**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How different would the Contest be if Thor was never nerfed?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
This not asking for them to revert him because he was so broken before I just want to know how different the contest would be if he was still OP because he used to be able to take down ROL Winter Soldier in 9 hits.

How different would the Contest be if Thor was never nerfed? 122 votes

The Contest would be very different
29%
TheTAbyssLvernon15StevenDoran7WorknprogressRbk19RasiloverJuggerNotVoltolosRockyshockyRookiie_Sham_SparrowNittgsil6374Hera1d_of_Ga1actusYcatsEdwxnBOLMETEUSKillswitch01H3t3rslacker 36 votes
The Contest would be a little different but not too much
42%
LuciusVorenusTristanPugpoliceDarkrider05Furious_Fighter1CupidEch238Grootman1294shadow_lurker22Jedi_HawkeKDSuperFlash10Zeronaut81TheKillerSporkDenzel116ThatOneMasterGamerCaptain_Pug30Kill_GreyMobile_P0tat0DynastyGreekhit 52 votes
It would not be different
27%
MagicBentonmostlyharmlessnVceeWakandas_FinestJwallace25XxicylovexXnameplasShadowstrikeCassyMenkentWarlord5386JakearoundZuko_ILCRaichu626TheAngryOneAleorWine_Loverbrahimpi99StarshipHULKgp87 34 votes

Comments

• PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    What's the change now???
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Thor would be pretty op, but not game changing I believe
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Prathap said:

What's the change now???

Pre 12.0
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Can't remember how good Thor was but wasn't it something along the lines of what cgr is now.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Can't remember how good Thor was but wasn't it something along the lines of what cgr is now.

Better look at the post above
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Thor was the 1st true God Tier champion. No synergies needed.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    3 parries per champ in Act 7
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Imagine pre nerf Thor in incursions with armor break enhancements

Oh gosh that would be so fun
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Zan0 said:

Well he wouldn't be as good now even if they took his nerf away since he heavily relied on armour being able to go negative.

---

Now that I've thought more about it. It literally wouldn't change him at all if he could stack more then 2 armour breaks. At sig 200 he lowers armour by over 4400 per armour break. And dr doom who is an armour only has 2000 armour

Also: armour can go negative:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/236195/bug-fix-negative-armor-and-resistances#latest

Armour never stopped being able to go negative. They planned to do that, at the same time they planned to give every champ critical resistance, block penetration and so on. Everything was rolled back; but for some reason everyone had the impression that the armour not being able to go negative had stuck.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99365/i-think-that-negative-armour-is-real#latest
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I'd have a field day with stun immune champs...
    My reparries are on point
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I'd have a field day with stun immune champs...
    My reparries are on point

Na, you need to actually place a stun debuff on the opponents for the Armor breaks.
    Sorry I assumed well timed blocks inflicted armour breaks not stuns
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’m not too sure - it’s food for thort

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

SWORD78 said:

This not asking for them to revert him because he was so broken before I just want to know how different the contest would be if he was still OP because he used to be able to take down ROL Winter Soldier in 9 hits.

Completely bonkers, because most people are still unaware of the fact that the biggest change to Thor post 12.0 was had nothing to do with any specific change to Thor. If you reverted Thor to his pre 12.0 state today, he's still be unable to replicate his 11.0 feats. The biggest change in 12.0 that affected Thor was a complete change to how the armor break mechanic worked. Armor break in 11.0 stacked multiplicatively. In other words, if you applied a -100% armor break your damage would double. If you applied another -100% armor break, your damage would double again. Six such armor breaks would increase your damage by a factor of 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 64, or to put it another way, your damage would increase by +6300%. Today, when you stack six -100% armor breaks you end up at -600% armor break.

And you can't even really deal a -100% armor break as that is not possible in the flat stats system. Today, I believe a -2000 armor break roughly doubles damage. If you stack six of those, you end up at about 6x damage. Which is great, Cosmic Ghost Rider does very well with much less. But this is one tenth the damage output that comparable armor breaks would have done in 11.0, which is how OG Thor was able to reach the levels of damage he did prior to 12.0.

In a world where Thor's armor breaks still worked the same way, and by extension so did everyone else's, it is impossible to say how different the game would be today, except to say it would be totally different.
    Was 12.0 the introduction for diminishing returns to stats as well?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

Imagine pre nerf Thor in incursions with armor break enhancements

You'd have to revert armor break back to 11.0 for that to happen as well like DNA3000 said. Even with those incursion abilities, he still wouldn't be what he was in 11.0.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Yeah, it wasn't just the change to Thor. The game system changed. As the game is now, Thor would be better, but he wouldn't be game breaking.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 beat me too it. Challenger rating and diminishing returns effected the old god tier champs more than their actual nerds. Except BW that ability accuracy nerf broke my heart
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    If he was somehow in his pre 12.0 state now, I'd reckon he would be the best champion ingame. He has been released as a 5* and the ability to get possibly get more than CGR level damage in a few parriess is nuts. He would probably be able to outdamage bleed, poison, energy adoption nodes before actually getting hurt by them and would probably destroy most bosses before their abilities even properly trigger.