**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hawkeye buff idea

TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hawkeye is a solid champ in certain scenarios but is lacking a bit in utility. He doesn't need a buff that makes him one of the best skill champs but I would like to see some increase in value.

My idea is the following:

Hawkeye has 2 types of arrows that can be switched by holding down block for about 1.2 seconds.

Arrow type 1 (loaded by default): Poison arrow that poisons the enemy for X damage over X seconds when activating a SP1. Additionally it power drains the opponent as his SP1 currently does.

Arrow type 2 (can be activated via pre-fight ability & switched in-fight): Bleed arrow that inflicts X bleed damage over X seconds when activating a SP1. If the 2nd hit (arrow hit) is critical it inflicts a critical bleed debuff over Y seconds inflicting Y damage (duration and damage > X)

Additionally enemies who are suffering under a poison / (critical) bleed debuff suffer -35% defensive ability accuracy reduction (max 2 stacks) and are unable to evade % auto block.

SP2: Hawkeye sets either arrow type on fire and inflicts an incinerate debuff doing X damage over X damage. Additionally the enemy gets power locked for ~8 seconds.

SP3: Hawkeye loads 3 arrows, 1 of each arrow type inflicting X poison, bleed and incinerate damage over X seconds. Additionally the enemy gets power drained (50%) and power locked for ~ 6 seconds.

I don't know if you like the idea but i think it wouldn't make him an op champ but would add a good amount of utility.

Have a nice Sunday guys and gals.

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    And yes, other champs should get buffed 1st. It was just something that came into my mind 🙂
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye already has access to Bleed/Poison debuffs.
    His Tigra synergy gives him Poison debuffs instead of Bleeds.
  • Options
    Iron_SkywalkerIron_Skywalker Posts: 125
    like someone said, he can already get poison. so perhaps in place, he fires off shock arrows?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    This is perfect for an update. He really deserves it.
  • Options

This is perfect for an update. He really deserves it.

Thank you 😊
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Nice write up, but u actually forgot what makes him hawkeye in mcoc, his power drain on his sp1, and you forgot to add an arrow that inflicts a shock debuff
  • Options

Nice write up, but u actually forgot what makes him hawkeye in mcoc, his power drain on his sp1, and you forgot to add an arrow that inflicts a shock debuff

Thx but I actually said power drain on SP1 (see "arrow type 1") :smile:
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I like the idea of giving him utility.

how about... since Hawkeye is never supposed to miss... he gets that for at least his specials.

Or, if there isn't too much complaining about our newest champion's disabling of dex... I'd even consider making Hawkeye's SP2 "un-dexable". Either its OK for both champs... or its broken for both champs, and the mechanic should be "tuned".
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I had written a concept awhile back about updates for all of the Avengers and for Hawkeye I had pointed out that since he never misses if he completed a 5 hit combo, he would gain a true accuracy buff that of course would be removed once he gets struck but that way it would increase the damage of any special attacks and also having that rotating Arrow mechanic similar to Winter Soldier
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 465 ★★★
    I think that this is a really good start with a buff for Hawkeye. Perhaps a shock off Arrow Type 1? It looks like he does not have too many other abilities aside from his arrows and his Sp's but really good start. Maybe cleaning it up a bit and adding a few finishing touches to this would make him a tad bit better. But really good buff Idea. Keep up the good work mate, this idea is really creative. :)