**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variants are DUMB

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Get gud
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    Variants are one of my favorite game modes actually..
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    @MojoHater domino counters electro in v4. I used her for every run.

From memory you use ML combos
    Also vs mephisto you don’t need incinerate immunity just back off as soon as you trigger aura. Let him gain power and bait his sp1. Never push him to sp2.

I think I used moleman for that fight as you can do big damage with the bleeds and heavy attacks.

Wait until you land on the powergain one in v3. 😂 top tip, use doc ock for him.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Lvernon15 said:

Maybe because a new cavalier player isn’t meant to be able to easily get 100% on them?

no its the initial run...
    Then avoid the problem fights
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Variants are my favourite lol except v1 and 2
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I actually love variants
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Variants are my favourite lol except v1 and 2

I actually love variants

Absolutely my thoughts as well.
  • S_A_B_A_R_M_AS_A_B_A_R_M_A Posts: 26
    As F2P player i kinda agree with you but variants are mostly for stacked rosters (End game players), would be cool to see new difficulity between variant and classic for mid tier players. i know there is monthly EQ but that's not enough in my opinion, there is not much exclusive content for mid tier players.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    abom should be easy peasy with ghost dont throw specials and do one hit combos
  • 24012401 Posts: 47
    MojoHater said:

My roster.

Also, one path is the poison one and another has abomb.
    Variant 4 has that electro boss for which I have no counters.
    Also, I'm F2P so don't expect me to have a lotta units >_<

LOL is easy with g2099
    Ghost is a cheat code for v6
    Pretty much anyone can do v7
    v5 is easy with doom and sorc

theres the new variants easily done

also variants can easily be done with 4*s (even explore) so instead of crying rank up 4*s and if you cant do it still revive or wait till you have better champs
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Posts: 313 ★★
    edited May 2021
    MojoHater said:

This is from the P.O.V. of a recent cavalier.
    All the variants require very particular champions, and the fights are so long. Also, there are very annoying fights, for example, in the villain variant (variant 6), there is a mephisto fight. How do you expect someone to use only villain champs AND get through MEPHISTO?
    I mean yes Kabam wants money but at least think of us F2Ps.

Void,
    You need to know a lot about this game
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    What you think is hard others think is a joke
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    The specific champion requirements make variants unique, and fun. Believe me, I also had this opinion as an early cavalier. I’ve completed 4, 5, 6, and 7 now
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

My roster.

Domino soloes V4 Electro with no issues.
  • KiritoSAOKiritoSAO Posts: 34
    MojoHater said:

All the variants require very particular champions, and the fights are so long. Also, there are very annoying fights, for example, in the villain variant (variant 6), there is a mephisto fight. How do you expect someone to use only villain champs AND get through MEPHISTO?

learn from other players how to do them, watch youtube videos and if you dont have a certain champ to clear a path leave it for later when u get the right champ :)
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Thanks everyone. Just finished half of V3 today, without a single item. I thought it'd be too hard but your advice helped me do it
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Berjibs said:

how does that work tho? she reduces AA?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    How are they dumb?

If you can’t complete them the problem is one of, or both of, the following problems:
    Your roster isn’t good enough yet,
    Your gameplay isn’t good enough yet.

Improving whatever the issue is will change your mind I’m sure, particularly when you get the rewards.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Does anyone know the record for disagrees on a single comment? This ones racking them up quick
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    Recent Cavalier here and I absolutely ❤️ Variants. I’ve only completed Variants 4 and 7 but I’m hoping to complete 5 and 6 before 8 drops in November. Just need to rank up Venom, Symbiote Supreme, Mags and IAbomb and I’m good to go. Great sources of rank up material for progressing accounts.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

My roster.

do the tech variant I think its v3 or v4 you have good champs for it and I used a r2 5* sentinel to do it so you can most likely do it with your roster
    edited May 2021
    MojoHater said:

Berjibs said:

how does that work tho? she reduces AA?
    The first part of her medium and first light or something are non contact so take no damage and work with the nodes. You do take a little damage from the last part of her medium so boost up and you should be ok. Maybe look it up on YT as I did it when it released so long time ago.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

As F2P player i kinda agree with you but variants are mostly for stacked rosters (End game players), would be cool to see new difficulity between variant and classic for mid tier players. i know there is monthly EQ but that's not enough in my opinion, there is not much exclusive content for mid tier players.

Anything from act 3 to act 5 is for mid tier players. What are you talking about.Act 6 is where the real stuff starts. :D
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    MojoHater said:

This is one of the dumbest complain.
This discussion has been closed.