**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Mephisto is a new Black Widow before 12.0 update?

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
Dear Kabam,
I'm playing this game for a long time, I saw great updates and bad updates, good and bad champions. I remember before update 12.0 black widow was a god tier champion due her Sig Ability, prevent accuracy ability of all champions by 100%. I also remember that update 12.0 brought balance to the game by reducing some god tier abilities.
Lately you release new champion Mephisto which looks pretty cool but, this passive ability is out of the balance. Let's go over it:
  • At the begging of the fight he can disable regen and ice armor, which is fine, but Iceman should create the armor after Sp3. With Mephisto it's not happening
  • He immune to Accuracy ability reduction, which make other champions very weak against him
  • He immune to all debuffs except bleed

Can you please explain me where is the "balance" in this champion where only one who can face him in Alliance wars it's Iceman, others will just die or require a lot of items?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Pertinax

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    People used to cry about Magic, not it Mephisto......Not surprised......L2P
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    You think 12.0 brought balance? All it did was with the cruel intention to line kabam pockets, which Backfired.. For a bit when the whales stopped spending

Name one garbage champ before 12 that you will put in your teams every time NOW. let me know if you think balance happened after r block proficiency nerf. Essentially time and time again players will get smarter than programmers and instead of "adapting", they lay the smack down and nerf.

New Champs are meant to be stronger which is whack if you follow comics at all, but this makes the whales dig into their pockets, gotta make more reasons to SPEND SPEND SPEND

Until the spenders stop spending, expect a tough gaming life, and once they stop spending, poof game gone. So just thank them occasionally unless you're begging for a reason to quit
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Agreed, Kabam definitely went overboard with Mephisto's abilities this round

Remembered when everyone was excited about the release of Carnage, only to find out he is a huge disappointment. Per new york comic con interview it was told that their original Carnage was OP, then they decided to tune it down a notch (perhaps a few notches), because it is easier to buff an under-powered champ later in the game, then nerfing an OP champs later in the game.

When they buff an under-powered fan-favourited champ, most likely ppl will be happy
    When they nerf a popular OP champ, most likely ppl will be upset & angry (like what happened to SW, BW, Thor and DS during v12.0)

Anyway I could be wrong though, only Kabam is always right regardless of what they did, my opinions wouldn't matter at all ... (a little sarcasm, considering so many issues lately)
  • 1. if iceman fires sp3 after the begining timer disappears, his icearmour will come back. the timer prevent champs gaining debuff
    3. he is not immune to any debuff except bleed, power lock and power leak are still not immune
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Hes not immune to shock, and im suprised that there aint yet a shock immune champ.
    Also his abilities can be "bypassed" with a concussion, which is active ability reduction
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I have asked over and over if we will ever reach a power plateau. But it appears that the plan is that they just get ever more powerful making it necessary to continue to amp up content and make adjustments by nerfing the champs later to compensate for going too far in an effort to make the next champ the strongest ever...
  • GaydarGaydar Posts: 14
    shchong2 wrote: »

Remembered when everyone was excited about the release of Carnage, only to find out he is a huge disappointment. Per new york comic con interview it was told that their original Carnage was OP, then they decided to tune it down a notch (perhaps a few notches), because it is easier to buff an under-powered champ later in the game, then nerfing an OP champs later in the game.

When they buff an under-powered fan-favourited champ, most likely ppl will be happy
    When they nerf a popular OP champ, most likely ppl will be upset & angry (like what happened to SW, BW, Thor and DS during v12.0)

Anyway I could be wrong though, only Kabam is always right regardless of what they did, my opinions wouldn't matter at all ... (a little sarcasm, considering so many issues lately)

Newbs talking about the whales. Lol new accounts pay the bills “whales” don’t need to spend. Whole ally is 400k or above. A few guys buy crystals....sometimes
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    1. if iceman fires sp3 after the begining timer disappears, his icearmour will come back. the timer prevent champs gaining debuff
    3. he is not immune to any debuff except bleed, power lock and power leak are still not immune

I have video (will upload soon) proving that after lv3 when there is no timer, ice armor is not created. Mephisto also disable the cooldown timer.
    Speedbump wrote: »
    People used to cry about Magic, not it Mephisto......Not surprised......L2P

Magik is different story, you can overcome limbo with ability reduction, power burn and many other options
  • MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    man totaly ot ... title is: IS MEPHISTO IS A NEW BLACK WIDOW BEFORE 12.0 UPDATE? answer .. nope ... work different!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

The reason Carnage was nerfed and Meph wasn't is because Carnage would burn through all their content and Meph is earning them huge money in AW. Pretty despicable Kabam.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, he is practically useless unduped. Has one of the worst damage outputs in the game. My joy quickly turned to misery when I realized this. And God help me trying to dupe him.pdel4bpmcxmq.png
  • MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    edited October 2017
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, he is practically useless unduped. Has one of the worst damage outputs in the game. My joy quickly turned to misery when I realized this. And God help me trying to dupe him

i'm happy with sinergy ...this night return of strange on aq :D

for me mefisto, strange dormammu is good for att on aq5 and some path aq6
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    May God HELP me actually pulling this champ...oh wait
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, he is practically useless unduped. Has one of the worst damage outputs in the game. My joy quickly turned to misery when I realized this. And God help me trying to dupe him.pdel4bpmcxmq.png

• bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    Gaydar wrote: »

Newbs talking about the whales. Lol new accounts pay the bills “whales” don’t need to spend. Whole ally is 400k or above. A few guys buy crystals....sometimes

Not sure you understand what a "whale" is. Whales are the big spenders. It has nothing to do with your team's base PI. My PI is 514,052, that doesn't make me a "whale."
  • GaydarGaydar Posts: 14
    Yeah whales are spenders, I get it. Generally when the term is used here it’s referring to top 300 allies. They won’t put their foot down etc... my point is that most of us quit spending regularly with 12.0. The “spenders” are the guys trying to catch up.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Mephisto is a pain, I agree; and his aura of incineration is annoying (but no worse than Iceman's cold snap, really).

But he's only immune to poison and incinerate; unlike Iceman who is immune to bleed, poison, incinerate, and (when his armour is up) stun and special 3s.

Specifically, Mephisto isn't immune to all ability reduction; and Concussion works very well against him (step up Quake, Karnak or Gambit). Also he can be weakened, stunned, power locked, power drained, armour broken and shocked.

Try some of those guys. I favour Quake, as she can do damage from a distance, and prevent both his regeneration and his aura from triggering. Without which, he's pretty much a pushover.

Mephisto is a pain, I agree; and his aura of incineration is annoying (but no worse than Iceman's cold snap, really).

But he's only immune to poison and incinerate; unlike Iceman who is immune to bleed, poison, incinerate, and (when his armour is up) stun and special 3s.

Specifically, Mephisto isn't immune to all ability reduction; and Concussion works very well against him (step up Quake, Karnak or Gambit). Also he can be weakened, stunned, power locked, power drained, armour broken and shocked.

Try some of those guys. I favour Quake, as she can do damage from a distance, and prevent both his regeneration and his aura from triggering. Without which, he's pretty much a pushover.

He immune to:
    • Poison
    • Icecold
    • frost bites
    • incinerate

One of his sig abilities is (copied from description):
    "Mephisto is immune to Passive Ability Accuracy Modifications"

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Yeah whales are spenders, I get it. Generally when the term is used here it’s referring to top 300 allies. They won’t put their foot down etc... my point is that most of us quit spending regularly with 12.0. The “spenders” are the guys trying to catch up.

LOL good for you stop spending

I don't need to stop spending, bcos I NEVER spend on MCoC and do not plan to start spending on MCoC anytime soon considering the state of the game (many broken aspects unfixed and remained not recognized by the developers)

I don't mind who's newbies and who's whales, it is NOT upto me to differentiate or discriminate any of them. This is a free world, it is their money they can decide where to spend, how to spend, and how much to spend.

There will always be newbies in any game, once upon a time I was a newbie, so were you, don't think anyone will suddenly appear in MCoC as a veteran overnight. There will also be whales spending thousands or even tens of thousands in a game, this is how a game survives or even thrives. A game that is loosing money, can not sustain long for F2P players to continue F2P bcos sooner or later the game will die off if no one is spending to keep the company running

Anyway, as long as no one is hacking, no one is doing unlawful things, no one is using illegal money (let police deal with that), as long as everything is legit, nothing is wrong with newbie, whalers or F2P.

Will end the diverged conversation about newbie or whaler. Let us all focus on the original topic by arni2 on "IS MEPHISTO IS A NEW BLACK WIDOW BEFORE 12.0 UPDATE?"

Have fun and have a great day
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176

I agree, I'm a spender and my tops are r5 4*'s. Spending to catch up with end game content before mid tier falls way behind. As may have been the plan it seems...
  • Well easy answer they don't care about any player in particular man it's just that kabam employee's need to pay their bill$ and making guys like mephisto and future ones is where most player spend their bank account on and that all so about making the game balance well to me the game will never be balance cause none spender like my self would never catch up to those who spend to catch the new champs because their always harder to fight and all new are always cracking the prestige list . So balance to who EXACTLY kabam wallet.
    Guys, you taking this discussion to wrong place.
    My wanted to point out the his ability that can remove by 100% sig ability of other champions (not all) and he to immune to the reduction.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Magik was never really op even though she is a tricky defender on normal nodes you should be prepared but as mini bosses you have more than one person
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    he hits like a wet noodle, that's all, he isn't that great so stop Whining
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    Is elektra passive or active ability reductor?

I believe it is passive since there is not "debuff" signal when it kicks in.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Lol omg these posts. Yeah Mephisto is a great defender. Characters have different strengths. Who would have thought?!

He's not unbeatable, he's just a good character.

I have no idea where all this Kabam trying to get money from Mystic defenders stuff comes from either. The majority of players.. actually everyone.. doesn't spend units on wars. If anything they use Glory, which you get for free.

So, like... what? Is there even a real problem here or just want to complain?