**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cannot Join AQ - Two AQs? EDIT: Can Join, but two AQs are up

Comments

• Options
    TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    76k in loyalty will be good compensation....(selfish reasons)
  • Options
    xVxNotoRiouSxVxxVxNotoRiouSxVx Posts: 58
    Cristalman wrote: »
    Hey Kabam, it's late in Europa

This is true, but no matter what time we started it, it would be late somewhere. We're working on getting this up as soon as we can, but can't guarantee a time.

This is going to completely screw up our AQ, many of our players who usually have their path in sec 1 cleared are heading to bed now, so it's going to completely mess up the whole rhythm we built our AQ team around. It would make more sense to just start over tomorrow at the regular time.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'll lend my support to the 'wait a day' people. Everyone is used to starting it at a certain time. Just fix it 100% and start it tomorrow.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited June 2017
    This is not something we are interested in doing, because it would completely throw off the schedule by a day, and then reduce the amount of time between the two series of Alliance Quests. This has been done in the past, but not something we like to do very often.

There are already threads on this subject, so I'm going to close this one down now. If you have further comments on this matter, please post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/3210/cannot-join-aq-two-aqs-edit-can-join-but-two-aqs-are-up#latest

Directly from Mike on 1 day delay. Not gonna happen boys. ^
  • Options
    CrackhorseCrackhorse Posts: 64
    edited June 2017
    If AQ can be up within the next hour or two, please make sure to give 30 minute timers so we can finish on a normal schedule. If it's longer than another two hours, please push AQ back one day. We don't mind only 2 off days after the week, to get you back on schedule, but starting at odd times completely screws up the player schedules. We're real people with jobs and responsibilities, we can't drop everything because of mistakes made by the game and testing team of this game.

Free/cheap AQ for the week, which you have done in the past, is also to be expected by the players.
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 349 ★★
    Why is reducing the time between aq series a bad thing?
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    SlySly wrote: »
    This is not something we are interested in doing, because it would completely throw off the schedule by a day, and then reduce the amount of time between the two series of Alliance Quests. This has been done in the past, but not something we like to do very often.

There are already threads on this subject, so I'm going to close this one down now. If you have further comments on this matter, please post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/3210/cannot-join-aq-two-aqs-edit-can-join-but-two-aqs-are-up#latest

Sorry, that's bullcrap.

"Let's inconvenience our entire damn user base instead of doing something right"

I get that it may be harder to do, that doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

then 30 minute timers plz
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Just want to echo the other sentiments to delay by a day. We have set routes based on our players' champion pool and time zone. Rearranging at the last second is next to impossible for Map 6.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »

They're adjusting the Timers to accommodate. 30-Minute Timers would defeate the purpose of that.
  • Options

They're adjusting the Timers to accommodate. 30-Minute Timers would defeate the purpose of that.

they're adjusting the timers b/c they screwed up

30-minute timers would "accommodate" the many players that have set schedules/have to sleep, in order to still complete Map 6
  • Options
    MGal9991MGal9991 Posts: 8
    In the UK it already 10.30pm this is dumb changing timers won't solve time we lost some of us need to work tomorrow and need go bed soon but now with this issue and u guys refusing to start it day later it like ur saying well not our problem deal with it we suffer coz u guys have no clue what going on and obviously showing the international community that u guys simply don't care for the international market is it too much to ask that when something gets fixed u don't break something else and then think about the community and what's best
  • Options

30-minute timers would "accommodate" the many players that have set schedules/have to sleep, in order to still complete Map 6

As its already been stated, they can't accommodate to everyone's schedule. No matter what they do, people will have different schedules. It's a global game. There are many different Time Zones.
  • Options
    NoirextNoirext Posts: 8

We all saw the two AQ hubs. Two "Start" buttons, two little green arrows on the top right corner...

This was not a bug. This is code written for the game.
    Get your thumbs ready, people; rank down tickets are coming again!
    You heard it here first.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Noirext wrote: »
    We all saw the two AQ hubs. Two "Start" buttons, two little green arrows on the top right corner...

You heard it here first.

I doubt it. There were two alpha arenas too. It wasn't just limited to AQ.
  • Options
    Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35
    Why are we being punished with a delayed start time instead of just delaying an entire day? It's not our fault your system is screwed up and caused the issue. You can't even tell us when the game will be back up to run AQ properly. That means us officers or leaders will have to be constantly checking the forums/game to know when to start it, and hope and pray we can get people in to do their lines. People have lives, they can't just always toss around their schedule for this game. As a paying customer, I'm astounded by the fact you said you're not gonna delay it because it screws up your schedule! This is just ridiculous
  • Options
    NoirextNoirext Posts: 8
    spumington wrote: »
    Noirext wrote: »

You heard it here first.

I doubt it. There were two alpha arenas too. It wasn't just limited to AQ.

Notwithstanding the rest of the bugs and the duplications, the layout of the AQ hubs is newly written code. It didn't appear out of thin air. They are planning to do something with it. They will, of course, botch it at launch.

Good times!
  • Options

As its already been stated, they can't accommodate to everyone's schedule. No matter what they do, people will have different schedules. It's a global game. There are many different Time Zones.

...and that's EXACTLY why 30 minute timers would be helpful. So players are able to move more in the now more limited time they have as a result of Kabam messing AQ up and changing the start/end times with very little notice.
  • Options

Wow, you really have no clue do you? That's why we're calling for a day delay and starting on normal time. Delaying a day would accommodate because it will be the expected start time and what people have planned and scheduled for.
  • Options

...and that's EXACTLY why 30 minute timers would be helpful. So players are able to move more in the now more limited time they have as a result of Kabam messing AQ up and changing the start/end times with very little notice.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Daytime, nighttime, no matter when, someone is inconvenienced no matter what they choose. 30-Minute Timers would be no more helpful in preventing that.
  • Options

Wow, you really have no clue do you? That's why we're calling for a day delay and starting on normal time. Delaying a day would accommodate because it will be the expected start time and what people have planned and scheduled for.

I'm not the one making the decisions. That's what they went with. They've stated they're not interested in doing that because it affects the next Round and the time between.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Cristalman wrote: »
    Hey Kabam, it's late in Europa

This is true, but no matter what time we started it, it would be late somewhere. We're working on getting this up as soon as we can, but can't guarantee a time.

AQ needs to be delayed a full day and stay on same start schedule. Having it start after midnight UK time will cause serious issues for multinational alliances. Then to have the rest of the aq session on that schedule will cause problems for the entire series. I also dont understand why people starting free maps get extra resources in their treasury that they didn't even spend. This is unacceptable, especially compounded with the Android users missing out on rockets scrapyard completion as well as arena. This is a huge mess and not up to lofty standards. We've already been screwed waiting on this update with all the bugs and no compensation, now you are just making things worse !
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Miike, so let me get this right. You have two choices basically:

- start day 1 of AQ very late, with guarantee lots of alliances won't be able to complete day 1 even with 30 min timers
    - Postpone AQ by a day, and having only two day break instead of three between this and next AQ cycle

I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the 2nd option. This just shows how out of touch you are with your player base.
  • Options
    TV_Addict_2017TV_Addict_2017 Posts: 38
    Postpone AQ til tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35
    Also you had no issues starting a second AQ two days after one at the end of Season 3. Why was that different than now? Because it was convienant for Kabam then and not now?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    I'm not the one making the decisions. That's what they went with. They've stated they're not interested in doing that because it affects the next Round and the time between.

As a group leader in an alliance and one of the people who regularly deals with timing and scheduling for an international timezone-spread group and alliance, I really have literally no idea what possible reason there could be for prioritizing the spacing between rounds over the daily timing schedule of map starts. There are three days between AQ rounds. Reducing that to two days would affect our alliance exactly not at all, and I cannot conceive of a general non-manufactured reason why that would matter.

AQ already has a three day buffer between rounds. What I want to know is what possible reason could there be to disrupt the daily timing schedule just to make sure that three day buffer doesn't become a two day buffer. And I really want to know how reducing the three day buffer to two days could possibly affect the next AQ round. It would still start at the same time, on the same day. Do we have players that hibernate for three days in between AQ rounds that would be negatively affected? AQ sequences are already eight days long which makes them start and end out of cycle with the seven day week already: eventually AQ starts on every day and ends on every day of the week. Changing the AQ schedule by one whole day doesn't create any harm that the eight day schedule doesn't already cause. Changing the AQ start times by eight hours or more does create actual harm.

If Kabam is fixated on this solution, nothing I say will change their minds. But I still feel compelled to express my belief that this is the worst possible way to address the problem, and challenge anyone to come up with a reason why a one day delay is somehow worse than a random time restart.