**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Looking for Mass Opinions on AW Changes (Poll)...

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Looking to get at least 100 responses to this if possible. I've had discussions about this with people both here on the forums, and on youtube chats... I am hoping a large scale poll will do more to help the community. I am going to try to give all the opinions I have been hearing across the board... see where people really are on this. Please keep it constructive.

Looking for Mass Opinions on AW Changes (Poll)... 197 votes

The New AW Buffs Are Good, No More Changes Are Needed
4%
GroundedWisdomDL864Haji_SaabObiwancannoliDropfaithMasterTroller421haunted_memoryFluffyTriplebotham 9 votes
Bring Back the Old AW, Scrap the New Map and System
16%
NevvBRagamugginGunnerDrOctavius2_2Willjackson16DJSergySpity68DukeSaiyanFabiusBRMidnightfoxHell_GoliathDrenlinHeroBoltsySpeedbumpjp2835BravOSky_kittyThe_flash007Darkrider05R4GE 32 votes
Leave the New System in Place, Bring Back old AW Map
3%
ElblaggaKruggbigmull1Mrbeast6000Pizzabeatdolann__edder123 7 votes
Leave the New System / Map in Place, Leave Scoring System in Place, Add in Defender Kills
50%
Madman_marvinEtaki_LirakoiDNA3000tlhJiggycg999Legendary_GattoNMEONESGKaineCrys23Qu1ckshoT32_GamingShrimkinsVinCastlevd016EvilEmpireWhiteBishopBurnsey47xVxNotoRiouSxVxDrakon56FuzzylumpsMegaSkater67 99 votes
Scrap Defender Rating as a Point Value, Replace with Defender Kills
22%
Voluntarisctp1223WolfeRektorhurricantdanielmathFroJo34CableRandomlyGeneratedHarcourtmazeKML15Hulk_77drowsyhero34xNigJRock808Goken2345MillybearWOKSea_Scorpion10XHans_GruberX 45 votes
Leave New System in Place, Buff Nodes Further
2%
Gimli_SoGAakashDhruvgtuposacpGreatness_12 5 votes
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    Leave the New System / Map in Place, Leave Scoring System in Place, Add in Defender Kills
    I personally voted for leaving the system in place and adding in Def Kills.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Not a fan of diversity. Feel I no longer have control of my own rank up options.
    R4GE wrote: »
    Not a fan of diversity. Feel I no longer have control of my own rank up options.

Diversity is something we know isn't going anywhere frustratingly.
  • Scrap Defender Rating as a Point Value, Replace with Defender Kills
    Current aw is a joke. It has to be fixed
    edited October 2017
    UPDATE: I have been in contact with a forum mod.. they have assured me this poll WILL NOT BE PULLED. Please vote if you can!

The only request I got from the mod is that everyone please stay on topic and do not be negative if possible. As long as we keep it clean this poll will remain.. vote away guys.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Option 7: I'm so tired of changes that I don't give a damn anymore.

Diversity is BS: after spending ton of time and resources upgrading champs I needed, now we have to use stupid champs.
    edited October 2017
    Badrose wrote: »
    Option 7: I'm so tired of changes that I don't give a damn anymore.

Diversity is BS: after spending ton of time and resources upgrading champs I needed, now we have to use stupid champs.

I appreciate your frustration but this is the kind of non-constructive stuff they don't want to hear. I tried to include all opinions in my poll.
  • Scrap Defender Rating as a Point Value, Replace with Defender Kills
    I know what can be done...

Introduce a RUSH MODE:
    - Kabam can charge each member what it's currently costing us to switch masteries and buy the boosts (around 650 units per war)
    - Have us place dummy defense teams with diversity in mind
    - Actually calculate defender rating based on base rating without the boost/masteries
    - The winner would be decided as soon as attack phase starts solely based on defender rating

That way we wouldn't be wasting our time actually fighting in war and still get the occasional rewards.
    That's how idiotic the current system is.
    I know what can be done...

Introduce a RUSH MODE:
    - Kabam can charge each member what it's currently costing us to switch masteries and buy the boosts (around 650 units per war)
    - Have us place dummy defense teams with diversity in mind
    - Actually calculate defender rating based on base rating without the boost/masteries
    - The winner would be decided as soon as attack phase starts solely based on defender rating

That way we wouldn't be wasting our time actually fighting in war and still get the occasional rewards.
    That's how idiotic the current system is.

this sounds like something completely different than war lol
  • Bernie1108Bernie1108 Posts: 61
    I like the new setup. But for diversity to really work some champs will eventually need to be buffed. Some of them are really not worth the resources to rank up. Specially with 6* coming it would be a total waste. Sorry going off topic... lol
  • OgreslayrOgreslayr Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    iMac has made a great discussion point here guys and gals. The current amalgamation made by the Kabam team has left many wanting more in some areas and less in others. Change happens and we need to be constructive to help out instead of tear down everything that comes our way. Do we like some of the changes? Not always(no one mention the great nerf of 2017 or the consistent “bugs”) but many of us have been playing for years and what iMac has done is to help us tell the program team what we would potentially like to see. Well done IMac!
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    I like the newly boosted nodes, our last war no team made 100percent,we actually lost cos of exploration. But putting defender kills will make scoring even better
    Up to 38 votes less than 2 hours in.. keep it up guys! Hopefully they will be watching.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    They're in a tough spot. IMO, they're holding onto a terrible mechanic in diversity so hard, that they've added a bunch of BS nodes. If they scrap diversity, they're going to have to scrap the new nodes as well, which i doubt they'd do (admit that the past month has been a huge mistake and a waste of time). Dropping diversity and keeping this map would be awful and cause them so much hate from the players.

The answer is pretty simple. Go back to the last map nodes they used but with the 14.0 scoring system and fix dexterity.
    I really had to select the first option because that's about as close to my opinion as possible, but I must make an addendum. I wouldn't say that no more changes are needed. I would say if further adjustments need to be made that would be plausible. I would not endorse the return of Defender Kills. For many reasons, both in terms of the previous issues and what is coming in the future. I have no issues with the new Map so that's a non-issue for me.

Could you go into depth on why you don't want defender kills to return? Do you believe it's fair that defender rating determines the outcome of a war before it even starts? Please be as direct as possible if you can.
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Up to 38 votes less than 2 hours in.. keep it up guys! Hopefully they will be watching.

With the new nodes there are like 5+ unblockable L2s, 2-4 unblockable L1s, 2-4 stun immunes then all the Bane, Spite and other nodes. With those nodes and defender kills people would just load up on god tier defenders and it'll be miserable.
    I really had to select the first option because that's about as close to my opinion as possible, but I must make an addendum. I wouldn't say that no more changes are needed. I would say if further adjustments need to be made that would be plausible. I would not endorse the return of Defender Kills. For many reasons, both in terms of the previous issues and what is coming in the future. I have no issues with the new Map so that's a non-issue for me.

Could you go into depth on why you don't want defender kills to return? Do you believe it's fair that defender rating determines the outcome of a war before it even starts? Please be as direct as possible if you can.

No, don't start that debate. You just put your own thread on track for derailment. Theres another thread for that nonsense

With the new nodes there are like 5+ unblockable L2s, 2-4 unblockable L1s, 2-4 stun immunes then all the Bane, Spite and other nodes. With those nodes and defender kills people would just load up on god tier defenders and it'll be miserable.

the point of keeping both diversity and defender kills is exactly for that. Ally's would have to choose between diversity / rating and kills. Would force a lot more strategy / skill over pure ally rating.
    edited October 2017

What tier are you in? Just about everyone in the top few tiers want defender kills back, so that may be a reason for your thoughts on the subject.

Of course they could have different scoring for different tiers, but that would make too much sense.

No, don't start that debate. You just put your own thread on track for derailment. Theres another thread for that nonsense

No need to start any "non sense" as long as people post on topic, constructive comments we should be fine. Don't start any insinuations if possible.
    edited October 2017

No need to start any "non sense" as long as people post on topic, constructive comments we should be fine. Don't start any insinuations if possible.

Theres 90 pages of the exact same thing on the discussion thread. 10 minutes ago this thread made more sense. Now its exactly the same as that thread that holds little value, with the addition of a poll. -smh-

Theres 90 pages of the exact same thing on the discussion thread. 10 minutes ago this thread made more sense. Now its exactly the same as that thread would holds little value, with the addition of a poll. -smh-

The point of the thread is to gather all opinions on the current state of war and do it in a mass public way. Addressing specific aspects of AW is exactly what the thread is about my friend.
    edited October 2017

the point of keeping both diversity and defender kills is exactly for that. Ally's would have to choose between diversity / rating and kills. Would force a lot more strategy / skill over pure ally rating.

If they wend back to last week's nodes I'be all for both. There is just too much garbage with the new nodes.

If they wend back to last week's nodes I'be all for both. There is just too much garbage with the new nodes.

I tend to agree on that.. however they were supposed to add in flare node(s?) from the beginning and seemingly forgot to do so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Not really. I've expressed my thoughts enough in the War Thread. I voted in the Poll and expressed my views. There is another Thread for that.

Not really. I've expressed my thoughts enough in the War Thread. I voted in the Poll and expressed my views. There is another Thread for that.

fair enough.. trying to gather as many diverse opinions as possible.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

fair enough.. trying to gather as many diverse opinions as possible.

No worries. I would elaborate but I don't want to let it spin off. Just trying to keep the Thread on track. :)
    50 votes in and over 80% want some form of defender kills brought back. Worth noting.. please vote if you have not yet.