**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5-star venom

Hey, just wondering if a 5-star venom is any good? I just opened up a 5-star crystal and is it a good idea to take him pass rank 2, thanks
Pizza_king24

Comments

• Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    He is trash.unfortunately I have him too
  • Options
    ok thanks Afrid
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Man. He's not that bad. He has direct sustainability without Regen. He's super fun to use, his animations are of the best in the game. He can replicate the challenger buffs. But aside from that he's not the most useful cosmic. A middle of the road type of player. Even if he's awakened, he's not someone you want to take to r3 right away. But I detest anyone who says he's trash. People saying that put their god tier Champions on a pedestal, everyone else is worthless.

I completely agree with the above.

Very smooth and quick for the bulky champs, duped his crit damage and crit rating goes up while opponent bleeds (DW really helps with the up-time), high hp, replicate buffs as mentioned

If you roll good stacks he starts hitting really hard (furies, precision, cruelty).

Definately not a trashcan, when people say so they have no idea what they are talking about.

Rank 3 worthy, I personally would not waste the tier 2 alphas on him just because they are so hard to come by.

He definately is mid-tier though and not apart of the garbage tier like she hulk, colossus, groot, KK etc.
  • Options
    Hellstorm_Hellstorm_ Posts: 172
    Just be happy with what you get
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited October 2017
    If you know how to use him on attack, then he is real good. For example, if you're facing a regen champ & activate Venom's sp2 as they're gaining health, his Replicate ability will allow him to regen himself, or mimic other buffs, from other champs. Just have to know how to use him properly. Hell of a defender, on the right node, though...

• Options
    MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    Venom defiently isn't one of the best people to get from a 5* but he is far from the worst
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Hes fun to play and can do decent burst damage if you get lucky with his buffs but other than that he is pretty bad. Basically no utility, terrible base stats and overall damage is awful, an alliance member a while back brought him up to rank 5 as a 4* just for fun and quit a ROL winter soldier fight with him because even after 800 hits he wasn't down.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Venom is not bad, decent mid-tier champ, not God-tier, but decent enough
    Definitely better to get 5* Venom, then getting 5* Iron-Patriot or 5* Hulk-Buster
  • Options
    thanks to everyone who commented!!!
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    Hes fun to play and can do decent burst damage if you get lucky with his buffs but other than that he is pretty bad. Basically no utility, terrible base stats and overall damage is awful, an alliance member a while back brought him up to rank 5 as a 4* just for fun and quit a ROL winter soldier fight with him because even after 800 hits he wasn't down.

4/40 4* Angela had him down in 500…

Venom is interesting. He can have a lot of attack buffs or a lot of defense buffs. Personally it’s screwy because if you get a ratio of 2-3 either way you’re kinda doomed with just mediocrity. They should also remove Armor and Cruelty and replace those with extra Fury/Physical resistance and then he’d be somewhat useable as P-resist is stronger and Fury covers cruelty in spades…

Sorry I was rambling… middle of the road… “Eh” at best and “Meh” at worst
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'd take a 5* Venom.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The problem with him in defence is
    1. He's cosmic, now we can see the class of war defenders most would know their path and take appropriate attacker.
    I'd take a mystic if I saw a cosmic in my path and they'll likely nullify/stagger his buffs.

2. He's in all sections of AQ and was an AQ boss for a long time so every one knows how to fight him.

I don't have him above 3* but he is fun to use in arena.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He was one of my first 4* champs and got me through a lot of quests. Would have been my first 4* R4 if I hadn't duped Thor.

Like others have said, he's not god-tier but he is above average. Easily worth an R2, maybe an R3 if you need it.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I recently got the same, and for me personally I was pretty satisfied pulling him. Stand-alone he might be considered less appealing, but I tend to look at my champs in a team perspective, and he has max HP synergies with my 4*'s AV, Spidey, symb. Spidey, and crit/atk/pb with Electro, JF, Guilly, VP. Still more champs(I dont have) he has synergy with. The number of different champs he mixes with is great utility.
  • Options
    ReinaReina Posts: 275
    5 star Venom is pretty good, I got a Magneto so yea consider yourself lucky
  • Options
    In my opinion, I LOVE VENOM! You are very lucky. His animations are great and he’s not the best but not the worst.
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Venompool is great, super underrated, many ppl dorsnt event know how to activate his healing

Venom sucks, sry man
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    The problem with him in defence is
    1. He's cosmic, now we can see the class of war defenders most would know their path and take appropriate attacker.
    I'd take a mystic if I saw a cosmic in my path and they'll likely nullify/stagger his buffs.

2. He's in all sections of AQ and was an AQ boss for a long time so every one knows how to fight him.

I don't have him above 3* but he is fun to use in arena.

3. He’s a FREAQUENT boss on story mode. 4.3.6 and then again in 5.1 especially the 4.3.6. Venom doesn’t help as he’s roided out and is really good at being a challenge to test champions on and is a decent ISO-Gold cow
  • Options
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    Hellstorm_ wrote: »
    Just be happy with what you get

Except spider Gwen....never be happy with spider gwen

Hahahahahahhaha that's true