**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    Again people her heavy use to reapply bleed damage which was the highest in the game. Now that bleed damage is gone almost completely.

Or you could just hit them with a light attack :)

But that light attack dont give hyperion his furies to become God like. Do you understand the comparison?

Same goes with gwenpool. Almost 9000 bleed damage now almost eliminated from her ability. They could have make her heavy ability direct bleed damage then with 1 second duration similar to Nightcrawlers bleed. There are several ways to not nerf the champ but this move is just a sad slap in our faces.

v00pu3990319.gif

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Did anyone ever actually use her heavy for any reason outside of the enervate/corner heavy repeat? You usually have to parry to use a heavy, and if you parry you're better off to do a 5 hit combo. I have her at 5/50 and would still happily use my 5* skill gem if i ever get her.

You block and wait for your opponent to heavy. Dash back before they do heavy and do a heavy yourself. This is the second way of hitting stun immune except intercepting. News flash for you lol. You dont have to parry to hit an enemy with heavy attacks.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Did anyone ever actually use her heavy for any reason outside of the enervate/corner heavy repeat? You usually have to parry to use a heavy, and if you parry you're better off to do a 5 hit combo. I have her at 5/50 and would still happily use my 5* skill gem if i ever get her.

You block and wait for your opponent to heavy. Dash back before they do heavy and do a heavy yourself. This is the second way of hitting stun immune except intercepting. News flash for you lol. You dont have to parry to hit an enemy with heavy attacks.

It's not about the tactic. It's about the combination of the Bleed from the Heavy with Enervate. It creates an inescapable scenario.
  • Goken2345 wrote: »
    How often does that really happen? Plus why can't you just use dexterity and dodge her heavy attack. Best option: don't get put in the corner. No one puts baby in a corner.
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

Dirty dancing reference for the win....you my friend are my hero....

>end thread<
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Batman05 wrote: »
    This was a fix to an exploit for her heavy. Pretty simple to see it was gonna be addressed and clearly kabam made sure we are aware they were making changes so good job kabam

How is pinning the opponent in the corner once enervate is applied and repeatedly using heavy attacks to apply stacks of bleed and reapply the power lock an exploit of a loophole? That's how GP was designed to be used. I don't feel like I was made aware of this proactively until maintenance had already started and everyone in my alliance was complaining that GP was getting nerfed for no reason.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Again people her heavy use to reapply bleed damage which was the highest in the game. Now that bleed damage is gone almost completely.

Not at all, actually. The Bleed Damage comes from the Light Attack and RNG. That Heavy has never been the source of usefulness. I don't know anyone who spams Heavies with high AI. Unless you're in a corner and panicking. It was exploitable with the Enervate. That's what's being addressed. Not her use of Bleed overall.

It's not about spamming heavies, Christ.

It's the bleed chance, the bleed chance was ruined. It could've been reworked in another way, idc fix the dumb exploit, but don't ruin her heavy attack. 5% is wack, terrible. Needs a percentage increase and that's all, bring it up to a simple 15 or 20%, simple, even cut it in half or something like geez.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

I know, but is that something anyone actually does? I did the LOL fight against juggy this weekend and had to bait heavy's in order to heavy him to remove the unstoppable. Why would you ever use her heavy though instead of a normal 5 hit combo?
  • It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

It really isn't an exploit, it takes skill to achieve that plus it's not like it was possible against every champion.

I have GP and I don't even do it nor find the need to do it. Honestly you guys shouldn't classify this as a exploit.
    How about limiting the amount of consecutive enervate to 4 then it will enter a cooldown of 30 seconds?
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

It really isn't an exploit, it takes skill to achieve that plus it's not like it was possible against every champion.

I have GP and I don't even do it nor find the need to do it. Honestly you guys shouldn't classify this as a exploit.

It takes zero skill to heavy attach infinite amount of time.....
    ForumGuy wrote: »

Not at all, actually. The Bleed Damage comes from the Light Attack and RNG. That Heavy has never been the source of usefulness. I don't know anyone who spams Heavies with high AI. Unless you're in a corner and panicking. It was exploitable with the Enervate. That's what's being addressed. Not her use of Bleed overall.

It's the bleed chance, the bleed chance was ruined. It could've been reworked in another way, idc fix the dumb exploit, but don't ruin her heavy attack. 5% is wack, terrible. Needs a percentage increase and that's all, bring it up to a simple 15 or 20%, simple, even cut it in half or something like geez.

The Bleed chance of the HEAVY. The Heavy. Not overall. The annoying Heavy Bleed that resets everytime you use it.
  • Btw....this thread is rediculous. The percentage change on the bleed proc although a little on the drastic side, is not gamechanging in the least. If you relied on Gwenpools’ heavy during combat then you have other issues w your style of play as far as I’m concerned lol

And for what it’s worth I have her as a 4* 5/50 sig 99....change doesn’t bother me one bit
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    It's just on heavy attacks people. Its not like we are using this exploit much at all. If you are then get better at the game. People are just reading Gwen pool Nerf and not looking into what the nerf is. Ive used her for a long time and have great use out of her and literally never use her heavies.

Do you realize her heavy bleed damage was one of the highest or the highest in the game? Please analize this. Did you see the options i spoke about besides reducing this to 5 percent?

I saw. One doesn't work at all. One is actually worse than the actual nerf. One is just an attempt to reverse half the nerf.

When you suggest reducing the bleed chance to 25%, what basis do you have for believing that is a low enough number? It might be, it probably isn't.

Asking for the duration of the bleed to be reduced simply doesn't work at all, because while that would hurt people who were *not* using Gwenpool to corner, it wouldn't affect the players that corner at all. Since the heavy will immediately convert the bleed into the long duration bleed and cornering involves back to back heavies, reducing the duration of the 50% bleed to anything higher than two seconds would not do anything at all in the cornering situation. Remember: in normal play the duration of the bleed matters. In the chain heavy situation, all bleeds immediately upon being procced will get converted to the long duration version immediately. So while this suggestion doesn't hurt the players using heavy chaining, it does hurt the players that don't. That's backwards.

And applying a cooldown could actually be worse than the current nerf. The heavy has two features: it procs a normal bleed with 50% chance - which is the effect being changed - and it converts bleeds into super-long bleeds basically every time. The second effect isn't being changed at all, at least according to the patch notes, and that's the more useful effect. A heavy attack cooldown could lock *both* effects which would be far worse than the current situation. And even if the cooldown was targeted at just the initial proc and enervate's duration, you would be changing the situation from having a low probability to rechain enervate to a situation where there was zero chance to rechain evervate. How is that any better? The cooldown has to basically block rechaining completely because this is binary: either the cooldown is too long to rechain or it is not.

The only way to make the cooldown have any sort of non-binary effect is to make the cooldown so short that it is really no different from reducing the probability of triggering the bleed in the first place, by reducing the number of chances to proc the bleed (and then convert it to the long duration bleed). There are far more ways to make this end up worse for the players than better.

The overall contribution of initially procced bleeds from heavy attacks doesn't appear to be a major factor in Gwenpool's total bleed damage, except in the corner heavy chain situation. Outside of that, all other bleeds combined with the heavy's bleed conversion ability seem to be the most important sources of bleed. As long as bleed conversion isn't being touched, I don't think people are going to notice the change dramatically.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

The Bleed chance of the HEAVY. The Heavy. Not overall. The annoying Heavy Bleed that resets everytime you use it.

It's like you don't even play the game.
    Btw....this thread is rediculous. The percentage change on the bleed proc although a little on the drastic side, is not gamechanging in the least. If you relied on Gwenpools’ heavy during combat then you have other issues w your style of play as far as I’m concerned lol

And for what it’s worth I have her as a 4* 5/50 sig 99....change doesn’t bother me one bit

It is brother. It is her bleed damage.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    How about limiting the amount of consecutive enervate to 4 then it will enter a cooldown of 30 seconds?

That would be a MUCH bigger nerf. She can basically keep anyone power locked for whole fights, even if you play normally with enervate. That would actually decrease her usability lol.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★

Ok...reduce the percent to a fair amount. You think 5% is fair?
    DaMunk wrote: »

It's like you don't even play the game.

I play the game. I use her often. The stackable Bleed that applies with the Light is not what we're talking about. It's the chance to procure Bleed with the Heavy Attack that is being changed. That's what is stated in the Patch Notes. All this reaction over a change that prevents an exploit.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Mkdemaria wrote: »
    Batman05 wrote: »
    This was a fix to an exploit for her heavy. Pretty simple to see it was gonna be addressed and clearly kabam made sure we are aware they were making changes so good job kabam

How is pinning the opponent in the corner once enervate is applied and repeatedly using heavy attacks to apply stacks of bleed and reapply the power lock an exploit of a loophole? That's how GP was designed to be used. I don't feel like I was made aware of this proactively until maintenance had already started and everyone in my alliance was complaining that GP was getting nerfed for no reason.

I think I agree with you here. But what Kabam is after I think here is to remove the ability from someone doing this to clear any content they want as long as they can bleed.

I want to know if the exploit was tested at, 10, 15, 25%. Post the results and show us. @Kabam Miike if possible. I can see the exploit happening at those levels but not continuous like kabam fears (even at 25%) because as I continued to go through the bleed did come off and the buff expired
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

Please no. That's a nerf about a hundred times worse than the 16.0 one. That nerfs everyone playing Gwenpool under all circumstances and not just the heavy chaining corner exploit one. It takes away her power lock ability in normal play.
    edited November 2017
    Superman69 wrote: »

That would be a MUCH bigger nerf. She can basically keep anyone power locked for whole fights, even if you play normally with enervate. That would actually decrease her usability lol.

I guess your are right LOL, sorry. I just feel brainless since they are nerfing my favorite champ.
  • It really isn't an exploit, it takes skill to achieve that plus it's not like it was possible against every champion.

Everyone seems to have their own personal definition of exploit. The definition of an exploit is a behavior in the game that significantly exceeds the intended boundaries of the game. One of the apparent boundaries of the game is that players should not have a combat tactic which permanently eliminates any chance for the computer AI to take any action at all. If that is a design rule the devs have for the game, then the Gwenpool heavy chain is an example of an exploit. The fact that it takes practice to do, or can't be used everywhere, is not relevant. Nowhere is the generally accepted definition of an MMO exploit stated to be something that doesn't require skill and can be used everywhere.

I guess your are right LOL, sorry. I just feel brainless since they are nerfing my favorite champ.

It's a nerf about equal to when they nerfed starlord
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    good , keep talking about other champs with similar case , so they nerf them too ...
  • Are there THAT many people here that rely on a heavy attack? Lol....or are some just confused as to what the actual change was?

The ONE champ off the top of my head that has a heavy worth “spamming” for lack of a better term, is AA’s....and even then overusing any sort of attack repeatedly gets boring imo...

And for the love of sweet baby Jesus.....the poor souls that are up in arms about this “nerf”....why in the world would one even mention nerfing other champs as well? I understand maybe comparing like scenarios of other champs but to suggest a nerf to said other champs is just plain silly....
  • Kenshio wrote: »
    good , keep talking about other champs with similar case , so they nerf them too ...

This ascribes power to a couple dozen people that they don't actually have.

If I thought these statements contained even a half percent of truth, I would be posting game change suggestions in every single thread that appeared on the forums. The "new meta" would be manipulating the game development with forum posts, and I'd be trying real hard to win that meta.
  • sounds to me like your problem is corner locking with heavy attacks, not just one character. Here lets see,

Magik 2nd Ult, lock in corner, power lock wears off, you have another ult two, rinse repeat

Psylock, power drain from ult one, lock in corner, keep reapplying as needed

Dormammu (Same as magik above)

The issue isnt the character or her chances, its the corner locking from administrators own comments. Theres many more out there with power lock or drain abilities Enervate is not special or exclusive type of ability, just a different name.

You stated the root cause yourself, corner locking with heavy attacks Theres your problem, not one specific character.

Now i have her, max signature, etc. I dont use her consistantly, if much at all. I do just fine, and i do well enough to have cleared road, rol, act five.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    From the video, where does the bleed come in? That looked like an issue with the heavy animation and not anything to do with the bleed.

I think there are many players that aren't fully aware of what's going on, so an explanation is probably in order.

If you've never seen this tactic before, you might think that it is the tactic itself that is being nerfed, or it is something special to Gwenpool. That's not true. What's going on is this: the player is pushing the computer close to the right side wall. Then they are chaining heavy attacks repeatedly. This is something the player can do with basically any champion. The important thing to note is that heavy attacks break blocks and generally knock the opponent down.

If you do this in the middle of the playing field, the enemy gets knocked backward and away from you. But if you do this up against the right wall, the enemy can't get knocked away very far. While they fall down and then try to get back up they can't attack. You can attack, and if you time it right you can get off a free combo while the enemy cannot fight back. But sometimes the enemy immediately puts up a block as they get off the floor, and that block will block your combo, and will also block any special you try to use.

That's where heavy chaining comes in. If you repeatedly use heavies, you can break that block. So the first heavy knocks them down, and then every successive heavy breaks any block they might try to use, landing the next attack. You can then land attacks over and over again. The computer cannot stop this chain of heavies with blocking. So the computer has one last thing it can do: it can queue up a special attack. The special will trigger as the computer opponent gets up and will interrupt your heavy and land on you. This will break your ability to chain heavies once the computer has enough power.

Up to this point, I'm describing every champion that exists. You can do this with pretty much any champion against any champion. The tactic works up to a point, but eventually the computer can free itself with a special attack. And since you are giving the computer power by attacking, that will eventually happen. But Gwenpool has the antidote for this. Gwenpool can land enervate which causes the enemy to no longer gain power from your attacks. If the target is enervated, you can chain heavies forever and now the computer cannot use a special to get out of the chain. All you need to do is make sure enervate lasts forever. Enervate has finite duration, but if the target is bleeding when enervate expires, the enervate "eats" the bleed effect and refreshes itself.

So, if you corner the enemy, land enervate, and then chain together heavy attacks, and the heavy attacks consistently reapply bleeds then enervate will last forever, the heavy chain will be repeatable forever, and the computer is permanently stuck in the corner unable to do anything. As far as I know, this issue is currently unique to Gwenpool. Other champions can permanently power lock the computer - Magik and Voodoo in particular - but they cannot simultaneously power lock and corner-heavy. They have to break the heavy cycle to use a special and that special is theoretically blockable by the computer. Gwenpool needs to use a special initially, but once in the heavy cycle she can repeat heavies forever.

This is the strategy I use with GP consistently and it only works against certain opponents. This is IMO not an exploit of a loophole in the game, but using the character as designed against AI.
    To all the people asking for rank-down tickets, i think kabam should rank their gwenpools down to 3/30 as a 4* and R2 as a 5* ( that is, if they even have either of those in the first place) and lock her at that rank permanently. And give them back all the resources that they had used to rank her up. So they can use it on their DD Netflix(s), Winter Soldiers, Black Panthers, Punishers etc cause they are clearly much better than GP now.

I'd take Blade over GP at the moment and would be perfectly happy recycling the T2A that I wasted.
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    All the people who says that it’s a nerf, get your **** together. It’s an heavy attack which rarely use and if you are frustrating about this then you must be using that exploit. Gp still does great bleed on other attacks and refreshing the power should be rare you can’t just power lock enemy till fight ends

WHY NOT AMIMATION CHANGE ?

well look at this way, even if they changed animation the opponent who’s pinned basically had no power for super and even if he had when he uses super you will evade- parry him - and do the refresh again. So this is a rational MODDIFICATION not a nerf.

And the guys who didn’t know the exploit probably never used heavy frequently including myself.