**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GoldBlum Dr. Strange proves luck is the basis of this game - not skill

This game is supposed to be about ranking champs you like because all champs are supposed to be useful correct? With that theory I have a quest team that I ranked on personal preference of who I like to fight with.

My quest team rating is 29,452. Clearly higher than the recommended team rating of 23,000 for the last part of goldBlum. Should have no problems right?

I went for the last path, path F just to complete it and go back later for 100%. Got to Dr. Strange with all guys full health because I have decent skills. I get destroyed by Strange. Why? Because there is absolutely no skill involved. He gets to his first special so the baiting starts because his 2nd special is unblockable. Problem is if you aren't lucky enough for him to spam his sp1 over and over as soon as he gets it you end up getting smoked because his power bars continue to fill and you just get destroyed by the degeneration and brute force buffswl while you are baiting. All he has to do is get to his sp2 one time in the fight and you are done because it heal blocks you. So there is no skill there. It's just luck if he fires off his sp1 as a soon as he gets it for the entire fight - which is unlikely based on how long the fight is.

Soooo I already know what the automatic response is from the forum members. Bring a power control champ. Well I do have Winter Soldier in my lineup and his power control is awesome but somewhat unpredictable. I shouldn't have to replace one of my favorite champs for a lower ranked power control champ because that doesn't allow me to bring who I want and win with skill right?

Even if you have a power control champ like magik or vision Aou it still proves that this game is luck - lucky enough to have a high rated power control champ - and don't tell me it takes skill to spam power control.

Comments

• AvoabbasAvoabbas Posts: 40
    Strange isn’t that difficult. Although he may be a pain in the ass at times, he’s very easy to bait. You have to be patient and not attack immediately right after he fires his L1. You just gotta bait. I managed do not use a single revive or potion since we always get health when we attack.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Man, go back go the drawing board as to how you take on Dr. Strange. He's a massive pain but he's very beatable. Basically any power control champ will do, and learn to evade his L2 when if happens. But I use dormammu and Hood, and it's over. I don't have to worry about getting hit while Hood is invisible, and I don't worry about Strange's Specials with Dormmamu.

But any time people say a fight is a matter of luck and not skill, and then describe exactly how they lack skill need a life coach.
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    You just have to get more practice in evading his specials, they are easy after you get used to them. These latest 2 challenges are more of a money grab than anything. 4 and 5 in goldblum challenges has the opponents with ridiculous amounts of buffs that take health even if you dont get hit, plus every new champ is coming to the game with extremely long specials.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Yeah either get him to spam that L1, dont try to attack him unless you evade it really clean and arent too far from him. If you can evade the first part of his L2, you can block the rest.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Magik FTW
  • MidnightMidnight Posts: 7
    My first time through strange was aggravating even using magik. Brought a pretty week undupped Hawkeye. And 300+ hit streak with no baiting or really even a struggle to build power after the first three power drains. It's crazy how he can be an absolute pain and then use the right guy and he becomes the absolute easiest in the whole dang thing
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Dr. Strange is not even close to a tough champ in the game.
    Just be super aggressive with him, the whole baiting thing on him is overrated. he gains power at a steady rate now matter how much you beat on him. So just back him into a corner eventually he will start spamming l1 to get out. done. Solo'd the whole route all paths chained together with out 1 revive. goldblum was so easy, Star Lord . . done. life steal made it so simple.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    You do realize that you can evade his SP2 right? Skill is most definitely a factor. There are so many bs fights in this game that rely on luck (or having a big item stash), but this is not one of them.
  • DrikinhooDrikinhoo Posts: 21
    This game is supposed to be about ranking champs you like because all champs are supposed to be useful correct? With that theory I have a quest team that I ranked on personal preference of who I like to fight with.

My quest team rating is 29,452. Clearly higher than the recommended team rating of 23,000 for the last part of goldBlum. Should have no problems right?

I went for the last path, path F just to complete it and go back later for 100%. Got to Dr. Strange with all guys full health because I have decent skills. I get destroyed by Strange. Why? Because there is absolutely no skill involved. He gets to his first special so the baiting starts because his 2nd special is unblockable. Problem is if you aren't lucky enough for him to spam his sp1 over and over as soon as he gets it you end up getting smoked because his power bars continue to fill and you just get destroyed by the degeneration and brute force buffswl while you are baiting. All he has to do is get to his sp2 one time in the fight and you are done because it heal blocks you. So there is no skill there. It's just luck if he fires off his sp1 as a soon as he gets it for the entire fight - which is unlikely based on how long the fight is.

Soooo I already know what the automatic response is from the forum members. Bring a power control champ. Well I do have Winter Soldier in my lineup and his power control is awesome but somewhat unpredictable. I shouldn't have to replace one of my favorite champs for a lower ranked power control champ because that doesn't allow me to bring who I want and win with skill right?

Even if you have a power control champ like magik or vision Aou it still proves that this game is luck - lucky enough to have a high rated power control champ - and don't tell me it takes skill to spam power control.

Strange sp2 is unblockable but it is 100% evadable. You have skills. You should have no problem evading it.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Sorry but things should be a easy if your team rating exceeds the recommended team rating - and that's with any champs.

Strongly disagree. There should be skill involved. No participation trophies.

So where is the line drawn for you on this? Clearly you cannot possible disagree that if I bring my 29k team to beginner I will need no skill because the recommended team rating is like 350. So where does that stop then????

if you have put in enough work or been lucky enough to meet or exceed the recommended team rating then how can you possibly disagree that it should be easy?? Isn't that the point??

They beta tested the quest and figured the recommended team rating based on what it would take to complete it right?? Right?? Otherwise what is the point if the recommended rating?? Is that an arbitrary number?? Lol. Your thinking makes me think you are clueless or the developers are clueless
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Had to reply to this.... this quest was by far the easiest thing I have ever seen... life steal is a joke that allows people to survive who would otherwise die. I did the whole thing (in a single go) just using for 4* SL... did not even need to bother with the 5* champs. Last quest takes about 35 mins, is basically free rewards
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★

Sorry I don't base my life around MCOC. I'm not going to spend hours studying opponents and doing trial and error or watching you tube videos. This is a post for average players and I'm hoping that devs will actually take a look at this particular tile. It's pretty ridiculous considering it's actually harder than the boss tile lol. Sorry but things should be a easy if your team rating exceeds the recommended team rating - and that's with any champs.

Just one word - LOL. (Not labyrinth LoL, just simple LOL)

1) This game is about ranking champions you like, but only AFTER you have ranked the champs that you NEED for end-game stuff. If you want to play casually, rank up your Lukes and Kamalas, do heroic every month, maybe Act 4 and little bit of arena and just chill. If you want to do other stuff, rank up useful champs.

2) Quest rating ? REALLY !!? That thing is as useless as Spider-Gwen's L1. Like RoL shows required rating of 9,999,999,999. So by your logic no one should be able to do RoL, right? While there are hundreds of people who have even 100% the LoL.

3) Reaching DS with full health on all champs? Well LIFE STEAL, of course you're gonna have full health, nothing special.

4) You don't want to bring power drain champs. You don't want to learn to dodge his L2 special.
    (''Doctor, I've come to bargain, Please keep on spamming SP1s for me''. Maybe that'll work for you lol)
    It literally takes 4-5 minutes to watch a video on how to dodge his specials, not 'hours'.

5) Again, you wanna do it with the champions you like? Do chapters 1-3.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Maybe your interpretation of suggested rating is wrong. Maybe they suggest the minimum rating for a certain teams of champs for you to bring.

But really, honestly, we know that's not true. People are beating the challenge without using OG DD or Hood against Strange. That's because people are evading his L2.

You're stuck on the whole suggested team rating thing and really you should be focusing on evading his SP2 (your skills) or bringing champs that will allow you to beat him without much skill (OG DD, for example)
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    This has always been my biggest complaint about this game. It isn’t really luck. It’s random number generators (RNGs). I have never seen a game so dependent on them. It skews the game heavily away from being about skill. I have had battles that have been over in seconds because I stack so many bleeds. I have fought the same battle with the same champions and not stacked a single bleed the entire time. I am not doing anything differently to cause this behavior. I have the same problem with other buffs or debuffs that I am trying to stack. It doesn’t matter what my skill level is. I am at the mercy of the RNG. To me, this is a very bad way to design a game.

Even with mechanics that are skill based, it isn’t the same for everyone. I suffer from a lot of the input problems that there have been many topics about. My dash-backs and blocks can be just slightly delayed, which is enough for the AI to take advantage. Baiting out a special or evading an unblockable special is an extra dangerous task for me.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    You just have to get more practice in evading his specials, they are easy after you get used to them. These latest 2 challenges are more of a money grab than anything. 4 and 5 in goldblum challenges has the opponents with ridiculous amounts of buffs that take health even if you dont get hit, plus every new champ is coming to the game with extremely long specials.

Money grab? A majority of the community walked straight through this challenge without using any potions or revives lol. It’s was 10x easier than webslinger and webslinger was REAL easy lol

Money grab?? LOL!! Life transfer makes this easy and you can run one line at a time. Bautista challenge was soo much harder than this and webslinger event. You had to run every line and they all had spite.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    there are so many power control champs in the game now surely you can rank up just one of them high enough for content like this.. besides even without a power control champ strange isn't that hard.. he takes forever and a day to get to his special 2.. using someone like star lord probably get a bunch of smacks in before he gets there.. plus his special 2 can be evaded so idk man maybe you aren't far enough along for content like this I know when the chloe challenge or whatever it was called it was very difficult for me to complete it without certain champs but now they are a breeze and I can bust through this content with no units or items being used so just keep making your account better and I suggest ranking up certain champs for certain situations like this to make it easier on yourself.. power control champ, immune champ, boss killing champ, regen champ, etc.etc.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I don't get the complaining here.

If you need a power control champ, bring a power control champ? Who cares if you "like" fighting with someone else?

I fear that you are going to lose any excitement you have for this game very soon if you only want to play with the champs you "like". The upper tier of content is ALWAYS geared towards having a certain type of champ.

As far as the Team Rating thing goes, it makes no difference if you don't have the skills/ champs to beat the quest. There are guys here beating this with 3 star champs for fun. My "team" rating might as well have been just my Magik's PI, because I used her for 100% of the fights, and didn't have to spend a $. I will admit that Thor caught me with an unblockable SP1 in 1 fight, so I used a 20% revive, and was back to full health in 1 combo.
  • 080808080808 Posts: 7
    I finished the quest in one run using solely 4/40 SL with a team of 2 and 3 stars for synergy and 4 revives total. Its not bad at all. U dont necessarily need a power control champ, just practice evading his specials.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Use a Power control champ. I used Vision
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Unblockable sp2 strange? Evade the first blast, parry the 2nd, evade the 3rd. Git GUD.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Sorry I don't base my life around MCOC. I'm not going to spend hours studying opponents and doing trial and error or watching you tube videos. This is a post for average players and I'm hoping that devs will actually take a look at this particular tile. It's pretty ridiculous considering it's actually harder than the boss tile lol. Sorry but things should be a easy if your team rating exceeds the recommended team rating - and that's with any champs.
    So, you want to find a way on how to kill Dr Strange with skill, but you don't want to try and study him and train yourself to fight him better?

Right, anyway, Dr Strange's L2 can be avoided completely with very good timing. Most people tend to evade the first shot and block the last 2 shots, because the timing to dash back between the first 2 shots has to be very precise. For me, I tend to evade the first shot, block the second and evade the third.

Can't do that? No problem, use a power control champion. A power control champion will sever his power gain, which not only means you don't have to worry about his special 2, but also you don't have to power bait, so you can continuously hit him and not worry about brute force degenerating you.
This discussion has been closed.