**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cannot Join AQ - Two AQs? EDIT: Can Join, but two AQs are up

Comments

• TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Do the right thing and start AQ 24 hours later with a 2 day break between next series to bring the schedule back in line. Don't punish the players further by throwing the whole timing of this series completely off
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    They don't care
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm not the one making the decisions. That's what they went with. They've stated they're not interested in doing that because it affects the next Round and the time between.

As a group leader in an alliance and one of the people who regularly deals with timing and scheduling for an international timezone-spread group and alliance, I really have literally no idea what possible reason there could be for prioritizing the spacing between rounds over the daily timing schedule of map starts. There are three days between AQ rounds. Reducing that to two days would affect our alliance exactly not at all, and I cannot conceive of a general non-manufactured reason why that would matter.

AQ already has a three day buffer between rounds. What I want to know is what possible reason could there be to disrupt the daily timing schedule just to make sure that three day buffer doesn't become a two day buffer. And I really want to know how reducing the three day buffer to two days could possibly affect the next AQ round. It would still start at the same time, on the same day. Do we have players that hibernate for three days in between AQ rounds that would be negatively affected? AQ sequences are already eight days long which makes them start and end out of cycle with the seven day week already: eventually AQ starts on every day and ends on every day of the week. Changing the AQ schedule by one whole day doesn't create any harm that the eight day schedule doesn't already cause. Changing the AQ start times by eight hours or more does create actual harm.

If Kabam is fixated on this solution, nothing I say will change their minds. But I still feel compelled to express my belief that this is the worst possible way to address the problem, and challenge anyone to come up with a reason why a one day delay is somehow worse than a random time restart.

I'm not debating people voicing themselves. Everyone has that right. I'm simply relaying what was said. I understand where you're coming from. If I could help more, I would. I just don't make the decisions. I'm just stating the logic that it's always a different Time Zone somewhere. People can voice what they like. I don't dispute that.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    @KabamMiike, it is extremely imperative that AQ now be delayed a full 24 hours, until tomorrow. Everyone works out their schedule based on the set time it already goes live. To plan ahead a players lane setup, energy usage, who moves first, then who moves in tandem in accordance with them, etc, etc, etc - especially for Map 6 is no easy task. Now, to re-format, because of a later start time that is & was clearly a fault not of our own, takes much more planning than previously before.

Many people will not be able to move, paths will have to be altered, so you better expect many top tier alliances to share account & so forth, in order to accommodate their fellow alliance comrades. This should just be pushed over until tomorrow, regular time. Doesn't really matter if our AQ downtime will be short a day. Many of us actually enjoy running AQ. I'm sure many won't mind only 1 day off, just to have this fixed & all sorted out properly.
  • NoirextNoirext Posts: 8
    I'm not the one making the decisions. That's what they went with. They've stated they're not interested in doing that because it affects the next Round and the time between.

As a group leader in an alliance and one of the people who regularly deals with timing and scheduling for an international timezone-spread group and alliance, I really have literally no idea what possible reason there could be for prioritizing the spacing between rounds over the daily timing schedule of map starts. There are three days between AQ rounds. Reducing that to two days would affect our alliance exactly not at all, and I cannot conceive of a general non-manufactured reason why that would matter.

AQ already has a three day buffer between rounds. What I want to know is what possible reason could there be to disrupt the daily timing schedule just to make sure that three day buffer doesn't become a two day buffer. And I really want to know how reducing the three day buffer to two days could possibly affect the next AQ round. It would still start at the same time, on the same day. Do we have players that hibernate for three days in between AQ rounds that would be negatively affected? AQ sequences are already eight days long which makes them start and end out of cycle with the seven day week already: eventually AQ starts on every day and ends on every day of the week. Changing the AQ schedule by one whole day doesn't create any harm that the eight day schedule doesn't already cause. Changing the AQ start times by eight hours or more does create actual harm.

If Kabam is fixated on this solution, nothing I say will change their minds. But I still feel compelled to express my belief that this is the worst possible way to address the problem, and challenge anyone to come up with a reason why a one day delay is somehow worse than a random time restart.

Don't worry too much about it; it will be a miracle if they sort this thing out in less than 24 hours.
    You will be getting your 1-day delay in the end.
    edited June 2017
    Hey All,

I know that many of you feel that we should be changing the start time of this event to 12 pm PDT tomorrow, but there are a few reasons that we cannot do this, aside from the shifting of the schedule. A major one has to do with the scheduling and ability to move on any issues that may arise, being as it is a Saturday.

We will be issuing all refunds to Alliance treasuries within the next hour, and starting the next round of Alliance Quests at 4pm PDT (approx 1 hour away).

That's not ideal, man. 4pm PDT is 7pm my time. 7pm my time, is 12-1 am for my Euro guys. Not even counting my other foreign players. Smh

Only way this will work accordingly, & in everyone's favor, is if we are issued 30 min timers tonight, & AQ be able to start again tomorrow at regular time, if we finish before the time starting tonight.
    Shifting it tomorrow may cause us to have to work on the weekend and seeing is that we are the ones who caused all the issues we don't feel it's fair that we be the ones that have to deal with them
    Hey All,

I know that many of you feel that we should be changing the start time of this event to 12 pm PDT tomorrow, but there are a few reasons that we cannot do this, aside from the shifting of the schedule. A major one has to do with the scheduling and ability to move on any issues that may arise, being as it is a Saturday.

We will be issuing all refunds to Alliance treasuries within the next hour, and starting the next round of Alliance Quests at 4pm PDT (approx 1 hour away).

I'm sorry Miike, that's just not good enough. I understand it's not your personal decision but the game teams decision to do that so they can enjoy their weekend whilst disrupting the weekend of their customers is unacceptable
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Hey All,

Sooo...you can't start aq with 24h delay because you don't work on saturdays? That's your reason??
  • GMHZ8GMHZ8 Posts: 1
    This is getting ridiculous. Couldn't log on for AW last night. Started AQ early this morning and started clearing map now AQ isn't even in the menu like it hasn't started. Kabam how about looking after your loyal player's for once in your life.
    Because even they have to admit there is next to no chance this goes well
  • Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35
    Will we be at least receiving 30 minute timers to help allievate the issues this delay will ultimately cause for schedules?
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Team: "Boss AQ is screwed up, what do we do?"
    Boss: "Cancel it and start it later"
    Team: "But, but...that will put a lot of pressure on players...I thought we didn't want that?"
    Boss: "Huh? Who cares?"
    Team: "I thought...you know...since we don't want to give them 30 min timers...as that puts pressure on guys that can't log in as often...so we should do the same with AQ and postpone it by a day?"
    Boss: "To postpone it and work...ON SATURDAY??? Yeah ok no problem. Who wants to stay here tomorrow on unpaid hours and monitor AQ??"
    Team: ".........See ya Monday boss!"
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    Our alliance info shows AQ was started 3 times. Hope we weren't charged for 3. The double refund will still be screwing us.
  • Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Hey All,

Sooo...you can't start aq with 24h delay because you don't work on saturdays? That's your reason??

No. That's only one concern, but it is an important one. With the rocky start that happened today, we want to start the series when we have all hands on deck, and have every possible resource available, like we do on a weekday afternoon.

This is an absolutely absurd comment out of you Mike. It is not our fault something like this happened. I work at NBC in the QA/Bugs division. If something this dramatic happened at my work we would come in and make sure everything is running smoothly for Monday.

Get back to work cause it's not "Saturday". Good lord
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Hey All,

But Miike, if you start AQ late in the afternoon on a Friday, by the time people start reporting problems it will essentially already be Saturday for all intents and purposes. In my experience, Friday night is just as bad a time for a problem to crop up as Saturday morning, if not worse. Who's going to be around at 6PM, 8PM, or later on Friday night to deal with any problems that arise?

And what happens if there is a problem with the 4PM start? We don't restart AQ until Monday?

I understand Kabam's situation here, I really genuinely do. But it is a statement of fact that Kabam has a solution to the problem that is technically feasible and virtually all players would approve of, and a solution to the problem that is also technically feasible that almost none of the players seem to approve of. Because there are no technical hurdles for either solution, this is entirely a question of choice. Kabam is choosing to implement the solution players oppose, and will harm them the most. I cannot in any way support that decision.
  • Ants44Ants44 Posts: 2
    You have not addressed or commented on any of the concerns for teams with multinational rosters and the disruption this causes teams. At what point are you going to finally stop trying to justify things and admit there is little concern for the players. Just be real with us all because it is getting sickening. The game is in a horrible for 2 months are we are supposed to be satisfied with a 2 month later (almost fix) and some "scrap". Some freaking scrap?! I've stood by this game for 3 years , convinced alot of my team to stick by this game with hope and trust kabam would do what was right to keep such a successful app above water and it is truly sad how you guys feel about the player base and what you have done for us...

Oh stop they don't care if you start reporting bugs. Look at the response time with the android issue
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Hey All,

No. That's only one concern, but it is an important one. With the rocky start that happened today, we want to start the series when we have all hands on deck, and have every possible resource available, like we do on a weekday afternoon.

Awesome... Just awesome... Again, another case of ignoring what the community needs, and doing what is easy for your team.

There is a difference between what's right, and what's easy.

Hell, at this point I am happier if you cancel the whole week AQ, FIX what's wrong with your game, and start in a week's time.

You promised this kind of ignorance of the community wouldn't happen again after 12.0... You haven't changed.
    Wow... Just noticed the Saturday comment from Miike. Unbelievable...
    We wanted honesty. Well........
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    yup, disregard the fact that we have to work around time zones....
  • CanadabobCanadabob Posts: 3
    This is a little ridiculous I'm sorry that waiting until tomorrow doesn't work for you but starting 4 hours late doesn't work for your players on a Friday night many of us have plans but make sure we meet certain commitments, these are no longer possible for us, not to mention those alliances with players overseas and the issues that can cause. The best solution is to make a game without such significant bugs, the 2nd best is to pay a few guys for just in case overtime and hope your fixes worked, before you try and enjoy your weekend.
    Cristalman wrote: »
    You know that AQ will start on saturday next week and the week after on sunday?
    Will it be alright or too disturbating for the team?

And Cristalman for the win. Well played sir. What excuse we got to counter this Miike?