Compensation for android users not everyone

2»

Comments

  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 240 ★★
    And if u started after we did u would have even more time n wouldn't affect u as much is my point

    You are also only assuming all alliances were in attack phase which is again incorrect, alliances in defence placement had members not able to place and are now in attack phase with massive holes in defence. This is why people are saying it affects everyone not just android users.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,156 ★★★★★
    More than the Arena was affected for Android Users. Not everyone was Grinding. An extra Arena may be helpful to those Grinding, but it doesn't address other people not being able to log on.
    Also, if people weren't affected because they were able to log on, then it's not really necessary.

    If someone is able to log in, go into war, and have to wait 8 hours for an android user to clear a node for them then guess what, they're affected!

    If someone is able to log on, they're not really entitled to compensation for not being able to log on. Not that hard to understand.

    It is for some, I spelled it out for you. Can someone back me up here?, I think I made an obvious point as to how an ios user could be affected
    The idea is to compensate people for not being able to log in. Not the families, loved ones, Allies, or any other indirect byproxy. If you could log on, then it didn't affect you personally.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    BigH501 wrote: »
    How Many people didn't complete AQ or lost AW because half their members or more couldn't log on when they needed them ?

    I don't think this question is even relevant. We won our AW. I would like to Know how many more resources were spent on revives and health fighting linked Bosses?
    I spent a lot. Compensation for war should be to return every revive, health, boost, unit, glory, etc... Used when the outage happened. That's it.
    Doesn't matter if it's a Android or iPhone user. Don't compensate everyone, just refund what people spent on this war.
    Its fine if Kabam ends up not counting the AW results. If that's the case they MUST refund everything spent in war.

    Android specific issies related to Arena is a completely different situation and should be addressed that way.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Outages happen. This is s comlex game with a demanding user base. I accept and don't complain on bugs as long as their goal is for continueos improvement.

    This situation is about customer service and making the right business decisions. I really hope they understand refunds and a days lost revenue is an operating expense. This situation can not be solved with 50k of scrap.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    It's adorable some of you think you'll get this grandiose compensation. You get nothing. You lose. Good day sir.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I see the word "fair" thrown around a ton...you really think this game is set up to be fair? Is the world fair? Sorry snowflakes, you're just $$$ to large companies. They want the game to work too so we keep paying, it does them no good to crash the game.

    And guess what? When they do give some type of compensation, it will be a generic "sorry our contest was not performing up to our standards" and be sent to all players. Some players use iOS and droid systems on separate devices, should they be included or left out? They won't be distinguishable and it won't be "fair".

    Know what else? If they give a large compensation to only droid users, forum will blow up with iOS users complaining their faces off saying it's not "fair" that droid users got (insert items here).
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    I see the word "fair" thrown around a ton...you really think this game is set up to be fair? Is the world fair? Sorry snowflakes, you're just $$$ to large companies. They want the game to work too so we keep paying, it does them no good to crash the game.

    And guess what? When they do give some type of compensation, it will be a generic "sorry our contest was not performing up to our standards" and be sent to all players. Some players use iOS and droid systems on separate devices, should they be included or left out? They won't be distinguishable and it won't be "fair".

    Know what else? If they give a large compensation to only droid users, forum will blow up with iOS users complaining their faces off saying it's not "fair" that droid users got (insert items here).

    They can complain all they want for all I care, they weren't locked out 8h in the middle of the war and arena so they dont matter.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    So basically only your view of "fair" is the one that matters?

    I'm sure every droid user was going for SL or voodoo in arena now, or at least seems like that from the forum. Also every war loss was because that person's ally was the only one that had droid users in it while the opponent was all iOS.

    I'm not saying they shouldn't throw something out for the problems today, but expecting "fair" is very naive.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    So basically only your view of "fair" is the one that matters?

    I'm sure every droid user was going for SL or voodoo in arena now, or at least seems like that from the forum. Also every war loss was because that person's ally was the only one that had droid users in it while the opponent was all iOS.

    I'm not saying they shouldn't throw something out for the problems today, but expecting "fair" is very naive.

    There is no fair if someone gets to grind for extra 8h and play war normally while others don't. Androids have a 89% share in all smartphones out there and that is a major issue where fair doesnt translate to everyone getting something anymore. They got a game functioning normally for 8h, we didn't. 8h in arena can rack up a massive ammount of points. And what now about ppl who opened boosts, like one guy in my alliance opened 80 of them to rack up faster and he got locked out? is it fair that he gets locked 8h and gets nothing back while iPhone guys get Voodoo? No. So they don't count in this and can compain all they want for all I care. This isn't about being selfish, it's about making things right.
  • I for one lost 12 hours of the arena grind...thats 6 million points for me, now even though I've been playing for over two years I still won't get star Lord. Some of you think it was just a few hours, I was locked out for 12 on the only free time I had for grinding. That's no small loss.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    First off, if he opened 80 boosts before fighting then he wasted at least 50 of those right off the bat. Your number doesn't justify anything. If he plays, he will still get who he wants.

    Second, you're trying to point out to me what makes your opinion fair while my entire argument is that life isn't fair. So clearly I don't agree with you. And the point that 89% (your number) of smartphone users have androids means that roughly 89% of players were locked out. So the competition was locked out too, I would say no iOS users saw droids couldn't login and then decided to start an arena run. No matter what happens, someone will be pissed off. It may be you and it may be "Joe iOS". There is no universal "fair".
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    First off, if he opened 80 boosts before fighting then he wasted at least 50 of those right off the bat. Your number doesn't justify anything. If he plays, he will still get who he wants.

    Second, you're trying to point out to me what makes your opinion fair while my entire argument is that life isn't fair. So clearly I don't agree with you. And the point that 89% (your number) of smartphone users have androids means that roughly 89% of players were locked out. So the competition was locked out too, I would say no iOS users saw droids couldn't login and then decided to start an arena run. No matter what happens, someone will be pissed off. It may be you and it may be "Joe iOS". There is no universal "fair".

    So just because life isn't fair being locked out 8h in arena should not be in any way compensated at all? Is that what you're actally try to say? Like a f.u for using that, deal with it kinda comment?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    No, if you look back you will see I explicitly said that's NOT what im saying. But don't expect them to go to the trouble of appeasing only droid users who tried to log in at a certain time of day. I don't see it happening.
  • RobojiniRobojini Posts: 30
    Apart from arena nithing actually got affected..so don't cry for free stuff whenever something goes wrong... compensation is as per situation if anyone couldn't do arena then they should get an extra chance may be get some boosts as well..demanding free stuff like 5star shards, rank down tickets etc. Only show no one see any issue as actually a problem but an opportunity to ask for free stuff.
  • Drac91Drac91 Posts: 10
    I don't have time or enough champions to go for the 4* percentage anyway. I'm only there for units and shards. After a long time, finally some responses and game back on, which somehow worked for me too good. Meaning? Gameplay without laggs. Fast and smooth. It will probably change later back to normal but I'm happy as it is now. As for the esteemed Kabam team, I hope the communication will be better from now on, so that the game can be a 5* on Google Store, and a fun to play. As for compensation, I think potions and revives might not quite cut it this time. Of course giving away 4* Voodoo would be too much, but 4 and 5* shards and some good crystals with high chances might be enough for making up the loss of time and nerves.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Robojini wrote: »
    Apart from arena nithing actually got affected..so don't cry for free stuff whenever something goes wrong... compensation is as per situation if anyone couldn't do arena then they should get an extra chance may be get some boosts as well..demanding free stuff like 5star shards, rank down tickets etc. Only show no one see any issue as actually a problem but an opportunity to ask for free stuff.

    Apart from Arena, Arena is the whole point mate. I would not be pissed if Voodoo wasnt active or if war or AQ wasnt (which it wasnt).
  • WaggsWaggs Posts: 1
    I think a across the board gift for android users is due...we lost 8hrs + of all game play may have been war arena or quest...not to mention duel skirmish and any other events that were running at the time....not like you'll lose much...you'll just show ppl why they love the game knowing your going to right the wrong!!
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 240 ★★
    Waggs wrote: »
    I think a across the board gift for android users is due...we lost 8hrs + of all game play may have been war arena or quest...not to mention duel skirmish and any other events that were running at the time....not like you'll lose much...you'll just show ppl why they love the game knowing your going to right the wrong!!

    If you lost out on "war, duel skirmish and any other events that were running at the time" so did everyone in your alliance and unless you are in a 30 man alliance of android only members, you have just confirmed why it shouldn't be an android only compensation. Thank you
  • TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 4,806 ★★★★★
    was locked out for 8 hours. i will end up getting Sl anyways, but i still lost 2m points worth of grinding, now i have to sit up long nights and grind if i want him (which i do) and a 3rd round isnt fair as i dont wanna redo all the points i already did. All i am asking for is some arena refills or boosts to make up for lost time.
    How do people come up with all these other rewards they should get?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    They will probably add an extra arena and not compensate everyone. I'm sure Kabam will do something so just calm down and wait
Sign In or Register to comment.