**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• Killmonger2001Killmonger2001 Posts: 10
    Pls listen to the community
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Aside from milestones, I’d say the number of people that can win the 5* basic could be increased without negatively impacting upon the game.
  • LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 18

There is a lot of negative posts here, very quickly and no positive. I think they are going to be overwhelming for a reason. With so much going on in the game, arenas are one of primary unit gain modes. New design has made this mode even more tedious than previous and has just made me angry. I hope this is a late April Fools joke or something. It doesn't seem thought out like other improvements at all. Whoever came up with "Auto" idea, maybe give them a bonus pay and whoever come up with this idea should be sacked. In event they are the same person, let them redeem themselves. Regardless, this was made with a very shallow point of view of a perspective of "summoner with crazy full roster and nothing but time on their hands". Unfortunately, this kind of shenanigans is just going to inflict bad feelings of anger and disappointment and you'll have less new customers in hopes of keeping a small percentage of your top ones. Hopefully you made them happy.

THIS THIS THIS!! At the announcement, I was excited for the change and hoped for the best. There were some good ideas. However, the execution and the "very shallow point of view" in the milestone rewards structure, made me not give a **** about arenas anymore. After an hour in each of them, it's clear that arenas are now a waste of time. DO THE ANALYSIS KABAM!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Kabam Mike doesnt say anything reassuring to the clearly disturbed players, but he sure as heck can warn me for posting about how they only actually care about money grabs LOL do something positive Mike and Kabam how about that sour puss

How has he not said anything reassuring people? He said they're listening to the constructive suggestions and the team is discussing it.
    Yeah because that will end up in something actually productive done. This happens everytime and they take nothing we say into consideration other than it's bad. Then they change it to something profitable but less bad
    If they say they're discussing it, then they're discussing it. There's enough feedback to go over here. Venting and ranting isn't helping the situation.
  • LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 18
    ABORT!!! ABORT!!! ABORT!!!

Reset to the old arena structure next week and reassess the milestone rewards (or the refresh rates, or the point structures, or whatever you need to flex to maintain the old reward-to-time ratio)
  • Noob619Noob619 Posts: 15
    Dearest Kabam you are so amazing and awesome I don't know why you have dropped the ball so hard when it comes to arena, please fix so i can continue to enjoy the game. The time i would spend grinding arena would be 14 hours a week to hit all mile stones now it will be over 20hours like a part time job to get just about the same amount of units. I really like your shard idea though. Thank you for reading my feedback.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Where are we on the "progression level dictates which arenas are available to you" idea? Is that viable? The reason they cannot just add all the old arenas back on is that it increases the total number of units available. If in fact, someone were to grind them all. Which they can't do. People keep complaining about the milestones for newer players, but no one is talking about the nice increase to non-champion rank rewards. I'm actually quite happy about the ability to grind for 6* shards. I don't want this taken away. Maybe there's a way for folks to choose what they want to grind for. Primarily units/milestones, or if they want to go for some shards via rank rewards. Idk, if Throne breaker lose access to lower arenas, this could work? Cause they wouldn't be able to grind additional units from the lower arena on top of the higher ones?

Maybe somehow rework it so that at any given progression level, there is still a max level of units you can grind?

Below Uncollected: trials only
    Uncollected - Cav: trials and basic only
    TB: basic and featured only (no access to trials)

And rework the units if needed in each? Of course, the first thing I see is that pre-UC would have the least amount of units available to them, but honestly, at that level, would they be completing all milestones in the old system anyway? No, I'd say is the answer.
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 96
    Gamer said:

2_Wheeler said:

4 stars against 6 ain’t even close

If you meant this is a dead match isn’t
    So forgive me, I’m 70 years old, what is a dead match? My comment to be succinct was that my top 4* can’t hold up against low level 6* but perhaps I wasn’t clear enough and apologize.

• juanrojas53juanrojas53 Posts: 2
    It would not be fair for players like me who are trying to grind some units to tackle the acts. I think more units are needed to do so.
  • AzeAze Posts: 11
    Pros:
    1. Can get 4* feature and basic for a known amount of effort, and not an unreasonable amount for the basic.
    2. Can still maintain streak (haven't seen any crazy match-ups yet compared to before).
    Cons:
    1. Total amount of time needed to hit a similar number of milestones is greatly increased. I would typically hit the 5* basic milestones and then the first 2-4 for the other arenas. That was a pretty reasonable feeling level of effort for the units rewarded (or at least I came to feel it was reasonable).
    2. New system makes 5* less (not?) relevant in arenas. 5*'s have a lot of relevance in the game, still, given the rarity of sig stones and dupes for 6* for all but top players. But this makes them way less useful in arenas. If they had a much shorter cooldown that might help a bit to offset the extra effort and time to use them for arena grinding, but wouldn't change/fix the time needed to use them compared to 6*'s. In my experience 6* teams give 2x the points, but the basic arena milestones went up 4x in terms of points.
    Suggestion:
    Shift the units and battle chips up so they are accessible by completing fewer milestones. Add other/more stuff into the higher milestones (arena boosts, catalysts, sig stones to keep you going?). I've never gone for a featured arena champ other than the 4* so can't comment there, but 16.5 million to get the basic milestones is huge if you don't have a lot of 6*'s.
    Limit the basic arena to 5* champs.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    You want the milestones to stay this way, or it's too much of a trouble changing them back? That 's Fine with me.
    Increase the units given on each milestone, so that players that don't have the 50+ 6* champs yet, or the time to play 4+ hours/day, because, you know, life, keep having a decent chance at some units like before.

6* arenas: 20 units/milestone, 35 units for the last two.
    4* arenas: 10 units/milestone, 15 units for the last two.

Second, add one more milestone in 6* arenas, something closer to the old 5* cutoffs, let's say..25k? And give a 5* version of the champ as a reward to achieve all milestones.

Last but not least, maybe, give a few more chips per fight. 500/set will be nice.
  • ancient_marinerancient_mariner Posts: 16
    The change in the arena is not pro player at all unfortunately! Before this new arena structure came out, one could get a total of 405 units from -
    1. 5* Featured - 12 mil - 135 units
    2. 4* Featured - 4 mil - 135 units
    3. 4* Basic - 1.5 mil - 135 units
    So one could get 405 units by scoring a total of 17.5 mil. On the hand, the new arena will require to score at least 33 mil+ to get even 400 units, which is literally impossible for most of cav player due to the number of champions in the roster.
    So, in my honest opinion, absolutely gutted by this move.
  • RallinhoRallinho Posts: 1
    The new Milestones are to high! I can only reach three of them with much more fights than before! That sucks!!
  • 2_Wheeler said:

Gamer said:

2_Wheeler said:

4 stars against 6 ain’t even close

If you meant this is a dead match isn’t
    So forgive me, I’m 70 years old, what is a dead match? My comment to be succinct was that my top 4* can’t hold up against low level 6* but perhaps I wasn’t clear enough and apologize.

It is called a "death match" @2_Wheeler
    That is a situation which occurs in arena, is synonymous with " an unwinnable fight". In higher arenas, usually this can be the case if you use "lower ranked champions". high level 4* might trigger this scenario so for the 6* arenas, it is suggested to use 5* 4/55,6* r1s and above.
    r5 4* usually do not trigger this scenario but it is possible.
  • euViniciuseuVinicius Posts: 1

Greetings Summoners!

Today, we kick off the brand new Arena System that reduces the number of Arenas and introduces 6-Star Featured Champions, as well as 5 and 6-Star Basic Heroes.

If you remember when we tried to eliminate deathmatches in the Arena, it's not always possible for us to predict how a change to Arenas will affect Summoners, so we're setting up this thread for your feedback and to report any issues!

These new Arenas may alter the Arena experience, and while some change and alteration of behaviour is to be expected, if there is anything you feel is too different or difficult, we'd like to know.

Please do not use this thread to discuss potential Arena Cutoffs. While we want to hear opinions on those as well, this thread is about the actual experience of playing in the new Arenas.

Also, please note that the "Infinite Streak" method is not being altered, but since there is no actual concrete method to achieve that, it will continue to change as more Summoners obtain more of the new highest Rank of Champions.

Greetings Summoners!

Today, we kick off the brand new Arena System that reduces the number of Arenas and introduces 6-Star Featured Champions, as well as 5 and 6-Star Basic Heroes.

If you remember when we tried to eliminate deathmatches in the Arena, it's not always possible for us to predict how a change to Arenas will affect Summoners, so we're setting up this thread for your feedback and to report any issues!

These new Arenas may alter the Arena experience, and while some change and alteration of behaviour is to be expected, if there is anything you feel is too different or difficult, we'd like to know.

Please do not use this thread to discuss potential Arena Cutoffs. While we want to hear opinions on those as well, this thread is about the actual experience of playing in the new Arenas.

Also, please note that the "Infinite Streak" method is not being altered, but since there is no actual concrete method to achieve that, it will continue to change as more Summoners obtain more of the new highest Rank of Champions.

I expected something less tiring and repetitive, now it is even more tiring to play the arena with these absurd milestones and the long cooling time of the champions. For those who are starting to play now it is even worse, two arenas will not supply beginning players. I'm very disappointed.
  • Eddy1905Eddy1905 Posts: 1
    Before that, I was able to grind units in every arena with little expenditure of time. now i have to put in a lot more effort for less reward. and i can't even play every arena at the same time because i lock my champs.
  • DotDot Posts: 7
    About me: regular arena player since the initial Covid lockdowns happened last year - I typically picked up the milestones in the 4 & 5* featured arenas, sometimes the 4* basic as well. I used to pick up the 4* champ from the basic arena on the regular. (Started with Rogue... Quake... Voodoo... Archangel...)

What I like:
    - a way to earn GM shards (should help with the ISO issues I've been having recently, thanks!)
    - 3* & 4* champs in the milestones
    - Increase of 6* shards in the ranked rewards
    - 6* BASIC champs are available (seriously - a year down the road? This is going to be fantastic)

What I don't like (and ideas how to change it)
    - It's *very* grindy
    - Unit milestones are hard to reach
    - Functionally eliminates need to rank 2,3,5* champs for arena points
    - 3* Featured champ is hard to get unless you have a developed roster

- Front load some of the units, especially in the summoner trials arena. This gives players agency to decide which to play for - do you want to maximize unit gain? Shards? Both?
    - Add the 3* featured champ into the summoner trials arena, this way a new player can start to build their 3* roster to get shards and ISO
    - Remove 6*s from the basic arena & retune milestones (& ranked rewards?) accordingly. This does several things. It gives players who recently become uncollected another arena to compete in without throwing them into the deep end with players who have developed 6* rosters (teams of 3/45s... 4/55s... etc). It keeps the infinite streak formula the same as the alpha and basic arena (currently you need teams of 4/55s to get the infinite streak, once there's a team of 4/55 6*s that'll go up to 5/65 5*s). It also gives TB players a reason to keep developing their 5* roster - didn't get that 6* champ you want from the crystals - grind for them in the basic arena.

Finally, thanks for opening this up for feedback.

• Loucura017Loucura017 Posts: 1
    I didn't like the new arenas. We spent more time and get less unities. To me, arena it's boring, but necessary to do. And the milestones doesn't make me exited to play. I think that Premium Hero Crystal shards on milestones it's a mistake on arenas we can use 4* champions. At least, doesn't make sense to me. Maybe boosting the amount of unities, battle chips, changing PHC to another crystal shards and downgrading the total milestones points it's a possible solution.

My thoughts to solve the problem:
    1* and 2* arena with a 4* Nexus Crystal to Top1 player. Premium Hero shard and 3* shards on milestones.
    3* and 4* arena with a 5* Champion to Top 1 player. 3* shards and 4* shards on milestones.
    4*, 5* 6* arena with a 6* Basic champion to Top 1 player. Grand Master shards on milestones
    4*, 5*, 6* arena with a 6* Featured champion to Top 1 player. Cavalier shards on milestones.

I used to play the previous 3* and 4* arena, so that's the only arena i can think about unities:
    I would set 150 unities on 1.5kk points (or even less, maybe 1,2kk) and upgrade the amount of battlechips we can get on milestones.
  • Levvyzz_OPLevvyzz_OP Posts: 14
    I slept on it. Still sucks. Here's what I think.

People that invested a great deal of time, effort and money have solid rosters and are good with this.

People that invested a great deal of time and effort but not so much money or rosters are affected in a big way.

1/2/3* champs are insignificant in the game with exception of V4 and you can't sell 'em.

What lurks me is that as non-UC I only have summoner trials, and can't participate in 6, so that means I'm being rushed to get to UC to unlock a chance at more milestones. Dirty move.

What needs to happen is, if non-UC aren't allowed in 6 arenas, then UC+ should NOT be allowed in summoner trials. Then make both sides have 520 units in total accessible per 3 day cycle or whatever the amount is.

Additionally, this is a bad move to invalidate 1/2/3 immediately after you made them unsellable. As a collector, and ejoying collecting I'm really really really at a loss of what your actual plan is? Why not just remove act 1/2/3 start noobs at act 4. delete 1/2/3 from the game as well and make variant 4 4*+. Done. Oh and convert 1/2/3 to something so that time spent isn't really time wasted cause that'd be super stupid.
  • FeffFeff Posts: 10
    Hallo Kabam,
    Hallo at all,

The new Arena System is Not good.
    Please reload of the old System.
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    While i like the change in rewards (having the champ as a milestone, and how the milestones go for longer) this change has REALLY marginalized 2, 3, and 5 star champs. they're not worth using in the arenas anymore.
  • togurotoguro Posts: 2
    I have two tips for improving the arenas.
    1st tip, place the Grandmaster's crystal on the arena landmarks Recruiter's ordeals.

2nd tip, decrease the total milestones of the two 6-star arenas to 12kk points, keeping the 20 existing milestones.

I believe that these changes will please the 3 publics, beginner, intermediate and advanced.
This discussion has been closed.