**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is karnak worth taking to rank 5 ?

I recently got a karnak. I'm a fairly new player and have a rank 4 karnak was asking if he is good to take to rank 5 other than his high prestige. I also have a crossbones, quake and SL. Suggestions?

Comments

• Sokovia_AccordsSokovia_Accords Posts: 23
    edited June 2017
    Karnak is good for prestige but for nothing else.

I'd rather rank up champs which would be actually useful like Xbones, Quake, and SL. LOL
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

I'd rather rank up champs which would have impact on the game, like Xbones, Quake, and SL. LOL

OP don't Listen to such ****
    Karnak is really good, sp1 and then no one can evade of active abilitys, when you are focuse you only do critical hit, which is basically during the whole fight

• MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Wait for a good skill champ: XB, Electra, even BW are better than him!
  • I believe he's a great a champ.. all i want to know is if i should rank him or wait for CB. Nomatter what karnak would be a rank 5 one day. I'm noting down every advice.
  • MEKA5 wrote: »

Thanks Meka, I'll wait for it.
    MEKA5 wrote: »

That's why whe shouldn't talk about heroes here... what does XB do against an armor node ? Or red Hulk ? Nothing At all. He is great, but you guys have to open your eyes.

Just has you guys think phoenix is only good for prestige while she is the champion with the greatest strengh of the game
  • TKal wrote: »

That's why whe shouldn't talk about heroes here... what does XB do against an armor node ? Or red Hulk ? Nothing At all. He is great, but you guys have to open your eyes.

Just has you guys think phoenix is only good for prestige while she is the champion with the greatest strengh of the game

LMFAO.. id guess you really know much about crossbones. He stack fury buffs and with almost 6 fury stacks a rank 4 xbones hit like 600+ against a armored kang or civil warrior and pheonix ? What do you think is good about her ? Even Gamora is better.
    Do you know if you are using Karnak sp3, there will no regeneration, or limbo for magik... Karnak is very underrated champion. He is really good... sp1 give opponent no evade, sp2 increase your rating and sp3 give you daze.
    TKal wrote: »

LMFAO.. id guess you really know much about crossbones. He stack fury buffs and with almost 6 fury stacks a rank 4 xbones hit like 600+ against a armored kang or civil warrior and pheonix ? What do you think is good about her ? Even Gamora is better.

See that's what i said... you obviously don't know the champs and how they work... if a champ works differently than only hitting it sucks...

Whith Phoenix rank4 you can have your SP3 + 10 furies and do about 35k damages in about 20 second on a fight, before your opponement has his SP2. But i let you figure out how that works with your incredible brain
    I let you a video so you can start learning, it will be a great experience for you : you have a lot to learn about underrated champs of the games

https://youtu.be/N9Xl0LMdiNc

Like i said phoenix has the strongest offensive potential of the game.
    Karnak is, for me, the second best skill, after gwenpool, and electra when she will work correctly
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    edited June 2017
    I have karnak as 5* and have been using him since the day he was released. Do not R5 him. He is very weak.

He has the LOWEST armor in the game: zero armor (even lower than rocket).
    His base crit rate is the LOWEST in the game. So you have to fight for 9 secs before you can get him focused and start getting crits.
    His base crit damage is among the lowest in the game. So even when he starts getting crits, they are puny crits.
    His signature ability is worthless.
    His passive ability against mutants is worthless.
    His sp1 does zero damage and makes him vulnerable to attack.

Truly he is one of the worst skills champs. I would rank him lower than bw and moon knight.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited June 2017
    That 8K Gwenpool would be dead with 6 (maybe 10 max) hits of my 5/50 sig 60 XB...like any Electro or Spidey I face ;-)

That 8K Gwenpool would be dead with 6 (maybe 10 max) hits of my 5/50 sig 60 XB...like any Electro or Spidey I face ;-)

And Phoenix Rank 4 takes 5 hits. And even if here sp3 does'n'y work on gwenpool, you hit her, Phoenix rank 4 crits at 3k.

• TKal wrote: »
    I let you a video so you can start learning, it will be a great experience for you : you have a lot to learn about underrated champs of the games

Karnak is, for me, the second best skill, after gwenpool, and electra when she will work correctly

It was just 5k damage lol.. this was quite knowledgeable but she has no chance against an xbones.. He's the best skill champ and overall my top 10.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Karnak is worth of rank5 unless you have Gwenpool, Thor or Hyperion needing those t4cc. He's really strong, dealing insane damage and has some good utility against evaders and some else.

He makes RtL so damn easy, managed to clear last 4 quest just after i ranked him to 5. His L3 is not considered a debuff so you can use it on Immunity enemies and reduce by almost 100% their ability accuracy for all the fight. Awesome vs NC and Thanos bosses too.

Ps: I use LC build so he's also regaining 35 Hp per second instead of losing it
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    I have karnak as 5* and have been using him since the day he was released. Do not R5 him. He is very weak.

He has the LOWEST armor in the game: zero armor (even lower than rocket).
    His base crit rate is the LOWEST in the game. So you have to fight for 9 secs before you can get him focused and start getting crits.
    His base crit damage is among the lowest in the game. So even when he starts getting crits, they are puny crits.
    His signature ability is worthless.
    His passive ability against mutants is worthless.
    His sp1 does zero damage and makes him vulnerable to attack.

He has 0 armor like many others, but he has a base Physical resistance, making him more resistant than most champ with a base armor (obv except against energy attacks).

His crit rate reaches dim.return Cap after 9 seconds or using L1. Of course, if you get hit often you can't exploit this. You'd argue about StarLord being weak since he needs many combos to hit harder? I don't think so

Crit damage is below average but not the lowest. And since he does crit so often, on average he still inflict more damage than most champs, especially since his Base attack is above average.

His sig is useful, I run LC build and he regen more than Old Man Logan, and also reduce stuns/debuff durations by quite a chunk.

Apparently you don't know how to use his L1, if you just wait for his animation to finish it's obvious you're gonna get wasted, you have to dashback parry or mid animation, since it's allowed. And even if it does low damage, True Strike is so damn good, ignoring armor, resistances and evasion. Best counter to spiderman.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    Karnak is undoubtedly very underrated in my opinion, however rank 5 worthy... that's a push, I'm not saying he isn't but Daredevil classic, Elektra, Crossbones, Agent Venom and ok I'll admit it still Black Widow are all easier and just overall more fun to use. Karnak is very hard to use as you cant get hit because his focus will reset. I know that trolls on here will just tell me to get better but quite frankly I can do more with Elektra than I can Karnak. Prestige wise yes he is a beast but don't focus on that until you have good teams of more useful champs. The main argument offensively here is that he stops spideys evade, well Elektra and Black Widow do that without needing to spam specials that do little damage as well. I don't have Black Widow to know how she was effected by 12.0 and I don't have Crossbones to understand him as fully as possible. I agree that just because a champ isn't amazing from hits alone it doesn't mean they are useless and Karnak deffo has his uses but taking him to rank 5 changes nothing but prestige and that is hardly a massive deal.
  • Jaguaraci_SilvaJaguaraci_Silva Posts: 151
    Karnak is a spider killer. I have him on lvl 95 and it's defense too is such as safeguard. I think you need adjust your masteries before rank up him to r5.

It was just 5k damage lol.. this was quite knowledgeable but she has no chance against an xbones.. He's the best skill champ and overall my top 10.

So you say it was just 5k damages cause you don't know that gwenpool doesn't take damages from super powers, otherwise she'd be dead
  • RobojiniRobojini Posts: 30
    Karnak is as **** as any **** champ can..during rank down month I took him to rank 4 and took him back to rank 3 same day...
    Forget abt. Rank 5 he isn't worth rank 4 too
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    I'd say wait for 4/5* GP, or Electra/CB.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Karnak is total ****! I had him at R4 and even used an awakening gem and 37 sig stones and then took him down to R3 after seeing how bad he was. Yes he crits almost all the time but each hit at R4 deals between 500 - 800 damage which you can get that much damage on non crit hits with fury using champs. His specials also deal **** damage!
    I still regret using that awakening gem on him complete waste! Absolutely useless champ unless you go for prestige!
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

Karnak hits harder while focused. Karnak is a good champ and worth R5.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I recently got a karnak. I'm a fairly new player and have a rank 4 karnak was asking if he is good to take to rank 5 other than his high prestige. I also have a crossbones, quake and SL. Suggestions?
    mwgseiytq1vx.png

• PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122

I'd rather rank up champs which would have impact on the game, like Xbones, Quake, and SL. LOL

OP don't Listen to such ****
    Karnak is really good, sp1 and then no one can evade of active abilitys, when you are focuse you only do critical hit, which is basically during the whole fight

He actually doesn't 100% crit during focus anymore. Not since diminishing returns.

I think he's great. His armor rating is ****. I'd be weary about taking him to R5 though. I wouldn't call him a let down
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    with Karnak you can avoid getting hit and deal lots of damage by crit. OR dup a Star Lord and deal 10k damage with sp2
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 159
    I have Karnak 5* awakened. I actually completed one inside LoL path with him.
    He was amazing before diminishing returns and pure skill decline. He used to crit nine out of ten hits and his damage was really good.
    Now I ranked him down to rank 3, would never take him back to rank four. Crits now five or six times out of ten when focused. Other champs do the same thing without having to be "focused " and he doesn't hit hard anyway.

True strike really isn't all that great, it can be useful but remember it only effects passive evades so cosmic spidey (and I think Miles,) can still evade on him unless he dazes them. And daze is only 80% effective. His passive against mutants isn't worthwhile.

Unfortunately the update really hurt him badly. Don't waste your rank up on him.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017

And Phoenix Rank 4 takes 5 hits. And even if here sp3 does'n'y work on gwenpool, you hit her, Phoenix rank 4 crits at 3k.

That video shows how overwhelmingly bad phoenix is. It doesn't matter if you can jump to a sp3 when the champ can't hit hard. That might as well be like a party trick, something that makes you go "ohh shiny" but then has a pop like a half-deflated balloon. That phoenix is a 5/50, gwenpool has little to no defense and goes down like a fly on the wall. You could've picked almost any other champ in the game at 5/50 and would've taken that gwenpool down in sub 10 hits without even using specs. You will even take her down 5ish hits with karnak if you let the timer run out so he's in focused mode.

I'm not knocking on gwenpool either shes amazing for offense, but as an AI controlled champ against a player she's a joke in her defensive section.