**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is it soo hard to get iso and refills??

13»

Comments

• Options
    HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

Iso availability can be a challenge at times. Which is why intentionally managing it is important. I only do arena occasionally. But, I do a lot of content. I'm 💯 on everything except a couple Abyss paths. And do 💯 Cav and UC, with a complete on all others each month. Most folks I know (one of whom is a good friend of mine) who struggle with iso, it simply comes down to the fact that they are not as active as I am in the game. They don't and haven't completed as much content as I have. Managing iso can be rough when you're living paycheck to paycheck. But here's how to get started and create what I call an "iso bank".

- Never open your monthly log in crystal until you need that exact class of iso. (It's guaranteed iso of an exact class) Save it until you need that exact class. Otherwise, you're putting that iso on a countdown to expire.

- Hoard 4* shards. Do not pop 4 shards as soon as you get them you're immediately putting the class you don't need on timer to expire... I even sometimes buy a 5 pack of dual class crystals...and then DON'T open them. They will stay in the crystal tab as unopened. Then open only when you need one of those two classes.

- Hoard Legendary, fully formed 4* (reg and nexus) and Ultimate crystals... Do not pop them as soon as you get them. Same concept. Save until you absolutely need to open them when what you need cannot be obtained from the above listed methods.

Now, I know in your current situation, this sounds ridiculous. But you have to be disciplined. You may have to be patient while you move to get yourself in this position. But, all of the above only works if you A: are very active in content and B: have the discipline and patience to begin this process. Good Luck!

All that being said, I do agree that Kabam should seriously look into the fact that 5 and 6 dupes give the same iso as 4 dupes. A lot of players agree that it makes zero sense given the extreme ramp up of iso required to rank 5 and 6.

This is truth.
  • Options
    N0_U said:

Luke9523 said:

Honestly, it's either one or the other. People are drowning in ISO and in need of resources, or the opposite. No happy middle ground.

I'm drowning in both but no champs worth upgrading
    You must not do arena at all.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

N0_U said:

Luke9523 said:

Honestly, it's either one or the other. People are drowning in ISO and in need of resources, or the opposite. No happy middle ground.

I am actually in the same boat. I have the resources, but no interesting champs to rank up. Mainly due to the drought in challenging content. But, that's an issue not everyone faces.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

N0_U said:

Luke9523 said:

I am actually in the same boat. I have the resources, but no interesting champs to rank up. Mainly due to the drought in challenging content. But, that's an issue not everyone faces.
    I am constantly doing rankups, because by the end of the year, I want to be able to go after any 5 Star New Champion that comes out. Probably not the smartest use of resources, but I do grind arena all the time for the new 4 Star Champs, eventually I want to switch to 5 Stars, can do roughly 43 million if I tryhard, and that number can skyrocket if I rank up more 4 Stars to 4/40 or higher.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

N0_U said:

Luke9523 said:

I am constantly doing rankups, because by the end of the year, I want to be able to go after any 5 Star New Champion that comes out. Probably not the smartest use of resources, but I do grind arena all the time for the new 4 Star Champs, eventually I want to switch to 5 Stars, can do roughly 43 million if I tryhard, and that number can skyrocket if I rank up more 4 Stars to 4/40 or higher.
    That is a good idea. But, I am actually scaling back on arenas just doing the milestones. With kabam giving 4 stars in the login calender, I am not too worried on getting the new ones. As for the grinding for 5 stars, I can't commit the time to grind out 60-70 mill for 5 stars.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

ISO and gold is always a problem. I agree there should be a gold event and iso event all the time that you can run when you need it.

There is. It is up 6/7 Days per week. And you can actually use all of your Champions to get it. It's called Arena.
    There really is no problem at the level I'm at. Thronebreakers, 11,4k prestige. It is very Simple to get Millions of gold and at least 1k ISO in over flow. It really is the fact that you get more if you do more. As it should be
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    There is no resource issue. It’s down to have you are effectively using it.
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Luke9523 said:

This. I’m swimming in gold and iso. I have an excess of T1a, T4cc, T4bc etc, but a shortage of T2a. That’s the way it goes. I’m currently ranking up 2 and 3 star champions just to use up iso before it expires.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Luke9523 said:

I heard there was an ISO problem? Anyone want some? Free ISO for all!!!! :D:D

Sure, I'll take some. I can always sell it for more gold.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Luke9523 said:

There's no happy medium because if you have resources but no champ to rank up that's a problem, and if you have champs but no resources to rank them up that's a problem, and if you have champs you want to rank up and the resources to rank them up then you keep ranking them up until you run out of one or the other.
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited April 2021
    I used to have a big problem with ISOs but now not so much anymore. It’s all about saving your shards; especially 4-star shards. Even premium crystals and 5-star shards too. I started doing lower difficulty event quest again like master and heroic. They give out a lot of 4-star shards. If you don’t have any 6-star to level up, save your 4-star shards. Only open them when you have a new champ to level up. You can also do incursions and you can purchase 4-star crystals which only takes a few fights because 4-star crystals aren’t that expensive. Arena, of course, even if you don’t pull 4-stars from the premiums, you might pull 3-stars which gives you some ISOs and 4-star shards. when you have expiring ISOs, you can level up random champs but use the lower level ISOs, and claim the big ones into your inventory.

I do think Kabam should update the amount of ISOs given when duping 5/6 star champs. It’s crazy how 4 to 6 stars give out same amount, despite how much more 6 stars requires compared to 4 stars
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Wanna flex? 😂

okay yeah Im waiting for someone to one up that catalyst stash

This one was from a couple of months ago, but I had more at one time prior to that

https://youtu.be/QSgEY6X2ccs
    That spin at the end is humourous.
    But please, for the love of god rank something. Seeing all those stashed items hurt