**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Not fair to have the same pricing across the world

A 100$ worth of purchase is equated to 6700 rps of purchase in Indian rupees. Which is almost a month salary for many people here in India. How is that fair ?????

Comments

• TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    How is the same price not fair? You realize if they fluctuated people could have a guy in India buy for pennies on the dollar right?

Yeah and in some countries like the uk for example, they are paying the equivalent of $130 for what the USA get for $100. That is the OP's point
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Prices are not even the same here in europe: 100$ became 110€, where 110€ equal to 130$. Someone don't know math apparently
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    Prices are not even the same here in europe: 100$ became 110€, where 110€ equal to 130$. Someone don't know math apparently

They're the same for Kabam. It's unilateral, in U.S. Dollars. It's the platforms that raise them.
    Only a matter of time till the $ price increases and then we will see how the USA population feel about it
  • NiwsaNiwsa Posts: 2
    How is the same price not fair? You realize if they fluctuated people could have a guy in India buy for pennies on the dollar right?

I agree. But still to shell out an entire months salary for just units and signatures doesn't feel good. And it's unfair on people residing in low economy zones. 100$ values more in many parts of the world and it takes much to earn it
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    How much did you phone cost (media device) cost you compared to US? Are you complaining to them on their forums?
  • AllamuAllamu Posts: 2
    In Germany we had to pay 99,99 euros the whole time per Odin.
    Now we have to pay 10 euros more.

The dollar is even weaker than the euro. So it makes no sense at all. Except oh yeah...is kabam...
  • messmess Posts: 38
    hes actually right, having same prices in every country is bs. Some have to pay half of the salary others burger value for the same ****. If it was adjusted properly i bet ppl would be more willing to spend.

I wonder what would you do if you had to spend 450 EUR on odins chest and 23EUR for 125 units.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yeah and in some countries like the uk for example, they are paying the equivalent of $130 for what the USA get for $100. That is the OP's point

That's not the OP's point. The OP's point has nothing to do with exchange rates or iOS conversions or VAT. The OP is saying that average salary and cost of living is different in different places, and how subjectively high a one hundred US dollar purchase is depends greatly on where you are. In a place like Australia where a Toyota Corolla can cost $70,000, a $100 in-game purchase is a lot different on a relative basis than in say India where the average per capita earnings is about $1500.

I don't think there is any good solution to that problem, but that's the problem the OP is highlighting.

Toyota corollas do not cost $70k here. $30 for a top line fully optioned one
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Noobeeus wrote: »

That's not the OP's point. The OP's point has nothing to do with exchange rates or iOS conversions or VAT. The OP is saying that average salary and cost of living is different in different places, and how subjectively high a one hundred US dollar purchase is depends greatly on where you are. In a place like Australia where a Toyota Corolla can cost $70,000, a $100 in-game purchase is a lot different on a relative basis than in say India where the average per capita earnings is about $1500.

I don't think there is any good solution to that problem, but that's the problem the OP is highlighting.

Toyota corollas do not cost $70k here. $30 for a top line fully optioned one

I must be misremembering a conversation I had with someone that lived in Australia poorly. Although I do remember that period of time when people from Australia were flying to California to buy software.

I see, well I guess I was making a better point then
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    The thing is, Kabam's prices are the same, and it's the Countries and platforms that alter them based on Exchange Rates and Taxes. I know I'm repeating myself, but my point is, if they were to alter them to cushion that, they would be sacrificing revenue. They would also have to constantly monitor those factors because they both inevitably fluctuate. That would be a never-ending process that would affect everything from revenue, to projections, to monitoring finances internally. It's a nice thought, but not executable.
  • Kabam set one price. Just one. The App Store and google translate that for the various regions they serve the product to. The pricing in your region is determined either by Apple or Google, not Kabam.
  • messmess Posts: 38
    mess wrote: »
    hes actually right, having same prices in every country is bs. Some have to pay half of the salary others burger value for the same ****. If it was adjusted properly i bet ppl would be more willing to spend.

I wonder what would you do if you had to spend 450 EUR on odins chest and 23EUR for 125 units.

Fairness isn't bs. It isn't my fault the dollar is worth your months salary I shouldn't be forced to pay more for the same thing you get for less..
    That's actual fairness not some skewed **** to benefit the poor

its not fairness, its just the opposite.
  • MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    In other games 'loaders' capitalise on the exchange rates by setting their address to wherever the best exchange rate is. This simply prevents that becoming an option
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Don't spend money on a mobile game.
    Enjoy it as it is.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    Damn, 3 year old thread