**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How Come 6 star Version of a New Champ is Not Released the Same Time as a 5 star?

Judging by the new 6 star featured being release at the end of the month. Odin will not be released into the 6 star basic until fall of this year. But he will be in the 5 star basic much much earlier. How come the 6 star version of a champ is not released the same time as a 5 star? The 5 star gets released into the basic regardless of if he is in the current featured or not so why can't the 6 star?

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Because 6* are still far harder to acquire than a 5* over normal means. Perhaps if and when 7* are introduced and 6* become even easier to acquire, they'll decrease the time it takes to reach the basic pool.
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    6 stars are still made to be pretty difficult to get (you can't even rank 4 them yet because the resources haven't been released) so having a big pool of the newer characters available as six stars would completely diminish the purpose of 6 star rarity, that's why champs like apocalypse and CGR are so valuable; they are rare as heck
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    As we move onto solely focusing on 6 stars the game is going to become increasing boring with this cadence. I hope they figure out a way to balance new 6 star releases with their pocket books.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

As we move onto solely focusing on 6 stars the game is going to become increasing boring with this cadence. I hope they figure out a way to balance new 6 star releases with their pocket books.

Yeah this is where I'm at with it. New champs don't excite me anymore. Since I'm no longer opening cavs, and champs like Odin and Mangog look fun, I won't even have the chance to obtain them as 6* until end of September at the earliest.

• Options
    TheGrandM4sterTheGrandM4ster Posts: 42
    Etm34 said:

Yeah this is where I'm at with it. New champs don't excite me anymore. Since I'm no longer opening cavs, and champs like Odin and Mangog look fun, I won't even have the chance to obtain them as 6* until end of September at the earliest.

Yeah, I totally agree. It is kind of crazy that we have to wait until the end of the year to get a champion who came out towards the beginning of the year. That is unless you pay a premium in cavs or featured crystals. Hopefully the cadence of 6 star releases will happen much faster soon.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Agreed. I really want Odin for his Crossfight ability, but I am no longer investing in five stars (other than a few unique exceptions). So I can either wait until September to go for him in the featured or shell out a bunch of units/cash to try and get him in cavs. Neither of those sound appealing to me because I don't want to wait until September and I can't afford to spend more on the game, especially for a gamble. Therefore, I won't bother getting excited about him. It's been like this for a few months now. Why should I care about new champs if I won't be able to get them at a relevant star level for several months? I don't, so I will just focus on my existing roster.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★

Etm34 said:

Agreed. I really want Odin for his Crossfight ability, but I am no longer investing in five stars (other than a few unique exceptions). So I can either wait until September to go for him in the featured or shell out a bunch of units/cash to try and get him in cavs. Neither of those sound appealing to me because I don't want to wait until September and I can't afford to spend more on the game, especially for a gamble. Therefore, I won't bother getting excited about him. It's been like this for a few months now. Why should I care about new champs if I won't be able to get them at a relevant star level for several months? I don't, so I will just focus on my existing roster.
    Thing is if they changed it then players at the higher end of the game (such as yourself) won’t get the kind of thrill you get hunting that champion from featured crystals. I’m looking for a 5* Apoc as I have rank ups gems etc for him and I like the thrill of the chase if you will. It’s more fun to aim for featured crystals than to just be able to buy a bunch of basics and get him through there (of course with the 5* that’s an option but the featured is good and it has better odds).

I mean maybe it’s different to you and you’d prefer to just be able to get the champion easily but if you open a lot of 6*s anyways, you’d be better off going for the featured as it will have better odds and if you are a late game account you’ll be opening 6*s left right and centre. You might have to wait for Odin to get to the featured but now think of it as something to save for, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will. As opposed to just the repetitive pattern of:

Open crystal
    Get champion
    Good champion —> rank up
    Bad champion —> ignore forever

You get a direction with the account.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Etm34 said:

Thing is if they changed it then players at the higher end of the game (such as yourself) won’t get the kind of thrill you get hunting that champion from featured crystals. I’m looking for a 5* Apoc as I have rank ups gems etc for him and I like the thrill of the chase if you will. It’s more fun to aim for featured crystals than to just be able to buy a bunch of basics and get him through there (of course with the 5* that’s an option but the featured is good and it has better odds).

I mean maybe it’s different to you and you’d prefer to just be able to get the champion easily but if you open a lot of 6*s anyways, you’d be better off going for the featured as it will have better odds and if you are a late game account you’ll be opening 6*s left right and centre. You might have to wait for Odin to get to the featured but now think of it as something to save for, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will. As opposed to just the repetitive pattern of:

Open crystal
    Get champion
    Good champion —> rank up
    Bad champion —> ignore forever

You get a direction with the account.
    Except there is no thrill associated with hunting a champion anymore, for me at least. Once you get a large enough roster (like mine and I doubt I even crack the top 10% of large rosters), you eventually stop getting excited about opening crystal because you have a counter for everything in the game. There's nothing about Odin that I actually *need*, not even his Crossfight.
    Shock resistance? It's cool, but if I really needed a shock-immune/resistant champ, I'll use Doom, Surfer, Captain Sparkles, Thing, Magneto, Ghost, or Havok.
    Indefinite Aptitude Buff? Again, it's cool, but it's not needed. 15% more potency is nice, but realistically, the only reason I'd use it (and the only reason why I want it) is to get just a little more damage out of Ghost for Legends run.
    Protection? Actually useless because the only time I'd need protection would be if I'm trying to tank an Sp3 and this Protection doesn't interact with Sp3s. So, if I need to tank an Sp3, I'd just use Ghost with Hood or Sym.