**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• asuoa650asuoa650 Posts: 57
    This new setup discourages a good portion of the community in my opinion. I ran it for the past three days and got a little less units than I normally do, however for the lower level players, it sets them up for failure. PS I am cavalier with about 27 6* and 125 5*.
    If this is how it's going to be with new arenas. My though process is a couple of different things
    1.lower the milestones or put all units in lower milestones to make them more achievable
    2.increase the amount of points earned by 5* and 4* in the 6* arenas
    3. Add cavalier shards to 6* featured, not a must but would like to see it
    4. Increase the battlechips earned or increase the drop rates of units in arena crystals. This would ensure people get the units back lost.

Overall, I don't mind the new arenas for myself due to me not being a heavy grinder, but the time taken to grind, has been doubled. So just adding those items above would make it worth while.
  • AbisAbis Posts: 12
    All i can say is that this new arenas are good but not for the middle and lower tiers

End gamers can reach everything in those ones but me with 15 of 6* and 14 of 5*r5 is not possible.

You should create this arenas :

1 arena for those who are thronebreakers
    1 arena for cavaliers
    1 arena for uncolleters
    and so on.

If you are not a thronebreaker you will not be able to see the first arena and so on

You have created crystals and offers in glory tab for thronebreakers so i am sure you can do that also in arenas.

OR you can decrease dramaticly the cd of 5 and 6 *

Until then i am very dissapointed about this new update

1.i can`t earn that much units
    2.my plan to complete act6 is now for 2023 not 2022
    3.the amount of bc has decreased by 50% per month.

Hope that the staff will understand that in this game are not only the players who have money / time to play that much to achieve decent amounts of milestones.
    We are working , we have childrens , we have real life , we are still humans.
    These new arenas and milestones are for robots.

Did only 2.250.000 points because the next milestone is just not worth the effort for what it gives.
    3 and 4 * in the milestones without iso ? just for 1 signature ? or for a 4* that will not help me nowhere?
    idk....for me it sounds like a marketing thing to get money...
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Daddrieda said:

R_jay0027 said:

Plant said:

Turns out I love the new arenas!!! Because of the effort required and the lack of rewards I didn’t do them yesterday and today and I realized how much of my weekend I was missing out on. If the old ones aren’t back tomorrow I’ll just hang up the game. But really, my wife is soooo happy with me.

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Shan said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Bassanio said:

I like this new Arena. Maybe the new structure would prevent BOTs get units easily. As for normal decent players, new arenas provides a good way to get champs and shards.

Do you really think people are playing arena for champs and shards damn I didn’t know people are so intelligent 90% of players are playing arena for damn units they didn’t need champs they can get champs by completing quest with the help of units or buying crystals by units here in this game we only need units to get through quest Kid. Also mcoc needs some mature players not kids

This is the problem your making an big assumption. I (and well over half my ally) play arena for shards, for more/new champs.

I accept some people just want units, but there is a real lack of acceptance that a lot of people want more 6* shards out of arena and we want to have something to do with all our champs.
    Sir i am in pltnm4 alliance AQ 250 alliance 20 out of 30 players have prestige above 11K and there is no one who goes for champs or shards who needs shards these days when you get enough from quests
    They are going for units for sure I am arena grinder and I always comes in 1-10% I didn’t need those ranks but those units now that rank will be more harder as units
    I am only telling you how I see it.. we just had at least 12 people put up 25m+ in arena. If they only wanted units then would stop at 16.5m.

They all want the 1-5% (a few trying for feature) for 1k 6* shards.. most in top ally’s want this as it gives chance for more champs.

As I keep saying not everyone is doing arena just for units. It is the best way (better with new update) to earn huge amount of regular shards if you don’t spend on crystals
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I've seen people say that restoring the old arenas while keeping the new ones would throw the unit economy out of whack. I've also seen defenders of the new arenas say they need the new arenas because the old ones did not offer what they were looking for. And of course, there are all the people saying it is now impossible to get the things they used to get in the old arenas.

With all this in mind, I am not seeing how restoring the old arenas and keeping the new ones will unbalance anything.

Those of us who want the old arenas back are still not going to play the new ones. I know I wouldn't.
    And, unless they are lying about what they really want, it does not seem like the people who like the new arenas are going waste their time in the old arenas. Even if they wanted to, It does not seem like there is even enough time.

The only accounts that would probably benefit greatly from this are the bots, and those should be dealt with regardless of the arena structure so they are essentially irrelevant to the discussion.

Instead of limiting our choices with fewer arenas, give us more options, but make choosing each option only worthwhile if you commit to that option. Everyone gets what they want, and no one loses what they had.

Another alternative might be adding more lower level milestones in the 6* arenas, frontloading the unit awards to the lower milestones, so again, we unit grinders can get what we want, and the shard/champ grinders can get what they want.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Bassanio said:

I like this new Arena. Maybe the new structure would prevent BOTs get units easily. As for normal decent players, new arenas provides a good way to get champs and shards.

Do you really think people are playing arena for champs and shards damn I didn’t know people are so intelligent 90% of players are playing arena for damn units they didn’t need champs they can get champs by completing quest with the help of units or buying crystals by units here in this game we only need units to get through quest Kid. Also mcoc needs some mature players not kids

This is the problem your making an big assumption. I (and well over half my ally) play arena for shards, for more/new champs.

I accept some people just want units, but there is a real lack of acceptance that a lot of people want more 6* shards out of arena and we want to have something to do with all our champs.
    Sir i am in pltnm4 alliance AQ 250 alliance 20 out of 30 players have prestige above 11K and there is no one who goes for champs or shards who needs shards these days when you get enough from quests
    They are going for units for sure I am arena grinder and I always comes in 1-10% I didn’t need those ranks but those units now that rank will be more harder as units
    I am only telling you how I see it.. we just had at least 12 people put up 25m+ in arena. If they only wanted units then would stop at 16.5m.

They all want the 1-5% (a few trying for feature) for 1k 6* shards.. most in top ally’s want this as it gives chance for more champs.

As I keep saying not everyone is doing arena just for units. It is the best way (better with new update) to earn huge amount of regular shards if you don’t spend on crystals
    but surely they would still have continued to grind if kabam changed the milestones gaps for those non-stacked collection account player(s)? i think it would have give the same result as you are explaining. it seems to me that most of those feedback is about milestones gap and the amount of hours put in the arena is now 100% more and if kabam do something about those milestones gap then your 12+ alliance friend would still regardless continued to grind for 1-5% rank reward. or i'm misunderstanding you?
  • MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    I gave the arena a try and I must say, acquiring units became a lot harder. I am an F2P player and this hits hard for me.
    I suggest getting all the units in milestones and distributing them within the first 4M-6M points. I don't mind the featured champion being in 9M, but let that be the only reward after 4M. One more suggestion is to add an arena for 2 and 3 star champions. I used my 3 -3 star teams in the 4 star nexus arena, but 2 stars didn't even have a chance.
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98

Good for you. But this does not mean everyone is able to do it. Wondering how many hours did it take you to finish it?

A lot less than you think and people are suggesting. Once out suicides back on (after war season) it will also go much faster

Figuring 2.5 minutes a fight and 3 fights per series about 12 hours for 110 series.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Bassanio said:

I went for 22 mill in featured and 18 mill in the basic. Just wish we did not have both t1a and t4b coinciding with the arena because I had to put 1.6 mill and 2 mill in that arena too.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Bassanio said:

I won’t say you are right or wrong but most of the player base does arena for the units and Bc (units out of the crystals). Less than 1% of the base is chasing champions because only less than 1% can drop 70 million plus to achieve that.

I pulled 12 million in the feature 6 star, 225k in the trials and 2.25 million in the basic. That’s with me not having much time today to try for 3 million in basic. My goal is to get more units mad BC so I am a fan of front loading things in first few milestones.

Even if front loaded I would still chase at least 10.5 or 12 million whenever I have the chance. Front loading would really help the smaller player base achieve what they want in terms of champion and shards. I think 9 million for the featured 4 stay really isn’t bad and it’s guaranteed. You never know what a feature will go for these days as a 4 star. Under 3 million for the 4 star basic isn’t bad either, I know some went for 2 million or less but that’s with many more rounds with 4 stars or less.

I’m not saying this new arena is perfect but it has it pros and it has it kinks. Folks who say it’s horrible are just the usual folks who trash kabam everytime they launch something new. Folks who say it’s the best thing are also on the other spectrum of kabam foot kissers. I think if they reached out to 10 end gamers, 10 close to end gamers, 10 cavs, 10 UC, 10 proven, 10 conquerors and 15 new players they could really get something good here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's nothing novel. Some people have extensive Rosters and can Grind it out. There's more to the Arena than just some people making the top Ranks. There's an entire player base to consider. The numbers are more than just *some* people having no issue at all. Especially when that number of people is much smaller than the rest of people who have to play it or be sent to the Trials, which yield nothing for anyone in between.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Monk1 said:

Shan said:

Bassanio said:

I went for 22 mill in featured and 18 mill in the basic. Just wish we did not have both t1a and t4b coinciding with the arena because I had to put 1.6 mill and 2 mill in that arena too.
    Yeah.. I only focus on 6* now so don’t even bother with them
  • Jvdb2003Jvdb2003 Posts: 35
    Wubbie075 said:

I've seen people say that restoring the old arenas while keeping the new ones would throw the unit economy out of whack. I've also seen defenders of the new arenas say they need the new arenas because the old ones did not offer what they were looking for. And of course, there are all the people saying it is now impossible to get the things they used to get in the old arenas.

With all this in mind, I am not seeing how restoring the old arenas and keeping the new ones will unbalance anything.

Those of us who want the old arenas back are still not going to play the new ones. I know I wouldn't.
    And, unless they are lying about what they really want, it does not seem like the people who like the new arenas are going waste their time in the old arenas. Even if they wanted to, It does not seem like there is even enough time.

The only accounts that would probably benefit greatly from this are the bots, and those should be dealt with regardless of the arena structure so they are essentially irrelevant to the discussion.

Instead of limiting our choices with fewer arenas, give us more options, but make choosing each option only worthwhile if you commit to that option. Everyone gets what they want, and no one loses what they had.

Another alternative might be adding more lower level milestones in the 6* arenas, frontloading the unit awards to the lower milestones, so again, we unit grinders can get what we want, and the shard/champ grinders can get what they want.

Becouse if this happens, people would be able to get ALL milestones, so the unit gain would be doubled for those, which would throw off the economy for the people who can't do that. IMO the new arenas are like a beta test, they are a step in the right direction, but they need lots of tweaking to be good
  • Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26
    edited May 2021
    Kabam needs to expand the number of summoners who receive the 6-star champion in the 6-star arenas. It should be the top 150, if not more. Top 100 is way too low given the time, effort, and units it takes to score 100,000,000+. If these are the scores we can expect going forward, I will never grind arenas again. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Now the arean end I’m grinding far more get far less in rank rewards not even fun
  • Pyramid1Pyramid1 Posts: 3
    So, just had the rewards in. I normally do 1.5m in basic, 4.2m in feature and 9m in 5 star. I did the same in new arenas.
    Roughly:
    Units minus 105
    Battleships minus 13k
    4 star shards minus 200
    5 star shards minus 100
    6 star shards none minus 100
    But I did get 3000 3 star shards.
    Not a great improvement
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

I do think that it's possible that limiting the type of, or total amount of arenas any particular player can participate in might end up being part of the solution. In order to provide every player with an arena or a set of arenas that is tuned for them. Tuned to be a fair grind for their roster. Of course, within each group, there will be entry level and more advanced rosters (relative to that group). That's just part of the game. But maybe there can be a set of arenas for each subset of players. Whether progression based or whatever. I mentioned this earlier, but it wasn't met with enthusiasm.

The biggest challenge with adding more and more arenas is that it creates the possibility for extra units to enter the economy. How do you combat that? Well, if every player has access to every arena, the only choice is to strip units or shards from all of them so the added arenas don't increase the total amount. The problem with that is it makes each particular arena less valuable. What's the other solution? Well, what Kabam tried to do was merge them all into 3. That obviously didn't work... 😂

Some are calling for a full reverse back to the previous system. While that might be a solution that works for them, it does nothing for all the players who were actually waiting for new arenas forever. And who were excited at the prospect.

What if the 3 arena system is actually viable? Except, instead of a one size fits all (which is next to impossible as we have seen), what if Summoners have 3 arenas available to THEM? Not 3 in total, but 3 that are tuned for their personal progression/roster level. Each set of 3 arenas could have it's own economy. Total units available equals X for each set of arenas. Maybe the idea for a 3 arena system wasn't a bad idea after all. Just implemented incorrectly. What this tiered arena system looks like, I'm not exactly sure, but just throwing it out there.

Or.. it could just be a "pick 3" situation. If we don't want to force anyone into a particular subset. All arenas are presented as you enter the menu. You can choose to participate in up to 3 of them. Of course, as part of the tuning/economy it might have to be predetermined sets of 3. And not select ANY 3. Cause this could again upset the unit economy and the tuning.

See now you are making it even more complex then kabam did.
    The top end players need an arena or maybe even 2. Again that's all kabam had to do. Add choice and in adding choice if tmore people went after the newer arenas then it would have sorted itself out. Give people the old arenas and one new to start and if it succeeds and the better players want another thats fine as well.
    But kabam basically shat on the little guy. Loyal little guys. Tough to be loyal now.
    Respectfully, the part you are missing is that can't just keep adding more arenas. Because Kabam doesn't want any to increase the total amount of units available from all arenas combined. I mentioned this in the first two paragraphs of the idea as the problem that has to be solved. The only way to keep all the arenas indefinitely is to nerf the units you get from each one. Which just hurts the players. Make sense? That's why every player can't have access to every arena of the number of arenas keeps growing.

There are only 3 choices:

Nerf the units in each arena so the total is the same across all as it was before.
    (This would be bad, as it would force players to grind more for the same units)

Condense the number of arenas into less, but larger arenas.
    (This is what Kabam tried to do and it was awful/current system)

Limit the number of arenas any player can grind per cycle so that there is a maximum units any player can grind.
    (This is what I'm proposing. This could be worked in a way that would allow each player to have an opportunity to grind in up to 3 arenas that are best tuned for success with their roster. While also letting the grind for the max allowable units if they wish.)

If there's a fourth idea, that doesn't ignore the fact that Kabam will likely never add more units to the total available, that would be great to hear.
This discussion has been closed.