Easier To Read Annihilus Buff Idea

ROADHOGGERSROADHOGGERS Member Posts: 33
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So some of you have been saying that the original post was too hard to read. So I made another discussion that can be read easier.

Annihilus has been a champion that is impractical. He does have damage potential but it is very impractical if you ask me. You have to apply to stifle to the opponent, pause it with sp1 and then use sp2 to convert the stifles into fury buffs. However, the stifles only last for 4 seconds and the pause on the sp1 only lasts 6 seconds, meaning that you and your opponent have to be very aggressive for the damage output or you lose all the stifles. Also when you are aggressive, you don't want to waste your time baiting and evading opponents' specials, and Annihilus doesn't have power control as an attacker. So far, he is very impractical and doesn't have many utilities other than immunities and being able to apply lots of debuffs but I believe that he has the potential to be a champion like Guardian or Sunspot when given simple value-only buffs.

The following is my idea of Annihilus' value-only buff idea. The bold words represent the change I would like to see. Now l will show you how I want Annihilus' value-only buff to be in order.

Cosmic Control Rod - Annilulius gains the cosmic control rod at the start of the fight. Whenever the buff is removed in any way, it is replaced after 5 seconds Gains immunity to coldsnap, frostbite, incinerate, power drain, power steal, power lock, enervate, shock, and also gains 50% resistance to bleed

Obliterating Strikes - While the cosmic rod is active, all attacks have a 70% chance to be an obliterating strike. Obliterating strikes aren't affected by ability accuracy reduction. Obliterating strikes have a 100% to armor break the opponent, reducing armor rating by 750 for 10 seconds. Annihilus is immune to stun debuffs when launching an obliterating strike. Stifle(Max 30 stacks) - Whenever Annihilus would inflict an armor break, he also has a 100% chance to inflict stifle. reducing defensive combat power rate by 9% for 12 seconds(the opponent's defensive combat power rate reduction can be 60% maximum from this ability -

IT'S MIIIINE--! - When the cosmic control rod is removed, gain three fury buffs each increasing attack by 150% for 15 seconds

Special attack 1 -The attack rating for this attack is increased by 150% Each hit pauses stifle on the opponent for 12 seconds Any paused stifles increase Annihilus' combat power rate by 5% each(maximum of 50% increase from this ability) as long as the stifles are paused

Special attack 2 - The base attack rating of this attack is increased by 200%On activation, convert all stifles on the opponent to fury buffs that increase Annihilus' base attack by 50% each that lasts for 20 seconds. While this fury buff is active, Annihilus cannot gain any additional furies until this fury buff expires

Special Attack 3 - The attack rating of this attack is increased by 250%. Once per fight, inflict permanent five armor breaks that reduce armor rating by 1150 Awakened Ability -

Tremble before me - While Annihilus' opponent is close to the wall, Annihilus gains passive altitude that increases the potency of Annihilus' personal buffs and debuffs applied to the opponent by 40%~100% While Annihilus is close to the wall, gain brutality passive, increasing physical resistance, energy resistance by 1000 and also gains 20% crit resistance, 15% block penetration, 500 additional armor rating

So that's it, a value-only buff that I believe that will make him Guardian or Sunspot level. This buff will show you the true potential of Annihilus and I'm hoping to see this buff live in the game!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ROADHOGGERSROADHOGGERS Member Posts: 33
    Annihilus has been a champion that is impractical. He does have damage potential but it is very impractical if you ask me. You have to apply to stifle to the opponent, pause it with sp1 and then use sp2 to convert the stifles into fury buffs. However, the stifles only last for 4 seconds and the pause on the sp1 only lasts 6 seconds, meaning that you and your opponent have to be very aggressive for the damage output or you lose all the stifles. Also when you are aggressive, you don't want to waste your time baiting and evading opponents' specials, and Annihilus doesn't have power control as an attacker. So far, he is very impractical and doesn't have many utilities other than immunities and being able to apply lots of debuffs but I believe that he has the potential to be a champion like Guardian or Sunspot when given simple value-only buffs. The following is my idea of Annihilus' value-only buff idea. The bold words represent the change I would like to see. Now l will show you how I want Annihilus' value-only buff to be in order. Cosmic Control Rod - Annilulius gains the cosmic control rod at the start of the fight. Whenever the buff is removed in any way, it is replaced after 5 seconds Gains immunity to coldsnap, frostbite, incinerate, power drain, power steal, power lock, enervate, shock, and also gains 50% resistance to bleed Obliterating Strikes - While the cosmic rod is active, all attacks have a 70% chance to be an obliterating strike. Obliterating strikes aren't affected by ability accuracy reduction. Obliterating strikes have a 100% to armor break the opponent, reducing armor rating by 750 for 10 seconds. Annihilus is immune to stun debuffs when launching an obliterating strike. Stifle(Max 30 stacks) - Whenever Annihilus would inflict an armor break, he also has a 100% chance to inflict stifle. reducing defensive combat power rate by 9% for 12 seconds(the opponent's defensive combat power rate reduction can be 60% maximum from this ability - IT'S MIIIINE--! - When the cosmic control rod is removed, gain three fury buffs each increasing attack by 150% for 15 seconds Special attack 1 -The attack rating for this attack is increased by 150% Each hit pauses stifle on the opponent for 12 seconds Any paused stifles increase Annihilus' combat power rate by 5% each(maximum of 50% increase from this ability) as long as the stifles are paused Special attack 2 - The base attack rating of this attack is increased by 200%On activation, convert all stifles on the opponent to fury buffs that increase Annihilus' base attack by 50% each that lasts for 20 seconds. While this fury buff is active, Annihilus cannot gain any additional furies until this fury buff expires Special Attack 3 - The attack rating of this attack is increased by 250%. Once per fight, inflict permanent five armor breaks that reduce armor rating by 1150 Awakened Ability - Tremble before me - While Annihilus' opponent is close to the wall, Annihilus gains passive altitude that increases the potency of Annihilus' personal buffs and debuffs applied to the opponent by 40%~100% While Annihilus is close to the wall, gain brutality passive, increasing physical resistance, energy resistance by 1000 and also gains 20% crit resistance, 15% block penetration, 500 additional armor rating So that's it, a value-only buff that I believe that will make him Guardian or Sunspot level. This buff will show you the true potential of Annihilus and I'm hoping to see this buff live in the game!
    #Buff_Annihilus
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

IKON said:

Gonna have to add some paragraphs if you expect me to read it.

Do you really need images to read? It only takes a minute or two to read this.
    He was not talking about any image. But paragraphs make it easier to read.
    To the point you make, Annihilus already got a value update after he was released and it is extremely unlikely that he would get another. As a owner of a duped annihilus, I would like for him to get the update very much, don't have much hope though.
    IKON said:

I did
    Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

Do you really need images to read? It only takes a minute or two to read this.
    He was not talking about any image. But paragraphs make it easier to read.
    To the point you make, Annihilus already got a value update after he was released and it is extremely unlikely that he would get another. As a owner of a duped annihilus, I would like for him to get the update very much, don't have much hope though.
    No, his original post was "Gonna have to add some images if you expect me to read it"
    What you are suggesting is not a value only buff. It's more like a moderate update.
    1) He does not need a change in the cosmic rod mechanic. What you are suggesting will make him more annoying in defense.
    2) Armor break duration increase is fine, the rating reduction is not that important for the most part.
    3) Other changes you make basically increase his damage, my problem with him is not the damage, but the rotation is impractical. Increase in stifle duration alone will make him a better attacker I think. he does not need to be OP, just more usable.
    Pulyaman said:

What you are suggesting is not a value only buff. It's more like a moderate update.
    1) He does not need a change in the cosmic rod mechanic. What you are suggesting will make him more annoying in defense.
    2) Armor break duration increase is fine, the rating reduction is not that important for the most part.
    3) Other changes you make basically increase his damage, my problem with him is not the damage, but the rotation is impractical. Increase in stifle duration alone will make him a better attacker I think. he does not need to be OP, just more usable.

I know that the numbers changes might be a bit too op. But that can be easily adjusted by changing some numbers from this. And yes, I wanted him to be more of an practical and reliable than an impractical.

Pulyaman said:

I know that the numbers changes might be a bit too op. But that can be easily adjusted by changing some numbers from this. And yes, I wanted him to be more of an practical and reliable than an impractical.
    Also the problem with his rotation is that you don't have much time to use sp1 and then sp2 to convert the stifles to furies so that's why I extended the stifle duration and the pause time on the sp1
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,351 ★★★★★
    The Thing I like the most is changing the power rate reduction to defensively as well... but it would also make him more annoying on D.

It's really hard to change defensive focused characters offensive abilities without making them far more difficult as a defender.
    IKON said:

The Thing I like the most is changing the power rate reduction to defensively as well... but it would also make him more annoying on D.

It's really hard to change defensive focused characters offensive abilities without making them far more difficult as a defender.

Ya, changing the cosmic rod refresh time to 5 seconds will make it very difficult to remove it. He only needs an increase in the stifle duration to make him practical.
    Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

Ya, changing the cosmic rod refresh time to 5 seconds will make it very difficult to remove it. He only needs an increase in the stifle duration to make him practical.
    Uhh then changing it to 10 seconds should be fine
    IKON said:

I mean, you can easily sidestep against Annihilus so Annihilus match-up is skill-based. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtLzmG5txo&ab_channel=DorkLessons

Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

Uhh then changing it to 10 seconds should be fine
    It is already 10 seconds. :| , you were the one that suggested 5 seconds.

IKON said:

I mean, you can easily sidestep against Annihilus so Annihilus match-up is skill-based. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtLzmG5txo&ab_channel=DorkLessons
    Sigh. Why would I make a match harder for myself, just to have a champ that I most probably will not use. I know he can be sidestepped, shallow dexed and all that jazz. You are giving a solution to a problem that you want to create.
    Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

Sigh. Why would I make a match harder for myself, just to have a champ that I most probably will not use. I know he can be sidestepped, shallow dexed and all that jazz. You are giving a solution to a problem that you want to create.
    So you don't want to buff an underwhelming champion just because you don't want to have more stress-fighting him?

Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

So you don't want to buff an underwhelming champion just because you don't want to have more stress-fighting him?
    I want him to be Buffed. But your buff ideas will make him more annoying on defense. Only think I want is for his stifle time to be increased and the pause duration to be increased. I don't want to touch any other abilities.
    PS- Many people gave the reason for not voting for antman is that he will become more annoying in defense. That is also a point to consider when we ask for a buff.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

I want him to be Buffed. But your buff ideas will make him more annoying on defense. Only think I want is for his stifle time to be increased and the pause duration to be increased. I don't want to touch any other abilities.
    PS- Many people gave the reason for not voting for antman is that he will become more annoying in defense. That is also a point to consider when we ask for a buff.
    and also increase the potency of the furies wont make him a better defender so let's just say that his stifles last longer and he has better furies
  • BerjibsBerjibs Member Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    IKON said:

There are ways around it. Self synergies is probably the least confusing. Two modes of abilities like hulkbuster has also been done, once afaik.

I don’t know why they don’t implement this more tbh so people can actually get some use out of these champs beyond sticking them on defence in the event that you actually give a hoot about aw.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    This feels too short, I'm looking for something with the volume of something subtle like Ulysses.