Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Can people stop saying they only fix things that benefit Players? You do realize they design the entire game right? That's the epitome of benefitting Players in that example. They're not picking and choosing bugs to fix. It just so happens that people consider anything imbalanced or game breaking as a benefit.

Nothing about Hoods regen was game breaking.
    It was overly-powerful. That much was clear enough for people to question it enough to come to the Forum and ask.
    Not really, it was the only thing saving the update. Without it Hood has no redeeming qualities now. Both sides now hate the changes.
    There's a difference between game balance and popularity. Asking 100 people what they WANT to see, at least 90 are going to say more.
    Nothing about Hoods regen affected game balance though. The game wouldn’t have been wrecked to keep it exactly the same. I’m confident 25 champions at least have way more impact on the contest than his regen. Wolverine needs his regen nerfed into the ground then. With apocalypse he easily outdamages A fixed Hood who can’t generate bullets on call. The next fix.
    You think the goal of these revisions is to make them all God Tier?
    Where did I say even a pre-fix Hood was a God?
    I'm displaying a point. Everyone seems to be the foremost expert on what's too powerful and what isn't, but people don't look past the layers of one Ability, much less the whole kit, or even the entire game. It was more than the intended goal for him. The idea with these is to bring the lower somewhere closer to the middle. At least from what I've seen. Not to make older Champs the next best thing. As much as people hold out hope that older Champs will become that much greater, no company is going to reasonably buff the older material to be as appealing as the new additions. That would be counterproductive.
    Sometimes I question your ability to read because literally everyone in this discussion except for you and @Texas_11 is in agreement that the Hood did not need a new kit. His old kit was jampacked with utility, he did not need an overhaul of his abilities to "bring the lower somewhere closer to the middle".

I promise you, most of us have looked through his kit and it's undeniable that the removal of fate seal, among other changes (reduced stagger duration, can't refresh staggers shocks fate seal on heavy, different invisibility mechanic, etc.), make him a completely different champion. If this update was given to a champion like Diablo, great. We would have all rejoiced that a terrible champion got an overhaul to his old, bad kit. The Hood did not have an old, bad kit however, as he clearly had his high level uses in this game with his impressive fate seal and buff control.

I would ask you the question of "How would you feel if your favorite champion, who was completely usable, had a whole redesign out of the blue?", but then again, it seems you never care to sympathize with others, so why would you care?
    Would I like it? No. Would I get over it? Sure.
    You still haven't gotten over war matchmaking

And there's nothing wrong in that either.
    eh idk about that. My friends alliance got paired with their feeder alliance and destroyed them
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 32
    Bookmarked this thread to wait for 48h to see what they are going to do.
  • ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 900 ★★★★
    neb said:

I’m glad player friendly “bugs” are still immediately fixable. How many months for that omega spore bug to get fixed?

To be fair, a bug like that is incredibly dangerous because people start making rank-up decisions based on a broken mechanic. Bugs like that should be fixed immediately to protect people who might not be on the forums or Reddit every day, only knowing Hood was “buffed” but not knowing how bugged he is.

I’m not a happy camper right now, but credit where credit is due and all that.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 521 ★★★
    I'm quite, or actually very, surprised by the number comments and input on a Hood topic.
    I didn't realise he was utilised by anyone, certainly not to the extent for so many people to care about the changes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    edited March 3

I'm quite, or actually very, surprised by the number comments and input on a Hood topic.
    I didn't realise he was utilised by anyone, certainly not to the extent for so many people to care about the changes.

Well I believe it has less to do with Hood and more to do with the method of removing something that people have come to depend on him for, in place of a rework. I'm with you. Mine never gets touched. However, apparently those who use him, use him mainly for that Ability. There's also a concern of a precedence. That's the argument in a nutshell. I'm curious myself how they came to that decision.
    The rest I don't agree with. Giving him the Fate Seal AND the Damage AND the unintended Regen is just too extra.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    They need to add something like the previous regen back to hood and add a fate seal to the sp2 + refresh on heavy.
  • Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 2,754 ★★★★
    edited March 3
    Guys some people have now ranked up the new hood based on new abilities so say bye bye to the old one they are definitely not gonna be reverting him back unfortunately
    that said the only things happening I can see is
    1) they ignore us
    2) they give RDTs
    thats it,
    I dont like any option tbh
    I just want a clarification of what's gonna happen from here on out. Should we expect that any ability can change on any character?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

BeroMan said:

During the Hood's "buff", Kabam decided to remove one of the core (signature) ability from the champion. I personally was okay with it because of the increased damage, 100% miss mechanic and sustainability with suicides. All of that overshadowed the nerfing aspect for me... But now You gonna nerf his regen? That's was one of the main thing why he was so exiting after the update, especially after losing one of his main ability...I just tested him against Abyss Medusa and his nullifying abilities no longer can handle her. She autoblocks him almost all the time and build-ups her furies very often. But still, because of damage and suicides compatibility, I still was happy about changes.. Now it's getting a mess.

@Worknprogress this what you were talking about right?
    Which part? The crying about the regen fix or his buff management being awful now? Bc it's yes to both pretty much.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 1,893 ★★★★★

There's a way you can hit hood even while he's invisible. So does that mean Rogue can steal his invisibility buff and become invisible herself!?!?

She can steal it, but I don't think it will work for her. Kind of like ice armor from iceman, you can steal the buff, but it does not mean your damage is capped at 5%.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Hood is really good against The Champion fight, it would be terrible to weaken the ability that makes him so valuable in that fight
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

BeroMan said:

During the Hood's "buff", Kabam decided to remove one of the core (signature) ability from the champion. I personally was okay with it because of the increased damage, 100% miss mechanic and sustainability with suicides. All of that overshadowed the nerfing aspect for me... But now You gonna nerf his regen? That's was one of the main thing why he was so exiting after the update, especially after losing one of his main ability...I just tested him against Abyss Medusa and his nullifying abilities no longer can handle her. She autoblocks him almost all the time and build-ups her furies very often. But still, because of damage and suicides compatibility, I still was happy about changes.. Now it's getting a mess.

@Worknprogress this what you were talking about right?
    Which part? The crying about the regen fix or his buff management being awful now? Bc it's yes to both pretty much.
    Yeah." I'm willing to overlook the nerf to fate seal becuase damage but pls don't nerf regen"
    Ah, yes. Irks me pretty badly
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 107
    Not gonna lie, I would rather have the nice regen vs the fate seal. What are the chances we can get a do over?
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 144 ★★
    I actually like the hood changes. I completely agree he lost what made him Hood before, but since I hated his kit before I like what he’s got going on now.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,339 Guardian

Are we really going to have to wait around for weeks before they make a decision, this kind of stuff just creates a toxic environment within the community.

I suspect that will not be the case here.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 744 ★★★
    Again, where is the rank down ticket?
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 243
    To be honest, very stupid mechanic, so you steal opponnets health when your staggers expires at full duration ( 5 sec ) or nullifies a buff, against champions who do not receive buffs your staggers will never expire because every crit in your combo " refresh /reapply ' the stagger except that you place a stagger than you wait 5 sec.
    If he stacked staggers at least 2-3 then maybe it would make sense

• AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 243
    Or maybe, if he couldn't place a stagger from crit hits if the opponent has already a stagger ( for ex: omega red heavy attack degen ) but in this case your staggers will be less effective if you need to wait 5 sec to place a new stagger