**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• Just to clarify - which % on her heavy is being changed? the 50% chance if the target isn't bleeding or the 100% chance long bleed if they are bleeding? Depending which one is changed makes the nerf major or negligible.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    I used my awakening gem on her !!!????🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    KabamMike, that makes no sense....so you are saying I can use special 2 on magik and put them in the corner and keep using heavy attack and then special 2 again? I mean...how is that not an explot? The exploit is that the heavy attack prevents them from getting up and fighting back, not that gwenpool has 50% to trigger bleed... This is a very lazy nerf to those of us who play her legit...(I use her a different way to the same effect).

You have to use a SP2 with magik. Which the AI will most likely block while it's getting up from the ground.
    But with GP, you don't need to do that. Just keep on spamming heavies till they die.

Okay, if you don't like that example, then let's try this one. Use psylock...get her to one charge and them to 0 power. Heavy them in a corner... What's the diff? If it's also an issue, then wtf shouldnt THAT be fixed too? If it ISNT an issue, then fix GPs animation so it has same delay psylocke does on her heavy. DONT BREAK A CHAR'S ABILITIES BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN USE THEM TO THEIR ADVANTAGE.

You know, it isn't 100% with the GP "Exploit"...I Tried it on WS after reading this and after like 30 heavys, since there is a delay between the bleed being taken off and reapplied and envenerate happens during that delay, it doesn't get reapplied... So, how exactly is this an exploit that is perfect? Plus the damage sucks ass like this. I took out AA and killed WS in 1/10th the time lol.
    Inhibiter wrote: »
    Just to clarify - which % on her heavy is being changed? the 50% chance if the target isn't bleeding or the 100% chance long bleed if they are bleeding? Depending which one is changed makes the nerf major or negligible.

50%
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

Typical....
  • Drummer16 wrote: »
    Inhibiter wrote: »
    Just to clarify - which % on her heavy is being changed? the 50% chance if the target isn't bleeding or the 100% chance long bleed if they are bleeding? Depending which one is changed makes the nerf major or negligible.

50%

Thanks mate. It's not really a big deal then.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Rank down tickets should not be given based on the severity of the nerf. Any changes to the character would warrant a rank down ticket. Simply because what i spend on is no longer what i get, no matter how insignificant the different may be.

If that is how you really feel, you really shouldn't play this game or any other MMO. Or at least you shouldn't spend money on it. I can understand your unwillingness to pay for things that might change in the future, but all MMOs change and they generally state so in their terms and conditions.

Fundamentally speaking, you are spending money on an experience. You don't own the characters, you don't own your roster. The characters are not even Kabam's to sell in the first place. They have the right to shut the game down tomorrow, and you have no right to ask for anything if they do.

You have the right to dictate what you buy, but you don't have the right to dictate what other people sell. All MMOs, MCOC included, explicitly refuse to sell permanence. They sell gameplay in an impermanent world. That's what you spent money on. If you think you're spending money on something different, you're simply wrong.

dude, youre an idiot. this is the same thing as buying a new car and then the dealership comes along and makes the car run like **** and takes a tire from you and give you nothing in return. Its changing what you bought/spent/played for and then changing it...and not for the better. So stop being such a jerk and see it from outside of your tunnel vision. If they sell a product thats supposed to do x, then later say its not gonna do x anymore, then yes, they are stealing from the community. I am smelling another boycott.....soon
  • if you're wondering, THIS is where the exploit was actually abused. This had to be changed, the corner lock was wack and required no skill!

https://youtu.be/3dBWZRgS0xQ?t=1h4m6s
  • Drummer16 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    KabamMike, that makes no sense....so you are saying I can use special 2 on magik and put them in the corner and keep using heavy attack and then special 2 again? I mean...how is that not an explot? The exploit is that the heavy attack prevents them from getting up and fighting back, not that gwenpool has 50% to trigger bleed... This is a very lazy nerf to those of us who play her legit...(I use her a different way to the same effect).

You have to use a SP2 with magik. Which the AI will most likely block while it's getting up from the ground.
    But with GP, you don't need to do that. Just keep on spamming heavies till they die.

Okay, if you don't like that example, then let's try this one. Use psylock...get her to one charge and them to 0 power. Heavy them in a corner... What's the diff? If it's also an issue, then wtf shouldnt THAT be fixed too? If it ISNT an issue, then fix GPs animation so it has same delay psylocke does on her heavy. DONT BREAK A CHAR'S ABILITIES BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN USE THEM TO THEIR ADVANTAGE.

You know, it isn't 100% with the GP "Exploit"...I Tried it on WS after reading this and after like 30 heavys, since there is a delay between the bleed being taken off and reapplied and envenerate happens during that delay, it doesn't get reapplied... So, how exactly is this an exploit that is perfect? Plus the damage sucks ass like this. I took out AA and killed WS in 1/10th the time lol.

That's NOT how Psylock works. The moment you hit the heavy with her she loses her power control completely by dealing damage based on the number of charges she has active on her and the enemy starts to gain power again. This exploit was exclusive to GP and just had to be fixed.
  • Ok...the last special event: The Goldblum Challenge i was cleared with Magik...powerlock the opponent with an L2...send him to the corner and parry and hit...and parry and hit...and L2...and hit them until K.O...so whats next...you will nerf or,sorry...you wil fixx the powerlock time for magik L2??? This is the point guys...don`t tell me that i`m not right beacause i finished in this way that challenge,and it was super easy.I`m not telling to nerf Magik but is not right what you are doind with Gwenpool.
  • Mac_Mac_ Posts: 23
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I know I like to use her Heavy prior to firing off Sp2 to ensure that I apply that long bleed so my enervate doesn't fall off if I get unlucky RNG, and this change kills that.

Miike, why not change it so that it's a 5% chance *if Enervate is already active* ?

This right here is what should have been done.

if you're wondering, THIS is where the exploit was actually abused. This had to be changed, the corner lock was wack and required no skill!

How can they call this an exploit? It doesn't even work perfectly every time. RNG doesnt allow bleed to always proc and there is a gap when it is reapplied when enervate can drop off... This is no different than using any other char's abilities for how they are written.

It's pretty BS since this has been this way FOREVER, and once everyone tries to get GP, they decide to nerf it. I hope everyone watches this and thinks about what is going on here. Look at how godly Blade is right now. Soon, they will call it an "exploit" that he can continually heal back to 70%. But wait, they won't do it until once everyone spends $$$ to get their blades, dupe them, and rank them to r4.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    if you're wondering, THIS is where the exploit was actually abused. This had to be changed, the corner lock was wack and required no skill!

So when is seatin getting banned for using an exploit to help him beat LOL
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike this means u need to rework her heavy animation not to nerf her possible chance to proke a bleed litteraly this is called removing her heavy attack as for a champion who is depending on that heavy to remake a debuff in the last second (the other normal bleed ends fast).
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Let’s be clear this is all about the Jugg fight in LoL- not other reason.

There is no other part of the game where it will be an issue. Again it is lazy by Kabam. Even to get it on againsts that Jugg is hard and requires skill.

Not sure it was such an issue that it needed nerf. But again is all about money (or lack of people spending) than balance!
  • Can you justify that a player played for long hours, buy unit, and the t4 class a few week ago to bring this up ranking and leveling. Now you nerf the champ why you did not said before so hundred player are not misled. I wish the big player can help for this to stop happening. Blade now, before everything used there money to rank and buy unit say if he will be nerf soon or there is any refund on any resources use.
  • Honestly kabam when we buy unit or a champ using our money, you stated the account is a property of kabam. Let me be cleared pls used RENT and Not Buy. Summoner infront of use the account is not our as stated. Spending money as a lot do. On your consciousness be warning the account is not your they can do what they want. The account is own by Kabam whatever you buy(RENT).
  • NO skill in this game. How can a skill applied when they can revive thousand time to kill a champ. BUY BUY BUY revive revive revive and done. Buying is not a skill? hahaha.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Nerf is not too big. But we are just keep ranking up champions that are getting nerfed because of poor planning. Look poor DS. Yes,he was totaly over powered but then came mordo and hyp with crazy power gain too.look at mephisto,blade,new thor will be crazy strong IMO. So we can just wait for their nerf too???
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    If they use this excuse to nerf champs they would do the same for magik as well .intercept power lock ..... and then other champs .. this is getting ridiculous
  • While i wouldn't say thats the best solution to fix that exploit nor i believe that 5% is necessarily a fair percentage to be left with,I totally agree that gwenpool needed a fix.Yes that was a special and unique exploit which shouldn't be allowed.I love the idea of her mechanics(although i dont have neither a 4 or 5* version of her),i believe its a smart and unique ability to reapply your debuffs(enervate or amor break in this case),but making it very easy to use could lead to those not wanted cases of unfinished loops of debuffs so yes it needed a fix.

I would like to state again that i am sure that there could be more fair ways to fix this and i was expecting Kabam to give us a better fix...here is hope the will and won't stick with this change!Lastly i am pretty sure GP is still useful so no-one needs to panic about it!
  • BiancoBianco Posts: 24
    LeonBeni93 wrote: »
    While i wouldn't say thats the best solution to fix that exploit nor i believe that 5% is necessarily a fair percentage to be left with,I totally agree that gwenpool needed a fix.Yes that was a special and unique exploit which shouldn't be allowed.I love the idea of her mechanics(although i dont have neither a 4 or 5* version of her),i believe its a smart and unique ability to reapply your debuffs(enervate or amor break in this case),but making it very easy to use could lead to those not wanted cases of unfinished loops of debuffs so yes it needed a fix.

I would like to state again that i am sure that there could be more fair ways to fix this and i was expecting Kabam to give us a better fix...here is hope the will and won't stick with this change!Lastly i am pretty sure GP is still useful so no-one needs to panic about it!

Ok, so now let's change magik power lock chance from 85% to 5% because it's too much and you can easy cornered every champ... it's unique exploit which shouldn't be allowed
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    Bianco wrote: »
    While i wouldn't say thats the best solution to fix that exploit nor i believe that 5% is necessarily a fair percentage to be left with,I totally agree that gwenpool needed a fix.Yes that was a special and unique exploit which shouldn't be allowed.I love the idea of her mechanics(although i dont have neither a 4 or 5* version of her),i believe its a smart and unique ability to reapply your debuffs(enervate or amor break in this case),but making it very easy to use could lead to those not wanted cases of unfinished loops of debuffs so yes it needed a fix.

Ok, so now let's change magik power lock chance from 85% to 5% because it's too much and you can easy cornered every champ... it's unique exploit which shouldn't be allowed

Yeah you can corner them, but if you can give me a video of magik cornering them indefinitely, then I’ll actually think you know what you’re talking about.
  • BiancoBianco Posts: 24
    Watden wrote: »

Yeah you can corner them, but if you can give me a video of magik cornering them indefinitely, then I’ll actually think you know what you’re talking about.
    https://youtu.be/hQXndcYSQME Looks like gp cornered style??!
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Watden wrote: »

https://youtu.be/hQXndcYSQME Looks like gp cornered style??!

You have to reapply a power lock through her l2, so it's different.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I understand the exploit.

That said, this was a nerf none the less. Why not add what was teken away elsewhere? Add a few points to her base attack for instance. GP is a very popular character whom many chose to rank as high as the game permits. It is incorrect to simply reduce effectiveness of this character.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Equating magik or OG vision‘s ability to pin a champ against the wall using actual combos initiated by well-timed intercepts to gwenpool’s no-skill, 1-touch, spam & cheese heavy attack nonsense is hilarious. Carry on.
  • The only reason people relied on her heavy was too lock enemies into the corner. With that tactic, you could defeat a lot of enemies on the Labyrinth easy path (Red hulk, Magik, spider gwen, falcon, ant man, Deadpool). Hell you could even take out X23 with it. Gpool is by no means a bad champ now that an exploit was removed. This same argument can't be applied to Magik or Voodoo, because eventually they need to use another special Attack. With Gwenpool, it's one L2 and then it's game over for the enemy