**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This month has been very underwhelming

DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
To start off with, you have two new not-so-exciting champions released this month, both as bland as a turtle’s backside.

Then, you have a side quest with randomized fights and rewards with tricky nodes that you have to go through with only 3 champions. You can’t even peek inside to see which bosses you have to fight to set up your team, you just have to guess. It’s not hard, but it’s not easy either. You have to make sure you play perfectly well or else you might end up using revives, and who wants to use revives in a side quest? Not to mention, RNG might screw you over and you only get gold, sig stones, and T4b fragments, which you have to beat the boss or wait until the next day for the rewards to refresh, but only after having to duel someone to obtain a key to enter.

Finally, you have V7 rewards, which don’t really help endgame players all that much. No T2 alphas, no 6* sig stones, no 6* rank up gems, not even any T1 alphas. I mean, if you’re going to give us 5* R2-R3 and R3-4 gems, why not T1 alphas to go along with it? In fact, why not upgrade the rewards to 5* R4-5 (2017) or 6* R1-2 (2017) gems? There’s no sense of accomplishment in completing or exploring V7 because the rewards are so outdated.

I feel like I’m just playing this game because I have nothing better to do rather than playing it for fun.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    My completion run on V7 enabled me to take Corvus to rank 3. Not underwhelming at all.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    You realize that variants aren’t endgame content. They’re mid endgame content so the difficulty and rewards aren’t geared towards people who have done everything in the game.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

There is no satisfying these "endgame"folks

They need a summer of pain or something to be satisfied ig
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

I’d like to see an event so hard that even a roster of R3’s would be forced to use every option they have to complete it and then have to use boosts, items, and units in order to explore it. Super crazy rewards that only 10% of the top 1% can complete. Then I want to see the salt flow. That will stop some of the it’s too easy things going around for a minute.
    ...yea, cause that's exactly what we're asking for. So it will stop the it's too easy thing.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The QoL to AQ and the Glory Store update were great. Even though I'm still going solo due to Ally burnout, I still really appreciate anything that helps people who can't be available 24/7 -- and that also helps people who are available 24/7.

The SQ is ****. The rewards could be the best ever, but it wouldn't change the fact that it's a bland, tedious, and unfun grind of an event.

V7 is fine. Anybody looking for something to do with their 6r3s is gonna have to be fine with alliance modes for now. Kabam isn't gonna make content that takes a new player 2-3 years to get to; they want that money ASAP. \\\\ 6r3s were a mistake.

I honestly expect Kabam to throw a bone to the top 0.5% with some godawful event, but I also expect most of these players who clamor for difficult content to whine about said difficult content. It's always like that, in every game community I've been in... except Dorf Fortress, but those people are weirdos.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’d like to see an event so hard that even a roster of R3’s would be forced to use every option they have to complete it and then have to use boosts, items, and units in order to explore it. Super crazy rewards that only 10% of the top 1% can complete. Then I want to see the salt flow. That will stop some of the it’s too easy things going around for a minute.
    That sounds alright to me. Except the having to use items and units part, it would be nice if it could be done using skill, but being so absolutely hard that it challenges me and makes me get KOd if I don’t play well enough. I’m absolutely fine using items and units if I feel like it’s worth it.

I don’t want a hit cap like in abyss to force revives, that’s not skill.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Finally, you have V7 rewards, which don’t really help endgame players all that much. No T2 alphas, no 6* sig stones, no 6* rank up gems, not even any T1 alphas.

So T5B, T5CC, and 6* shards don't really help endgame players all that much. T1 alpha on the other hand, that's what end game players need?

What we have here is a paradox. You seem to think that the 5* shards, the 5* rank up gem, and the 5* awakening crystal are not helpful rewards to an endgame player. Fair enough: if you think that an end game player no longer ranks up 5* champs. But no 6* rank up requires T1 alphas. What player doesn't want a 5* r4->r5 rank up gem, but *does* want T1 alphas? What are they using the T1 alphas for?
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Finally, you have V7 rewards, which don’t really help endgame players all that much. No T2 alphas, no 6* sig stones, no 6* rank up gems, not even any T1 alphas.

So T5B, T5CC, and 6* shards don't really help endgame players all that much. T1 alpha on the other hand, that's what end game players need?

What we have here is a paradox. You seem to think that the 5* shards, the 5* rank up gem, and the 5* awakening crystal are not helpful rewards to an endgame player. Fair enough: if you think that an end game player no longer ranks up 5* champs. But no 6* rank up requires T1 alphas. What player doesn't want a 5* r4->r5 rank up gem, but *does* want T1 alphas? What are they using the T1 alphas for?
    Fair point. What I meant to really say is that the rewards appear stale because it’s just a copy and paste job from the other two previous variants and that it would be nice to upgrade some of the rewards like the R2->R3 gems and to provide some T1/T2 alphas to upgrade 5* champions. The shards, T5CC, R4-R5 class gem, and awakening gem are very useful.

The V7 rewards are nice, it’s just that I expected more for exploration. It’s like Kabam see how players love V6 and just copied the reward structure without putting too much thought into it. A lot of endgame players are struggling to accumulate T2 alphas and would like the T5b/T2a ratio to match 6* rank ups.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Fair point. What I meant to really say is that the rewards appear stale because it’s just a copy and paste job from the other two previous variants and that it would be nice to upgrade some of the rewards like the R2->R3 gems and to provide some T1/T2 alphas to upgrade 5* champions. The shards, T5CC, R4-R5 class gem, and awakening gem are very useful.

The V7 rewards are nice, it’s just that I expected more for exploration. It’s like Kabam see how players love V6 and just copied the reward structure without putting too much thought into it. A lot of endgame players are struggling to accumulate T2 alphas and would like the T5b/T2a ratio to match 6* rank ups.
    I think the Variants offering a lot of high value 5* rewards is a good thing for what their difficulty intrinsically targets. Variants (to me) exist in a transition period roughly around early to mid Cav. These are players who are starting to move towards focusing more on 6* rank ups but still haven't completely shifted away from 5* rank ups. For such players the Variants offer *some* 6* stuff appropriate to a player that is still shifting towards 6* champs, but also easing the pressure on ranking up 5* champs. In effect, those rewards help with the transition because every r4/r5 rank up gem they get is a bunch of T5B and T2A they can save for 6* rank ups, and if they spend them on a useful 5* champ it will still help with progress overall.

And once you get past that point, high Cav to TB players are going to tend to find the content much easier to do, and commensurately the rewards themselves will be less important to direct progress but also more "for fun" rewards. As those players are devoting most of their resources to 6* rank ups, there's a tendency to be unable to rank any 5* champs due to rank up resource bottlenecks, and the 5* rank up gems give them "an excuse" to do rank ups "for fun" that are not critical to progress. Experimental rank ups, say, or roster fill ins for a champ they are struggling to snag as a 6* or a synergy champ they don't want to drag around as a low rank.

When you're spending all your resources on "essentials" it can be good break when the game hands you something you literally cannot spend on an essential, forcing you to take a break from the rat race. As a player moves from Uncollected to Cav to Thronebreaker, the Variant rewards act as a kind of transition between high 5* and low 6* roster focus. Instead of jumping abruptly between the two, players can use Variant rewards to ease across that transition, and when they are finally fully across to Thronebreaker the Variants become less transitional rewards and more entertaining non-progressional ones.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    @Kabam Miike

I had a post in this thread that is no longer here. It was on point. It was game related. Why is it no longer here? What’s the deal? Why was it deleted? Why are my posts getting deleted? Which mod is deleting posts? Whats the problem?

And yes, underwhelming.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    why did i have this thread bookmarked :0