter of plain fact.
  • So here's my 2 cents. When you first start a game it's exciting you advance, grow, and have fun. Your hard work shows with every champ you collect and rank. In this situation we built and then you added 5*. Which were in my mind suppose to be the strongest and rarest of champs, hence why it took some of us months to get 1. Now most of us have 3 or more 5*, nowhere near the amount of 4* we have so it's still exciting to collect and grow them stronger. That initial excitement you somewhat recreated with 5*s and now your doing it again with 6*s. My issue is I'll play a game once maybe twice if I'm just that bored or into it. But to start all over again? Geez kabam we're beating a dead horse with continually collecting the same champs because the new content requires higher star champs. How bout you just add a level to each star rating. I.e. 4* to rank 6/60 3* to 5/50 that way instead of starting over (with the random dispurtions) we can keep our hard work and money and instead try and grow what we have while still collecting the rest of the 5*s. People want harder content without spending money, give up, you won't win that. I started as a 15-20 times a day, then turned into $100 bucks here and there then thousands, now I'm going on 10 months $0. And even not logging in on certain days lol. I'm sitting incapable of growing do to lacking rewards and adding 6*?!? Add levels to what we already have release new champs as you have put t4cc in EVERYONES HANDS, while using t2 alpha t5 basics and whatever else you make up for a 5*s 6th level to separate the 300 hardcore from the millions below. The moment 6*s release I'm leaving, it's been a fun 3 years but sorry I can't do the start over bit. It's not rewarding.
  • little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20
    @Kabam Miike I just wanted to comment that your statement and observation that 5* Champions didn't make 4*s obsolete is correct - they did not. 4*s are still many people bread and butter champs.

5*s did make 3*s obsolete though mainly due to challenger rating and the block damage taken. A champ two levels down can no longer be used effectively by most people for the majority of content.

This is why many myself included believe that 6*s will make 4*s obsolete - especially so as 6*s have a non linear increase in challenger rating.

Before challenger rating was introduced I used all my champs even 2*s. Now my 3*s, 2*s and 1*s are completely unused. This in turn makes half of the rewards in the game also pointless.
  • Aliab wrote: »

You have to remember that there are new and newer players all the time that's why what we got has to stay the same otherwise they will progress too fast which is actually worse than many expect for them as they won't learn the game and will keep posting silly nerf, buff etc things on the forums.
  • little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20
    I do like the addition of 6*s though I really hope decent champs are added as the first additions to drive excitement and entice people to strive for them.

Keen to see the adrenaline mechanic at work too. Wouldn't it make sense to have it be a burst of damage rather than healing though? Just a thought.

I like that 5*s are becoming more common too - it's been a subtle progression and one that has been tiered fairly well. I think the balance of most things are pretty good.

My only suggestion is to make some 5* shards a milestone in arena - maybe just the last milestone so people know what they have to do. War rewards should also be increased.

Cat stash limits need to be increased too as people just don't open crystals as is as our stashes are full. T4 basics need to be more available too.

I've had lots of issues playing this game - parry, evade, movement, specials not working etc. Please keep working on these.

And please make legend runs only include fight times not load times so people with Android devices can take part - that's half your user base. It should be decided on skill, strategy and roster not what device you use (instead of $1500 to apple it could money to Kabam). Just cap the legend run at 6 hours. This way people can even take a break for food and the bathroom.

I still really enjoy it though and overall the team there does a fantastic job.

Please bring back defender kills in war though. Knowing who will win up front does really impact how hard people (the entire alliance) push - much worse than making a strategic decision of whether to fight or hold on a single fight. Strategy and choice are an important element of the game.

Lastly champs like Mephisto that only have a small number of counters (only one basic champ that is incinerate immune) or quake if your skilled really limits who can enjoy challenges. At least make ghost rider incinerate immune - he is already on fire Afterall.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    6 star heroes means nothing. same way of playing but credit only to the node buffs.. without the buff 1star til 6 star means nothing
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    And like you will fight 6 stars with no buffs in AQ and events right?