Cable with Apocalypse Synergy - WOW!

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,018 ★★★
I took a chance to rank 5 my Cable with the Apocalypse synergy - it was WELL worth it.

For those of you on the fence, I can honestly say Cable is an absolute beast with stacking degeneration debuffs (he can consistently take down Winter Soldier in about 50 hits). His regeneration chance every time he gains a bar of power is also an underrated bit of utility. For what it’s worth - I think that synergy is absolutely golden for both champions.

Comments

  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,803 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:


    Listening intently.

    It’s a terrific trio. You get all kinds of immunities, AAR, DoT, regen, power gain with that threesome.

    It’s a potent axis that covers so many things on which you can drop any other pair of additional champs.

    Dr. Zola
    They all fit very nicely into the protect AW meta as well as all are L or XL champs.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 102
    I just started using Cable as my Horseman with Apoc instead of AA recently, and I agree with the OP completely. Also helps that it frees up a team slot (was using Cable as support previously) without sacrificing much if anything.

    Didn’t know about the Warlock synergy. Gonna start testing that out in the EQ later today.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,195 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:


    Listening intently.

    It’s a terrific trio. You get all kinds of immunities, AAR, DoT, regen, power gain with that threesome.

    It’s a potent axis that covers so many things on which you can drop any other pair of additional champs.

    Dr. Zola
    Awesome sauce!
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 321 ★★
    I always hate seeing these posts about Cable because it makes me want to rank up mine, but I have so many other champs to rank up, that it messes up my plans about who is next.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 424 ★★★
    Astounds said:

    I always hate seeing these posts about Cable because it makes me want to rank up mine, but I have so many other champs to rank up, that it messes up my plans about who is next.

    This. I decided to rank Prof X and then Wolverine ahead of Cable but I’m tempted. If I got Stryfe or Warlock at 5* or above I’d do it in a heartbeat. It’s tempting though....
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 247 ★★
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 247 ★★
    edited May 10
    My R3 Cable while he was bugged which is a bit less damage so better now after the fix. This is with suicides and unboosted
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,194 ★★★


    Listening intently.

    🤣
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,848 ★★★★★
    yupp I thought kd was insane but he was actually right
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,194 ★★★

    Never thought to use him as horseman with bleed suicides. Thus far I've used him as support with Apocalypse and wolverine. I knew his degeneration was great but wow!!
    Maybe I should r2 my duped 6* cable. I just got 6* Apocalypse and r2 him right away. Almost enough to r3 him. Thx all for this post.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 3,700 ★★★★★
    Yeah my R5 Gem from the latest Variant was another Mutant so I had no reason not the Rank Cabke up when I've already got Apocalypse and 3 or 4 Horseman Gods Ranked Up.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,295 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

    DrZola said:


    Listening intently.

    It’s a terrific trio. You get all kinds of immunities, AAR, DoT, regen, power gain with that threesome.

    It’s a potent axis that covers so many things on which you can drop any other pair of additional champs.

    Dr. Zola
    They all fit very nicely into the protect AW meta as well as all are L or XL champs.
    I’m still laughing at the handful of disagrees I got in this thread—would seriously love to see any credible argument against the utility of Cable, Apoc and Warlock in the current meta.

    Dr. Zola
  • Speedro420Speedro420 Posts: 991 ★★★★

    Yeah my R5 Gem from the latest Variant was another Mutant so I had no reason not the Rank Cabke up when I've already got Apocalypse and 3 or 4 Horseman Gods Ranked Up.

    Variant games are a blessing for the older Horseman Gods, save so much of those valuable T4 mutant Cc that I never seem to pull. I’m constantly 20/20 on every class but have 6 mutant lol.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 247 ★★
    DrZola said:

    Haji_Saab said:

    DrZola said:


    Listening intently.

    It’s a terrific trio. You get all kinds of immunities, AAR, DoT, regen, power gain with that threesome.

    It’s a potent axis that covers so many things on which you can drop any other pair of additional champs.

    Dr. Zola
    They all fit very nicely into the protect AW meta as well as all are L or XL champs.
    I’m still laughing at the handful of disagrees I got in this thread—would seriously love to see any credible argument against the utility of Cable, Apoc and Warlock in the current meta.

    Dr. Zola
    I saw a guy get spammed with disagrees for just saying congrats on another summoner’s progress. You can’t pay it much attention.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,664 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Haji_Saab said:

    DrZola said:


    Listening intently.

    It’s a terrific trio. You get all kinds of immunities, AAR, DoT, regen, power gain with that threesome.

    It’s a potent axis that covers so many things on which you can drop any other pair of additional champs.

    Dr. Zola
    They all fit very nicely into the protect AW meta as well as all are L or XL champs.
    I’m still laughing at the handful of disagrees I got in this thread—would seriously love to see any credible argument against the utility of Cable, Apoc and Warlock in the current meta.

    Dr. Zola
    There is no credible argument there, IMO..
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,664 ★★★★★
    limeade32 said:

    Take Cable as a Horseman into the Cav difficulty 3.2, which has Biohazard. Cheesy goodness.

    I took Cable to 6sr2, and he's in line for r3 behind Magneto.

    Magnetos way better don’t get me wrong, but I would go cable if you use him a lot. Magnetos kinda so good at what he does you don’t need him at rank 3 imo. The extra hp is nice, but your basically killing on then first hit of your sp3 instead of the third. I have literally no experience with rank 3 champs whatsoever but I know magneto is really good and he might be overkill at rank 3 at this point in the game.
    I have considered it and won’t be making this decision for 2-3 months, depending on the RNG of T5cc openings. Because Cable can access regen, he is sustainable and might not need the additional health you get at r3. Either one will be a good choice.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 247 ★★

    limeade32 said:

    Take Cable as a Horseman into the Cav difficulty 3.2, which has Biohazard. Cheesy goodness.

    I took Cable to 6sr2, and he's in line for r3 behind Magneto.

    Magnetos way better don’t get me wrong, but I would go cable if you use him a lot. Magnetos kinda so good at what he does you don’t need him at rank 3 imo. The extra hp is nice, but your basically killing on then first hit of your sp3 instead of the third. I have literally no experience with rank 3 champs whatsoever but I know magneto is really good and he might be overkill at rank 3 at this point in the game.
    I have considered it and won’t be making this decision for 2-3 months, depending on the RNG of T5cc openings. Because Cable can access regen, he is sustainable and might not need the additional health you get at r3. Either one will be a good choice.
    Cable will benefit more from the base attack increase is what he means, magneto prowess scaling pretty much covers his attack area and if you using him vs metal champs you dont really need the hp either tbh since most blocks will be perfect blocks. Cable has a rather low block proficiency compared to other champs.
Sign In or Register to comment.