**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you think a deathmatch is?

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
What do you think a deathmatch is? I know it is basically a matchup with opponents with double or even more PI rating than the player's team, but i want to ask what the community thinks a deathmatch is?

In the recent arena discussions, there are numerous people who do not know what a deathmatch exactly is! Matchup with a 10-20% PI rating difference is being labelled as deathmatch, when it isn't so. Like a matchup of total 16k PI against your team of 15k would not count as a deathmatch.

What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    It really depends on the nodes and AI. Normally, 4-5x your PI is doable, but in arena with those enemies unwilling to throw sps, 2.5x your PI is enough
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

This?

Yes I'd say this is solid example of a deathmatch. Kudos on your skills for beating 2 of 3 fights already! The matchup does not make sense. It seems to be clearly intended to have the player loose the multiplier streak.

Why do we even have deathmatches in the first place? Players are already putting in long hours for the grind. Shouldn't that be enough to give them the rewards from milestones? Why is a place like arenas being tested for skills too? As it is, the arenas are pretty boring and grindy. Are the deathmatches put in place to make the grind "interesting" ?
    Hmm he actually lost 2 fights. Sym Supreme is actually one of the easiest in the arenas because you can just go ham on him in the corner and not worry about him gaining power quicker than you. That is a difficult match, not sure it is a death match.
    But I agree on your assessment that these things add unnecessary complications to the arena. Why can we just have Kang and Thanos teams for every match instead of a random player team? Just match the pi of the attackers team and select the arena team. Is it very difficult to program that? If you choose rank 1 5 stars, the ai team is also rank 1 5 stars. If you chose rank 3 6 stars, ai also has th same rank. Arena is an endurance test, not a skill test.

Oh drat! I thought he won two! Lol...my bad!
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    3-4 times the PI and “all or nothing” / unbaitable.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    When you are using something between r1/r2 5* and are matched against 3x 3/55 6* teams. That is a deathmatch.
    In other words, there is no team low enough in the matchmaking system to match you to so the game starts at the very top. Much like a computer when using integer numbers, where it goes back to the maximum number when needing to go past its lowest.

In other words, a team that is more than 3x your total score.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Btw, never understood why it is so hard to take these out. Just set a low level Kang/Thanos team in place that has 1/25 5* champions just like you get in the infinite streak when there is not team high enough to face you with.
    I don`t understand why that wouldn`t work.
    System tries to match you to a team that is your PI level. Team does not excist? Automatch it to the lowest AI (Kang/Thanos) team possible.
    Perfect system where you can use all your champs available in the arena.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Just give all arena defenders the AoL node "fight me coward".

Ofc not the attack increase +100% but the aggressiveness.

That would solve half the problem.

The other half are x3 PI. Noone wants to fight 1-2 min in an arena match...
    Seraphion said:

Wow, we are discussing about death matches and if they should be eliminated or not, and you're suggesting make every match a deathmatch!
    edited May 2021
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Wow, we are discussing about death matches and if they should be eliminated or not, and you're suggesting make every match a deathmatch!
    Can you even read?
    I can. I don't know if you can.

Coward node is the one with continuous tapping block. It's not a great node.

You're asking x3 PI. How is that eliminating deathmatch? You want to have tougher fights. Not easier fights. You want fights to last longer. How is that simplying arenas?

All players do not have up to date knowledge of nodes. This will make arenas tougher for lower level players! They won't know how to counter it.

Seraphion said:

Reading before writing solves a lot of problems.

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

So you want an abyss node in arenas. Wow! Sure sure. Kabam will add it for you. Do mail it to them. Please do.

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Can you even read?

You're asking x3 PI. How is that eliminating deathmatch? You want to have tougher fights. Not easier fights. You want fights to last longer. How is that simplying arenas?

All players do not have up to date knowledge of nodes. This will make arenas tougher for lower level players! They won't know how to counter it.
    Congratulations. Everything you said was wrong.
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Can you even read?

I'm okay with it, if i wrote wrong. I thought you were talking about the coward node. I mentioned accordingly. I am not interested in talking to someone who can't speak with decency.

All the best!
    edited May 2021

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

So you want an abyss node in arenas. Wow! Sure sure. Kabam will add it for you. Do mail it to them. Please do.
    You missed every point I tried to make.
    Okay again and very slowly:

1. I want a node like the picture above (which is from AoL but without the attack increase)
    = after 8 sec of not being directly hit they would become extremely aggressive and will throw their SP (if they have more than 1 bar) 100% of the time.

That would fix "half the problem of deathmatches".

2.The other half => which is a problem as well is the big difference in PI. Noone wants to fight 1-2 min in arena per fight.

I didn't suggest a solution in previous comments.

1 easy one would be:

Enemy PI cannot be higher than 1,5 of your PI.

I hope this was easier to understand.

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Can you even read?

I'm okay with it, if i wrote wrong. I thought you were talking about the coward node. I mentioned accordingly. I am not interested in talking to someone who can't speak with decency.

All the best!
    How many coward nodes are in AoL?

Btw AoL means Abyss of Legends
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    for me a deathmatch is when the opponents are like 3-4 times your pi or something and they DO NOT throw their specials and then just fire off the sp3 on purpose to end your streak.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    GarrettN said:

I’m assuming it’s a Max sig, 6R3 team of someone like doom, Nick fury, and CMM where they’ve likely all got Max suicides and you’re working your way through the bowels of your 5R4 roster where the potential to win is there but it’s difficult and the fights are super long.

Actually, I usually go for the higher rated matches BECAUSE they're running suicides. Let recoil do a lot of the work. (Although, it does suck sometimes if they're running an Elsa, Cable, Omega or Sinister etc, but it's not normally enough to kill you).
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    A R3 vs a R5 is a death match, especially with like Doom or Nick Fury.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    What's also a death match, is someone who picks like two R5 5* with one R1/2 5*. It artificially decreases PI so the opponent is screwed for two out of three matchups.
  • SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★

Not this, although a single mistake in any of those matches could have cost me dearly.