**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thor as Skill makes absolutely no sense to me

Thor is Cosmic, no matter what way you look at it. He lost his hammer... so what? If he was purely Skill and faces Hulk in the movie, wouldn't he be dead? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? We need more good Cosmic champs. We have PLENTY of good Skill champs.

It figures that I've been saving 5 Star shards for Thor, I have a 5 star cosmic awakening that I've had for a year because there's no decent Cosmic's to use it on, and all I ever get 80% of the time are Cosmic T4's; only for Thor to be Skill. I might as well awaken 5 star Groot and take him to R4. Thanks!

Rant over..

Comments

• rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    Jestress wrote: »
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Thor is Cosmic, no matter what way you look at it. He lost his hammer... so what? If he was purely Skill and faces Hulk in the movie, wouldn't he be dead? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? We need more good Cosmic champs. We have PLENTY of good Skill champs.

It figures that I've been saving 5 Star shards for Thor, I have a 5 star cosmic awakening that I've had for a year because there's no decent Cosmic's to use it on, and all I ever get 80% of the time are Cosmic T4's; only for Thor to be Skill. I might as well awaken 5 star Groot and take him to R4. Thanks!

Rant over..

We need more good cosmic champs? What year is this?

Apparently this went over my head. Can you clarify?
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Skills are usually set as really good fighters, like bw, bp, blade, winter soldiers. This thor is basically in an arena, fighting, without the hammer so that makes him a skill in a way. Uses what he can.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    He is not cosmic in this game. You need to understand that the game doesn't happen in Marvel Universe.
    So if the team decided to make him a skill champion and give him skill abilities, then that's how he will be.
    It makes sense that way, at least.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He is not cosmic in this game. You need to understand that the game doesn't happen in Marvel Universe.
    So if the team decided to make him a skill champion and give him skill abilities, then that's how he will be.
    It makes sense that way, at least.

Haha, touché!
  • Dseptykon13Dseptykon13 Posts: 53
    Better as a skill hero than science...Also, where's the love for Medusa? She's a great cosmic champion. As is Hyperion. If you can awaken Ms/Captain Marvel, then take out most energy tech champs by absorbing beams and using brute fury attacks. What other cosmic champs do you have if I may ask?
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

Rant over..

Wait what? Need more good cosmic champs? Hyperion, KG, Angela, Medusa, and now Hela are all good cosmic champs. How many skill champs are there that you would honestly 4/55? Elektra, Hawkeye and Blade? Maybe BP and WS, but those are maybes. Plus skill prestige has been trash. Quake was even higher than any skill before Blade and she was released over a year ago. Skill and science were the classes than needed love and skill finally got it. Science needs most of the focus now.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »

Rant over..

Wait what? Need more good cosmic champs? Hyperion, KG, Angela, Medusa, and now Hela are all good cosmic champs. How many skill champs are there that you would honestly 4/55? Elektra, Hawkeye and Blade? Maybe BP and WS, but those are maybes. Plus skill prestige has been trash. Quake was even higher than any skill before Blade and she was released over a year ago. Skill and science were the classes than needed love and skill finally got it. Science needs most of the focus now.

Gwenpool
    Acanthus wrote: »

Rant over..

Gwenpool

Good catch.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Yeah, Cosmic class is totally worthless. As long as you ignore OG Thor, Medusa, Hyperion, Drax, Capt Marvel, Angela...

Cosmic seem to get the short end of the stick because of the class disadvantage against the perceived auto-god-tier nature of Mystics.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Let me break it down:

This is about Thor who is at the end of his rope and no Mjninor to save his skin. He’s an asgardian yes but right now he must rely on his skill alone to save his world

Also Mutant and Mystic dominate the game. Yeah Mutant is hit or miss but it’s hits are INSANELY great!

Cosmic is right below them. It’s been picking up lately and Angela, KG, Hela (nice abilities and she is very pleasing in design and animation), along with Hyperion, Medusa (and her synergies with Black Bolt), AND Captain/Ms Marvel, Thor still a very hard hitter, Drax in there too and a Duped Ronan can cause havoc!

Cosmic is only a bit lower because it relies way more on specific things like Hyperion using heavies a lot more than average, Drax bleeding, Angela having 3 playstyles, The clones never using specials instead using raw damage, Thor being parry happy, and KG just taking forever. But they are getting better

Skill and tech are below them. Thy are more miss than hit but mostly all their champs are balanced with some notable champs sticking out

Elektra kills, CB is a beast, BW still puts down spiders, Hawkeye the most bland high tier champ there is, WS and DDc Holding niches consistently and BLADE shakes things up incredibly!

Spider-SE, SL both slaughtering enemies! Ultron is almost too reliable, Vision (AoU) is an amazing utility champ, and the spider villains all have uses too

Science has the 2 captains, AntMan, Classic Spider, Hulk, YJ and Electro

The 2 captains can be replaced by Angela/Civil Warrior

Electro is replaceable by Mephisto

Hulk can’t easily be replaced thanks to his damage AND chain suns

YJ can be replaced by HULK! And classic spider has many Evade champs to contend with like DDc, NC, SEspider, and the new auto block champs make his basic Evade more a novelty as everyone else has more specialized evades and more utility...

I’m just amazed Hela is Cosmic so we get more love in that class! Last thing we need is another EYE GAUGING mystic. Plus cosmic may be somewhat stacked but when it fails… even Gambit laughs

Rant over..

Blade, Gwenpool, Crossbones, DD Classic, Black Widow, CWBP, Hawkeye, Elektra, Classic BP
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It has to do with the storyline. Usually Class is determined by where they get the majority of their power, not by the need for a particular Class.
    Not to mention Blade who could EASILY be mystic

Rant over..

Blade, Gwenpool, Crossbones, DD Classic, Black Widow, CWBP, Hawkeye, Elektra, Classic BP

I thought you were complaining about 5*. DD and BW don’t count. I already mentioned most of the others you listed. CB I don’t see hardly any 4/55 CB. Maybe it’s a lack of circulation, but I just don’t see it. Maybe he’s 4/55 worthy. CWBP is an average defender and below average attacker. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 4/55 BPCW.
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Never really saw him as Mystic. He relies on tactical combat against Vampires.
    Let me break it down:

This is about Thor who is at the end of his rope and no Mjninor to save his skin. He’s an asgardian yes but right now he must rely on his skill alone to save his world

Also Mutant and Mystic dominate the game. Yeah Mutant is hit or miss but it’s hits are INSANELY great!

Cosmic is right below them. It’s been picking up lately and Angela, KG, Hela (nice abilities and she is very pleasing in design and animation), along with Hyperion, Medusa (and her synergies with Black Bolt), AND Captain/Ms Marvel, Thor still a very hard hitter, Drax in there too and a Duped Ronan can cause havoc!

Cosmic is only a bit lower because it relies way more on specific things like Hyperion using heavies a lot more than average, Drax bleeding, Angela having 3 playstyles, The clones never using specials instead using raw damage, Thor being parry happy, and KG just taking forever. But they are getting better

Skill and tech are below them. Thy are more miss than hit but mostly all their champs are balanced with some notable champs sticking out

Elektra kills, CB is a beast, BW still puts down spiders, Hawkeye the most bland high tier champ there is, WS and DDc Holding niches consistently and BLADE shakes things up incredibly!

Spider-SE, SL both slaughtering enemies! Ultron is almost too reliable, Vision (AoU) is an amazing utility champ, and the spider villains all have uses too

YJ can be replaced by HULK! And classic spider has many Evade champs to contend with like DDc, NC, SEspider, and the new auto block champs make his basic Evade more a novelty as everyone else has more specialized evades and more utility...

I’m just amazed Hela is Cosmic so we get more love in that class! Last thing we need is another EYE GAUGING mystic. Plus cosmic may be somewhat stacked but when it fails… even Gambit laughs

Why does everyone keep leaving this beast off the list?

phpy8pl1cm7o.png
    Let me break it down:

Why does everyone keep leaving this beast off the list?

phpy8pl1cm7o.png

Because not everyone has a 4/55 to brag about.
    If M.O.D.O.K. is next month as expected, we will likely see another Science Champ. I can't see him being anything else. Of course, stranger things have happened.
    If M.O.D.O.K. is next month as expected, we will likely see another Science Champ. I can't see him being anything else. Of course, stranger things have happened.

Tech. Mystic. Anything is possible.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Better as a skill hero than science...Also, where's the love for Medusa? She's a great cosmic champion. As is Hyperion. If you can awaken Ms/Captain Marvel, then take out most energy tech champs by absorbing beams and using brute fury attacks. What other cosmic champs do you have if I may ask?

Angela. Don't forget Angela!
    edited November 2017

Tech. Mystic. Anything is possible.

Tech possibly. Can't see Mystic. Most likely Science. That's the basis for his strength.

He’s HALF vampire though…

Also GG who has his serum, Phoenix who is a mutant, Falcon who would just be a very good paratrooper without his fancy wings, Stark Spider-Man who is STILL Spider-Man, agent Venom who uses Venom, Karnak who has Inhuman DNA just never used the T-Mists, Quake being Inhuman, Thor being Cosmic while Mjolnir makes Nane Mystic, Loki being Mystic despite his powers coming from his Asgardian/FrostGiant ancestry, Nightcrawlery LITERALLY being half mutant half Demon!

What I was trying to say is that a LOT of champions COULD be different classes
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    Aren't we all glad Thor wasn't tech?

Coz the club, helmet and shield are marvelous technological advances!

I'll have to apologize for get everyone started on Class strength. I know this issue has been beat to death over and over in this forum. It is fun to discuss, although wasn't my main intention. I was just venting about my own problems which is that I don't have any good Cosmics to take to R4, and I'm stacked with Cosmic Cats, awakening gem, and sig stones. Lol, first world problems!

Thor looks like an amazing champ no matter what class he is! Just disappointed he's not Cosmic for my own selfish reasons. :D
    @rage1224 there’s over a hundred champions in the game… and it grows every 2 weeks. I can’t even keep track of who I do and don’t have.
    @rage1224 there’s over a hundred champions in the game… and it grows every 2 weeks. I can’t even keep track of who I do and don’t have.
    True enough! Always something better around the bend.
    edited November 2017

Also GG who has his serum, Phoenix who is a mutant, Falcon who would just be a very good paratrooper without his fancy wings, Stark Spider-Man who is STILL Spider-Man, agent Venom who uses Venom, Karnak who has Inhuman DNA just never used the T-Mists, Quake being Inhuman, Thor being Cosmic while Mjolnir makes Nane Mystic, Loki being Mystic despite his powers coming from his Asgardian/FrostGiant ancestry, Nightcrawlery LITERALLY being half mutant half Demon!

Yeah but most have an actual reason for the class they’re in. Blade fights using martial mastery, not mystic powers and spells. Jean Grey is mutant but the Phoenix Force is a cosmic entity. Falcon was in the military and has training. Without his wings he could still fight. He doesn’t rely heavily on tech to fight. SS’s suit was enhanced by technology and that’s how he got a lot of his gadgets, that’s why he’s tech. He’s tech enhanced. I don’t know much about AV, Karnak, or Quake so I won’t comment. Thor is a cosmic being but the MCU has him scrapping and getting through without it. He’s a warrior at his core and knows how to fight. Jane isn’t a cosmic being but is able to use Mjolnir so she’s not cosmic. Loki is a sorcerer and uses magic, that’s why he said mystic. Nightcrawler of course is mutant. Because he’s half demon are you trying to make an argument that he could be mystic? Because that’s absurd. I will say that GG is completely wrong. I don’t care that’s he uses gadgets, he should’ve been science. He uses the serum to get his strength and agility.

It's based on how they derive their power in the game. Not the comics. Not completely anyway. For example, GG uses his Tech. Same with Sparky. Blade may be a Vampire, but he combats them, and relies on tactical combat.