**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Did you enjoy the side event

I didn't enjoy this months side quest I feel as if they are getting much more confusing and complex for seemingly no reason as to why. I was one on the people who quit mid quest and went back in and thought it was a bug, I almost missed out the really big reward because I didn't know. What I hope to do with this is ask who else is enjoying it because I haven't the side quests have been steadily becoming more complicated and I hope to get others options because if we are frustrated we should say. I feel as if this is the last straw with missing the final objective. Kabam countiues to loom thronebreaker over cav player every chance that I get it seems even with things like the doublooms and it's reward strucker. At the end of the day I think side quests should be something we enjoy and shouldn't be harder then caviler eq and died more in the side quest then I did in the monthly, it just feels more punishing then rewarding.

Did you enjoy the side event 302 votes

Yes I enjoyed it
28%
Haji_SaabVerzzDarkrider05YoMovescaptaincushFatalEndThatGuyYouSaw235Hammerbro_64damianohmFurious_Fighter1RasiloverNukeCupidCyborgNinja135Heattblasttmanveertherealredsoxpatsfan89Raichu626TawliGhostboytjie 87 votes
No I didn't enjoy it
71%
Crine60TheTAbyssDrZolaSnizzbarErza_ScarletHorror_punkSpity68benshbFabiusBRDuMonULuciusVorenusAjisdopeMSRDLDGK_23TheVyrusF4k3_GaM3rAspenLvernon15Pwf57CropDuster 215 votes

Comments

• KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I felt as if people would love it or hate it
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Got me closer to tb, but it was never about just that. Little stuff along the way were helpful to pick up from the sq when the rng was right. Guaranteed stuff feels more helpful, but I definitely think I got out of it what I expected to. So I’m pretty 50/50 myself
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    Eh, it was alright.
    Average rewards, bit too RNG dependant for my taste.
    Some of the node combinations was annoying, especially that Dr Strange on the nullification node. His sp2 hurts.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Terra said:

Eh, it was alright.
    Some of the node combinations was annoying, especially that Dr Strange on the nullification node. His sp2 hurts.

Rewards were okay, not that great. I appreciated the amt of gold since I lack on gold quite a bit. One thing, I hate was the repetitiveness of it (and the RNG of course). Yeah I can relate to that Dr. Strange. Sometimes I manage to somehow dex it. Usually I just bring in my Void so he never gains power again. Pretty fun to do.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Terra said:

Eh, it was alright.

Rewards were okay, not that great. I appreciated the amt of gold since I lack on gold quite a bit. One thing, I hate was the repetitiveness of it (and the RNG of course). Yeah I can relate to that Dr. Strange. Sometimes I manage to somehow dex it. Usually I just bring in my Void so he never gains power again. Pretty fun to do.
    Yeah, the rewards were okay for what it was. I liked the 50k gold deposits, really helped since I'm always in a drought haha.
    Yeah it felt a tiny bit repetitive, but not too much since the fights where always changing.
    Yeah, that DS. Annoying. His sp2 is one of the few I always had issue evading. Can evade the first beam, then get clipped by beam 2 n 3. I just used Voodoo with spirit venom, block tactic.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    Considering I got 3 stacks of Gold in every turn and I have 17mil Gold as well as the fact that Sig Stones were only 1 no matter if it was Class or Generic

I didn’t like this Event
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    The rewards I got were trash mostly. I mean, there is a lot of bs rng allergy in the game, why add it even more like that.
    If they replaced rewards with with some store, would've be much better imo.
    Overall pretty grindy and boring
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    Objective rewards were great, but the rest of it was just not fun and more of a burden. The RNG aspect of the rewards in the quest was not great also the champs on the path were too repetitive, twice I had to fight platinumpool like 5 times in one quest, wasn't hard just annoying. Once I hit all the objectives I stopped doing it, just not worth it for some average rewards.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I just played it for 5* AG and not even for 5* Featured Crystal. Once I completed that objective, I didn't participate in the quest. Its was too boring for me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I think most people will be on the 50/50 part. If you got lucky on a run, it was a nice surprise but if you didn't get lucky on run which most of your runs will probably be, then it's a bit long and boring.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I keep getting gold....
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It was ok... not very convoluted which is good, rewards were handed out in such a tiny amount at a time though that it often didn’t feel worth it.
    Also being completely rng dependant was terrible.
    Plus side is that it was quick and easy so there’s that I guess.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoyed it
    I actually enjoyed the SQ more than I thought I would. May be that is because I got good rewards( it is a big part), but also it was because it was random defenders every time. It was not challenging but it was easy to understand, zero energy, could be done anytime of the month, not monotonous and you could skip the fights if you did not like it.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I didn't venomously hate it...
    What I didn't like mainly was the uncertainty of what you were going to get on a daily basis. I think for many, the point of playing is to progress and work towards rewards that will help you do that. If you don't know what it is you're going to win in advance, and could quite often be a load of rubbish, it doesn't give you that drive to play.

The fights were pretty easy and I only used a couple of revives over the month, which for a top level SQ is good. The process wasn't really time consuming, it was about 15-20 mins a day to complete. And it being energy free helped the other aspects of the game. But, and it's a big but, these points don't make an event exciting or enjoyable. They are simply deflective ways of giving excuses on why it wasn't so bad.

What I dislike the most about all SQ's now, and the OP mentioned it too, is the necessity for doing homework on the whole event before actually playing. Because in many circumstances if you do just go in and play, you'll quite easily end up missing out on rewards if you don't maximize the potential of entries or different rooms etc.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    The process and general formula was good, just that RNG is no one's favorite guest at a party
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I didn't enjoy it, but they tried something different and I did appreciate that.
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    Yes I enjoyed it
    I don’t think it was that bad but it got a bit repetitive
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    Nah, especially since I got bad RNG.

We could've gotten the keys through a Calendar, the amount of runs could've been condensed, and the rewards could've been static.

Making the rewards randomized on the front-end just made bad rolls feel worse, the grind feel longer, and makes at least 50% of players feel underwhelmed or shorted. Especially when the rewards were spread out in so many chunks.

It's a head thing, but head things are very important in game design.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    It was fine. There have been better and worse side events.
  • legrindlegrind Posts: 81
    No I didn't enjoy it
    2k 6 star shards, 12k 5 star shards for running an quest 30 times over a month with 7 enemies. "Fun and interactive"
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    No I didn't enjoy it
    I got 900 6* shards and it was the same every time. Among my least favorite sqs.