**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time attack and server downtime.

So I have submitted three help tickets on this issue and gotten the exact same response each time.

“Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Kabam Support, and we hope you’re doing well today.

As you are likely aware, from time to time every online game does need to come down for maintenance, in order to update portions of the game or to correct any issues within the game. There were some issues recently with The Contest of Champions which forced us to take the servers down for some time. The game needed to come down immediately in order to prevent any potentially larger issues that may have occurred. This is never a decision made lightly- we are aware of the impact that bringing the game servers down can have, and the frustration that it causes everyone. We realize that some players’ time in The Contest is limited, and all players’ time is important.

We apologize for this affecting you adversely, as it was never our intent to upset anyone with this. We simply wanted to make sure that the game continues to run as best as it can. Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.

Thank you for your patience during this downtime, and for your help in bringing this to our attention. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by what happened and we are endeavouring to prevent any issues like this from occurring again. That said, we hope that you have a great rest of your day in The Contest!

Best regards, ?
Kabam Support

ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1QqUQP:ref
ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1QqUQP:ref“

Can someone or a mod explain to me why I cannot get a straight answer.

The question I asked was :

How will server down time be calculated into time attack run? I personally was unable to login for 25 mins while the contest was down. Just wanted to know if it would be calculated in or if I will simply be screwed.

Thanks in advance. And let’s try to keep it positive as I am not complaining if I miss out, just wondering if this the support we will come to expect as the contest moves forward.

Comments

• lol, you will get banned for posting convo b/w you and support.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you just look on the first page of the forums, you will find several posts where Mike has addressed this
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also, why didn’t you wait and watch videos of the quest before doing a run so that you m ow what to expect on every node?
  • DarkCloud1961DarkCloud1961 Posts: 11
    This is a generic response from support. Not a conversation between us. I read the rules prior to posting.
  • DarkCloud1961DarkCloud1961 Posts: 11
    If it does violate rules, then it deserves to be taken down and I apologize
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Or you could actually just....read the post where this exact question is addressed
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    danielmath wrote: »
    Or you could actually just....read the post where this exact question is addressed

Along with your smartass comment you could have posted said link.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »

Why? If OP doesn't care that he's cluttering the forum with a common sense question that's already been answered, helping him only encourages that behavior.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    @danielmath
    That way you can show him how ignorant he is by posting what has already been answered. I've "glanced" all over the forums and cant find the answer you speak of. I know it's here somewhere but I don't see it.
  • PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    Rednick69 wrote: »

Why? If OP doesn't care that he's cluttering the forum with a common sense question that's already been answered, helping him only encourages that behavior.

The question is why do you care if the forum is cluttered? If you’re looking for something particular. Use the search feature. Complaining people clutter the forums w useless posts is like complaining that the sun is too bright. Always going to be that way and nothing you can do about it. You probably just need to find something to do.

And op, I have heard of instances in the past where situations like yours were rectified in the players favor. I would send a pm to Kabam mike or adora. Hope for the best. Otherwise, there’s always next month.