**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So I donated loyalty using units by mistake ...

dachiesidachiesi Posts: 26
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Has anyone ever gotten Kabaam to cancel units transactions like this?

I got a gift card, bought units. Remembered, Hey, donations this week are 7k loyalty. I typed 7000 into the bottom donation window, pressed donate without thinking, and bam, all my units are gone.

I *have* submitted a ticket to Kabaam to try to help, but I wonder if any of you have ever done this or know if they will be able to refund those units back? Another MMO I played said they would fix up to 3 bonehead mistakes a year, and I'm just hoping hoping hoping.

Comments

• Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I did this a few weeks ago (thankfully only 400 units were there so they couldn't take 7k) and just talked to the other officers to let them know I covered my loyalty donations for the next month. Yours is more like a year's worth though, so hopefully they can help you out.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Funny thing is, if I lost that much and kabam didn't reverse it I'd be unlikely to spend again. But if they did reverse it then I'd hold them in a better light.
  • Options
    RustRust Posts: 30
    mistake are made, learn and move on
  • Options
    Vinh225 wrote: »
    But did you really lose 7000 units?! That's crazy.

Nah only a few hundred, it snapped it down to a lower number when i put it in
  • Options
    I've always hated that they put that window there. It should say X loyalty = Y units instead so you can tell you're doing something dumb.
  • Options
    Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    dachiesi wrote: »
    Vinh225 wrote: »
    But did you really lose 7000 units?! That's crazy.

Nah only a few hundred, it snapped it down to a lower number when i put it in

That's good to hear. I was seriously worried for someone who had lost 7000 units.
  • Options
    Rust wrote: »
    mistake are made, learn and move on

Yep, it's not the end of the world. Just wondering if anyone's ever gotten Kabaam to do this. I know they have records of every transaction, with some of the things they do to catch modders and cheaters
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    I did this a few weeks ago (thankfully only 400 units were there so they couldn't take 7k) and just talked to the other officers to let them know I covered my loyalty donations for the next month. Yours is more like a year's worth though, so hopefully they can help you out.

It ended up being 67k loyalty so it was probly 670 or so units? We'll see how long that covers me lol
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I donate my loyalty with units every week, have done for months.
    Units are easier to get than loyalty
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    An alliance member did this 3 months ago, and got his units returned after submitting a ticket.
  • Options
    The_One wrote: »

Hmm, come to think of it ... I think my 670ish units became 67,000 loyalty ... does that make 100 loyalty per unit? Not a bad idea if i ever want to save up loyalty again . . .
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »

I'm asking for a couple months, donated 67k loyalty : )
  • Options
    WELL WELL!!

Nicely done, Kabam!

"Mr. Flamingo" was very helpful. He restored all my units and said they understand that mistakes happen. All within 24 hours too, on a Saturday. Very impressed!

• Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Not long ago and alliance member made that mistake. They sent in a ticket and was able to get their units back

EDIT: Worth noting, after receiving the units back his treasury donations stayed in the treasury
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Something like that happened to me but mine glitched out after I put the number in and it took a couple hundred instead which sucks but there's nothing you can do about it
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Glad to hear you got the units back! But this exact scenario is why I never disabled the Confirmation boxes for donating. I fat-fingered donating some BC once, and damn near donated 13k units, but the confimations saved my bacon (and likely my phone).
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★

Hmm, come to think of it ... I think my 670ish units became 67,000 loyalty ... does that make 100 loyalty per unit? Not a bad idea if i ever want to save up loyalty again . . .

You don't think they'll put a 6* in loyalty store?
    I was saving for 5* UC but I've gone past that and I'm holding on to my loyalty just in case
  • Options
    Biro wrote: »
    Kabam support is total wast of time one of the worst service you will ever see in the world
    I unlocked a mastery by mistake I told them
    Their answer was
    Sorry we can't help you
    Damn if you receive a reply
    Thank God .... it wasn't an automatic reply as they always send automatic replies
    When they reply me Their reply always makes me rage on the game
    Becuase they never help you out
    They either can'l or investigate

Did you read the thread? They were quite helpful actually. Perhaps if you tone down the negativity you might get a better response.
  • Options
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    I would leave the game

I guess that's the way people react these days, but honestly sometimes just taking a moment to communicate with people has good effects.

It worked great for me.
  • Options

You don't think they'll put a 6* in loyalty store?
    I was saving for 5* UC but I've gone past that and I'm holding on to my loyalty just in case

You're probably right, but at 6* UC would be really impossible to dupe! And he's not that much without a dupe. However I will be saving my loyalty and using units to pay alliance dues. It adds up pretty quick!