**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it possible to go 0/10 on featured 5*?

2»

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    my 2/8 doesn't seem so bad now.
  • 2/10 here, keep your hopes up!
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Why do i need to wait till tomorrow? Already know that the answer is a big fat YES.

In fact, it is more likely to go 0/10 than to actually get one.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I stopped at 1/6 and limited my depression to 10K shard bites at the apple. Most depressing thing with missing a featured 5* is getting a comparatively useless champ instead—Colossus, Red Mags, Ronan, Red Mags again, Groot, etc. Stings a little less with 10K.

They all come out in the crystal now anyway and since they’ve made 5* shards more available it doesn’t make a ton of sense to blow an extra 5K shards for a snowball’s chance.

Dr. Zola
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    It is wrong,we are not talking about premium crydtal here but a featured one and many top tier champions have confirmed after their countless crystal opening that featured chance is flat 25%.

Yep, and I corrected that in a later post. Even mentioned I was thinking of the 1% PHC.

Stupid 15min window on edits, or I would have corrected the original.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I am 1/11 and was 0/10.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Its very possible to be 0/10 on one champ, just look at Anonymous, he was damn near 0/10
  • Chitlins wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Chitlins wrote: »
    dkatryl wrote: »
    If you understand how statistics work, then you know the answer is:

Yes, it is very possible.

What is the % chance of getting the featured 5*? We don't know, but commonly assumed about 1%.
    The chance that you will not pull a featured after 10 tries at 1% is : 0.90438207500880449001, or 90.4%

So, not only is it very possible, it is very likely!

IT's commonly assumed as being 20%

Yet, no one knows for sure. So I'm not sure why this random number is being thrown around and people just accepting the fact that it is 20%.

There's enough video evidence of openings to gather a pretty decent sample size. If you look at multiple Youtubers who have posted every 5* featured opening and add up the openings you can calculate the probability.

The pool size is still very small to even remotely make that assumption.
  • Not just possible, more like probable
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    Update: went 0/10 still stands that miike and the dev team can kiss my ass. Overly reward some and screw others over with your gambling gacha ****. Rot.
  • DOLLMAN9DOLLMAN9 Posts: 25
    It’s verry possible, I’m 0/43. And I have to watch others getting the champs they want and not even use them. Where is the fairness in that?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    My first was at 19....I’m now 1 for 26
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    DOLLMAN9 wrote: »
    It’s verry possible, I’m 0/43. And I have to watch others getting the champs they want and not even use them. Where is the fairness in that?

You opened 43 5 star featured? That's 645000 5 star shards, how did you get so many?!

0 for 43 in 5 star featured pulls? I’d have to see your IGN profile and see that you finished LOL and were in a top 5 alliance to believe that.
    rwhack wrote: »

0 for 43 in 5 star featured pulls? I’d have to see your IGN profile and see that you finished LOL and were in a top 5 alliance to believe that.

I bought Odins.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

I bought Odins.

You can't buy 5 star shards with money or units.....
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Seems like a lot.of thongs get.thrown around as gospel. Our lil survey on monthly specials worked out to 4 percent. Realistically I believe 2-4 and probably dead in the middle at 3 percent are our odds...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    And not just thongs! Things as well!
    danielmath wrote: »

I bought Odins.

The features crystals that shows Morningstar and blade together. Yes you can.
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Quit the game once and for all, it is the best thing you can do

You'll just avoid stress with those crystals
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-12. Probably be 0-14 after I go for Blade. Know people who pull them consistently at 50% or better. One would think regression to the mean would balance out the luck but it seems like the lucky keep getting lucky and the unlucky keep getting screwed. Almost as if the drop rate is not the same for every account. Maybe it is and I'm just jaded from **** pulls lol.

Regression to the mean would happen if you open a lot of crystals, not 10 or 20.

I know that but it's not just the featured 5* crystals. Same guys who are like 6 for 10 on featured used to pull 4*s from phc, featured 4*s from the 150 unit crystals, and have pulled 5-6 5*s from GM. But it may just be luck. I did miss on Blade twice so 0-14 now. Pulled colossus and sim lol. Rage opened 10 of the 300 unit crystals and got him with the 10th so at least I finally got a featured champ.

I bought Odins.

The features crystals that shows Morningstar and blade together. Yes you can.

No..:.that is not what we are talking about. Those are a crapshoot. I’m talking about Collecting 5 star shards and going 1 for 26 on featured guaranteed to be 5 star pulls.