**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

4 Star Rank Up Gems -awakened- question

I am in the process of trying to obtain the 4 star rank up gem from act 5. If you use it on an awakened champ do you lose the awakening and all their signature abilities???

I would assume that is the case but keep in mind the awakening didn't always come free. Because of limited opportunities of attaining awakening gems I have purchased a few. Some $99. Then I received signature stones at costs. Hell my Doc Voodoo alone has a value of $150 (keep in mind that's 2-3 Xbox one games, WHOLE GAMES) and that doesn't include the amount spent on my account which is equivalent to 3 platforms (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo +several games for each).

I hope I'm wrong about that but this game is full of numerous awesome highs but far more disappointments. Please let this be on the positive side.

Comments

• LumpDeChumpLumpDeChump Posts: 68
    ***Also with all the work and credits that go into obtaining it why not just make it a universal rank up gem instead of a random class specific???
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    If you use it on an awakened champ do you lose the awakening and all their signature abilities???

No.
    Thanks MarzGroove. I guess I was crying over nothin'.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    You can't use an awakening gem on an awakened character. How is it that you progressed to the point of completing Act 5 and do not know that?
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Fluffy wrote: »
    You can't use an awakening gem on an awakened character. How is it that you progressed to the point of completing Act 5 and do not know that?

He's not talking about an awakening gem, he's talking about a rank up gem.
    Well...I feel sheepish...
    edited October 2017
    @Fluffy perhaps I wasn't clear or maybe you didn't understand the question. I'm gonna assume the first because manners do matter. I'll attempt to edify my question for you.

1. I have an awakened Doc Voodoo lvl 99.
    2. If I 100% explore Act 5 I get a 4 star rank up gem that allows me to take a 4 star champ to a 5 star champ. It is class random.
    3. If I get a mystic and use it on Doc Voodoo will he still be awakened and maintain his lvl 99 signature ability? Or will he become a 5* without his awakened abilities?

Hopefully with my question expounded it is easier to answer without the need to pass judgement or assume that the inquestor is some how inept or completely ignorant in the principles of the game.

Key word(s) are RANK UP GEM not AWAKENING GEM.
    Yeah...it's on me. I missed the RANK UP portion and thought you were talking about a standard AWAKENING GEM. All on me...my bad.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    @Fluffy perhaps I wasn't clear or maybe you didn't understand the question. I'm gonna assume the first because manners do matter. I'll attempt to edify my question for you.

1. I have an awakened Doc Voodoo lvl 99.
    2. If I 100% explore Act 5 I get a 4 star rank up gem that allows me to take a 4 star champ to a 5 star champ. It is class random.
    3. If I get a mystic and use it on Doc Voodoo will he still be awakened and maintain his lvl 99 signature ability? Or will he become a 5* without his awakened abilities?

Hopefully with my question expounded it is easier to answer without the need to pass judgement or assume that the inquestor is some how inept or completely ignorant in the principles of the game.

Key word(s) are RANK UP GEM not AWAKENING GEM.
    He wuld not be a 5 Stars with this. If he wash a rank4 you culd take him to rank5. He wuld not become a 5 Stars.
    @Fluffy It's all good man. Hope I didn't sound condescending. Not my intent.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Ah, as mentioned above, RANK UP gems don't change the star from 4* -5* . Rank up gems do RANK. ie rank 4 4* to rank 5 4*
    @Gamer Wow that is more disappointing than my concern. I guess I misunderstood its capabilities. That's a lot of work and a lot of energy=credits just to move a 4* (which will be quasi-obsolete soon) to rank 5. Don't get me wrong I'll be happy with the extra points in the arenas but still :( .

Thanks for the input.
    @Jestress My Voodoo is Rank 5 50/50 lvl 99. Ya'll answered my question. He isn't going anywhere.

Wishful thinking I suppose. Thanks for clearing that up.