**Login Issues - Update Aug 9**
Hotfix 36.1.1 is now live. This fix targets errors while logging in that some summoners faced. Manual update may be required.

Thor as Skill makes absolutely no sense to me

2

Comments

  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Not to mention Blade who could EASILY be mystic

    Never really saw him as Mystic. He relies on tactical combat against Vampires.

    He’s HALF vampire though…

    Also GG who has his serum, Phoenix who is a mutant, Falcon who would just be a very good paratrooper without his fancy wings, Stark Spider-Man who is STILL Spider-Man, agent Venom who uses Venom, Karnak who has Inhuman DNA just never used the T-Mists, Quake being Inhuman, Thor being Cosmic while Mjolnir makes Nane Mystic, Loki being Mystic despite his powers coming from his Asgardian/FrostGiant ancestry, Nightcrawlery LITERALLY being half mutant half Demon!

    What I was trying to say is that a LOT of champions COULD be different classes

    I'll have to agree with Blade as a Mystic. I think a lot of his skill comes from him being a vampire, and I would consider Vampires mystical creatures. My guess before he came out was Mystic, with Skill being a possibility. But you literally never know with Kabam. He could have been tech because he uses some gadgets, haha. If they use a flashlight at some point or a smartphone, Kabam would try to figure out a way to consider them tech. "Deadpool uses a smartphone? Ok, yeah, he's tech."
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,837 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Thor is Cosmic, no matter what way you look at it. He lost his hammer... so what? If he was purely Skill and faces Hulk in the movie, wouldn't he be dead? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? We need more good Cosmic champs. We have PLENTY of good Skill champs.

    It figures that I've been saving 5 Star shards for Thor, I have a 5 star cosmic awakening that I've had for a year because there's no decent Cosmic's to use it on, and all I ever get 80% of the time are Cosmic T4's; only for Thor to be Skill. I might as well awaken 5 star Groot and take him to R4. Thanks!

    Rant over..

    Wait what? Need more good cosmic champs? Hyperion, KG, Angela, Medusa, and now Hela are all good cosmic champs. How many skill champs are there that you would honestly 4/55? Elektra, Hawkeye and Blade? Maybe BP and WS, but those are maybes. Plus skill prestige has been trash. Quake was even higher than any skill before Blade and she was released over a year ago. Skill and science were the classes than needed love and skill finally got it. Science needs most of the focus now.

    Gwenpool

    Crossbones
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I agree on Thor. This, to me, is much less sensical than even GG as tech. Worst class ID yet. To go further, I can't stand the model used. Why does he look like Quasimodo and twitch the whole time? Disregarding his skills, Thor is my biggest disappointment in terms of his model and class.
  • This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill

    Yeah...pretty sure you're wrong. He's the son of Odin, he's a cosmic being with or without a weapon. In the first Thor movie, Odin stripped his powers and sealed them in the hammer until he was ready for them. So not the hammer giving powers, Odin did.
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.
  • HugsForEveryoneHugsForEveryone Posts: 82
    edited November 2017
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill

    Yeah...pretty sure you're wrong. He's the son of Odin, he's a cosmic being with or without a weapon. In the first Thor movie, Odin stripped his powers and sealed them in the hammer until he was ready for them. So not the hammer giving powers, Odin did.
    Look up the incantation do some research instead of “thinking” I’m wrong lol if that was the case everyone on Asgard would have lighting powers and be able to 1v1 the hulk...
    Think of it like this how did Jane foster gain the powers of Thor by picking up the hammer if thor had the power within him the entire time?
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Mjolnir is a mystic hammer, which is why Jane Thor is mystic. OG Thor is cosmic because he is a cosmic being (Asgardian). It isn't consistent that he lose his cosmic status because he lost a mystic hammer.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,464 ★★★★
    The champs class is based on their abilities not their origins from the comics
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    Watden wrote: »
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.

    Let's keep this a friendly discussion. You negative Nancy's crack me up sometimes, just attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

    He still has powers, otherwise the fight against Hulk would be a no-contest. No amount of skill training would help you in a fight against Hulk.

    This would not end well for a mortal:
    1oktfuub7c8a.jpg

  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.

    Let's keep this a friendly discussion. You negative Nancy's crack me up sometimes, just attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

    He still has powers, otherwise the fight against Hulk would be a no-contest. No amount of skill training would help you in a fight against Hulk.

    This would not end well for a mortal:
    1oktfuub7c8a.jpg

    So he should be cosmic cause of super human strength and endurance is what you’re telling me

    Cause that’s literally what you’re showing me
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    ^^^ You obviously haven't seen the movie yet (let alone that full fight scene) or his SP3. He's cosmic through and through.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Watden wrote: »
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.

    Let's keep this a friendly discussion. You negative Nancy's crack me up sometimes, just attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

    He still has powers, otherwise the fight against Hulk would be a no-contest. No amount of skill training would help you in a fight against Hulk.

    This would not end well for a mortal:
    1oktfuub7c8a.jpg

    So he should be cosmic cause of super human strength and endurance is what you’re telling me

    Cause that’s literally what you’re showing me

    Frankly, yes. If a champ has that level of strength and endurance that didn't come from science or mutation and is the son of a god...then yes.
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill

    Yeah...pretty sure you're wrong. He's the son of Odin, he's a cosmic being with or without a weapon. In the first Thor movie, Odin stripped his powers and sealed them in the hammer until he was ready for them. So not the hammer giving powers, Odin did.
    Look up the incantation do some research instead of “thinking” I’m wrong lol if that was the case everyone on Asgard would have lighting powers and be able to 1v1 the hulk...
    Think of it like this how did Jane foster gain the powers of Thor by picking up the hammer if thor had the power within him the entire time?

    I believe it's something along the lines of "...shall weild the power of Thor", right? Which means it's his power in the hammer, not the hammers power in Thor. Otherwise it would say "the power of Mjolnir".
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ You obviously haven't seen the movie yet (let alone that full fight scene). He's cosmic through and through.

    Well yeah, cause the picture he showed me is obviously a video of the full fight scene.


    A picture of two dudes charging at each other definitely screams cosmic to me.


    Edit: And yeah have you seen his sp1 or sp2 expertisely using weapons is definitely cosmic related.

  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Watden wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ You obviously haven't seen the movie yet (let alone that full fight scene). He's cosmic through and through.

    Well yeah, cause the picture he showed me is obviously a video of the full fight scene.


    A picture of two dudes charging at each other definitely screams cosmic to me.

    So you're making a lot of assumptions on what he can/can't do without his hammer...
  • HugsForEveryoneHugsForEveryone Posts: 82
    edited November 2017
    Watden wrote: »
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.

    Let's keep this a friendly discussion. You negative Nancy's crack me up sometimes, just attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

    He still has powers, otherwise the fight against Hulk would be a no-contest. No amount of skill training would help you in a fight against Hulk.

    This would not end well for a mortal:
    1oktfuub7c8a.jpg

    So he should be cosmic cause of super human strength and endurance is what you’re telling me

    Cause that’s literally what you’re showing me

    Frankly, yes. If a champ has that level of strength and endurance that didn't come from science or mutation and is the son of a god...then yes.
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill

    Yeah...pretty sure you're wrong. He's the son of Odin, he's a cosmic being with or without a weapon. In the first Thor movie, Odin stripped his powers and sealed them in the hammer until he was ready for them. So not the hammer giving powers, Odin did.
    Look up the incantation do some research instead of “thinking” I’m wrong lol if that was the case everyone on Asgard would have lighting powers and be able to 1v1 the hulk...
    Think of it like this how did Jane foster gain the powers of Thor by picking up the hammer if thor had the power within him the entire time?

    I believe it's something along the lines of "...shall weild the power of Thor", right? Which means it's his power in the hammer, not the hammers power in Thor. Otherwise it would say "the power of Mjolnir".

    l05u7dy2bjwa.png Without his he’s just a badass MORTAL asgardian just because he’s odin’s Son doesn’t mean he’s imbued with the odin force
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ You obviously haven't seen the movie yet (let alone that full fight scene). He's cosmic through and through.

    Well yeah, cause the picture he showed me is obviously a video of the full fight scene.


    A picture of two dudes charging at each other definitely screams cosmic to me.

    So you're making a lot of assumptions on what he can/can't do without his hammer...

    My friend, I think you're making assumptions of what I'm making assumptions on.

    You're attempting to argue that Thor being skill makes no sense.

    You can literally look at his skills/moves in the game and make the argument that he could be a skill character.

    Yes his sp3 is him making a calling to his thunder powers, but you can't refute the fact that his sp1 and sp2 and other passives can lead to an argument of him being skill.

    If cosmic is the only class you see him being, where the main focus on his character is his weapon expertise and cosmic weaponry, then have fun being single minded.


    Yes he could be cosmic, but him being skill also makes sense.

    Compare him to his cosmic counterpart and tell me how similar they are in game. One focused on lightning based attacks one doesn't.
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    Debate over...
    xgkcnv1x7um5.jpg
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    If they gave Spiderman a sword and shield in game as a new character and made him focus on using them and applying bleeds, would it not make sense for him to be skill? Or should he still be a science champion cause he was bit by a spider?

    Stark enhanced Spiderman is literally Spiderman with tech enhacements, should he be science because he's spiderman and got bit by a spider?

    That's what you're saying, if they gave Thor a robot suit that shoots missles and laser beams, should he still be cosmic every single time?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    rage1224 wrote: »
    Watden wrote: »
    If you thought Thor, wielding a mace and shield with no mystical or magical powers, would or should be anything other than skill, then you actually need to see a psychiatrist.


    The community literally dubbed him gladiator Thor, you know those warriors who use brute strength and skill to fight?

    The MCOC community worries me sometimes.

    Let's keep this a friendly discussion. You negative Nancy's crack me up sometimes, just attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

    He still has powers, otherwise the fight against Hulk would be a no-contest. No amount of skill training would help you in a fight against Hulk.

    This would not end well for a mortal:
    1oktfuub7c8a.jpg

    So he should be cosmic cause of super human strength and endurance is what you’re telling me

    Cause that’s literally what you’re showing me

    Frankly, yes. If a champ has that level of strength and endurance that didn't come from science or mutation and is the son of a god...then yes.
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    Slappahoe wrote: »
    This argument makes no sense what-so-ever Thor gets his “god-like” powers from a magical incantation Odin placed on mjolnir when it was forged without the hammer he’s a mortal from another realm sure his people are strong as poop compared to our realm but he’s still a mortal badass warrior... skill makes all the sense I’m the world and nothing else would make sense besides skill

    Yeah...pretty sure you're wrong. He's the son of Odin, he's a cosmic being with or without a weapon. In the first Thor movie, Odin stripped his powers and sealed them in the hammer until he was ready for them. So not the hammer giving powers, Odin did.
    Look up the incantation do some research instead of “thinking” I’m wrong lol if that was the case everyone on Asgard would have lighting powers and be able to 1v1 the hulk...
    Think of it like this how did Jane foster gain the powers of Thor by picking up the hammer if thor had the power within him the entire time?

    I believe it's something along the lines of "...shall weild the power of Thor", right? Which means it's his power in the hammer, not the hammers power in Thor. Otherwise it would say "the power of Mjolnir".

    l05u7dy2bjwa.png Without his he’s just a badass MORTAL asgardian just because he’s odin’s Son doesn’t mean he’s imbued with the odin force

    Nice, I know Mjolnir is awesome. Did you happen to find the incantation you referenced there?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The case can be made for literally every champ in the game to be Skill because they all punch and kick as the foundation of their fighting styles. What classifies them beyond that is where they get their powers from.

    Thor's Cosmic counterpart's only lightning based attack is his SP1, everything else is him swinging his hammer. However, what gives him his power is the fact that he's Odin's son and from the cosmos. Leaving Ragnarok in skill forces you to ignore the fact that he still gains his power from the cosmos (being Odin's son and from Asguard).

    The only thing that would lend credence to him being a Skill champ is that he is a "Gladiator" and would only rely on hand-to-hand combat. Once you see the movie, you will see this is not the case for his character (even if he doesn't have his hammer).
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    So what they nerfed gwenpool he makes up for that.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Stark Spidey is tech because that version of Spiderman doesn't have the full array of SM abilities the others do. He relies on wrist bands to create his webs (tech). Stark Spidey relies on his suit to make him the superhero he was in the movie (hence the "Stark Enhanced" title).

    If Stark created a suit for Thor to be the hero he normally would be, then yes i would put that stark enhanced Thor in tech too.
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The case can be made for literally every champ in the game to be Skill because they all punch and kick as the foundation of their fighting styles. What classifies them beyond that is where they get their powers from.

    Thor's Cosmic counterpart's only lightning based attack is his SP1, everything else is him swinging his hammer. However, what gives him his power is the fact that he's Odin's son and from the cosmos. Leaving Ragnarok in skill forces you to ignore the fact that he still gains his power from the cosmos (being Odin's son and from Asguard).

    The only thing that would lend credence to him being a Skill champ is that he is a "Gladiator" and would only rely on hand-to-hand combat. Once you see the movie, you will see this is not the case for his character (even if he doesn't have his hammer).

    1. There are multiple cases where multiple champions could be x or y class due to how broad or narrow you define what is needed to be put into that class, how well you define it changes how much sense it makes in any practical sense

    2. That doesn't refute anything, in any sense you could change how a champion works or acts to fill a specific class, "where they came from" should always dictate what class they are is what you're saying.

    Again, if Thor, cosmic powers and all, still the son of Odin, was put into the game, still being the son of Odin and having cosmic powers, but his character was designed to be a mystical wizard that conjured skeletons and shot fireballs through incantations, would you still say there's no possible reason for him to be mystical because he's the son of Odin

    Or what if Deadpool was given Thor's hammer and cosmic powers, shot lightning and swung it as if he had Thor's cosmic strength, would he still have to be mutant in-game? Is he not allowed to be cosmic?
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I almost thought he might be Mystic since he wields lightning. Skill based champions just means weapon experts generally.

    If you're complaining about lack of Cosmic, don't you get Hela this month though? She's a very good character. May not be god tier, but she has a lot of damage and at least some utility.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Not where they came from, but where their powers come from.

    Thor's powers (both OG and Ragnarok) come from his cosmic origins. If his character was changed so that he gained powers by shooting mystic fireballs from his eyes, then yes he would be mystic. If he was given a Stark enhanced suit to gain the powers he "lost" from Mjolnir, then I would put him in tech.
  • WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Not where they came from, but where their powers come from.

    Thor's powers (both OG and Ragnarok) come from his cosmic origins. If his character was changed so that he gained powers by shooting mystic fireballs from his eyes, then yes he would be mystic. If he was given a Stark enhanced suit to gain the powers he "lost" from Mjolnir, then I would put him in tech.
    What do you mean, he's Thor the son of Odin, his powers aren't sealed to his hammer, he should be cosmic in both those cases. He's still an Asgardian is he not, a cosmic race? There's no way he could be mystic or tech.
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    edited November 2017
    Piss off ghost. Haha,
    on an unrelated note Thor ragnarok was awesome
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    His character would need to be fundamentally changed for me to genuinely consider him another class. Like I said, IF HIS CHARACTER WAS CHANGED, then I would put him in a different class (like your mystic suggestion above). In the case of Ragnarok, I do not believe his character has been changed and he still gains his power from the same source (being Son of Odin and Asguardian). What makes Thor who he is, is still there. Removing the hammer is not a fundamental change to The God of Thunder. Even in the trailers Hela asks, "What are you the God of?" followed by him literally flying surrounded by lighting WITHOUT HIS HAMMER.

    If removing his Hammer stripped him completely of his powers, then yes I would agree that his character has been changed and would most definitely put him in skill. When his hammer was taken from him in his first movie, Odin also stripped him of his natural born powers (strength, quasi-immortality, and the ability to lift the hammer). If that version of Thor were put into this game, then he would be skill because he has no outside power source beyond his pure fighting Skills.

    Dude, seriously. Watch the movie. Then tell me he isn't cosmic.
Sign In or Register to comment.