Options

Vanquishing Blow

Is anyone else’s Vanquishing Blow not counting correctly?

Comments

• Options
    AquarDragon65AquarDragon65 Posts: 189
    Absolutely!! My 4* ArcAngel has the perfect medium strike/vanquishING blow (spinning wings) and I have used AA exclusively through the 1st 4 mazes (whatever) and all but 6 opponents have been victory by Vanquishing Blow ( so 15-20 bonus victories... times the 4000 pts) .
    That's 60000 to 80000 pts towards Vanquishing Blow Event Bonus Points and rewards and I've just begun!!!

Again I feel Kabam-ed! Way to suck the joy out of the game there, Kabam!!!
  • Options
    Chapter 3 Act 1
    6 opponents 3 victories via Vanquishing Blow

At 67000 pts In V.B. Event.

Chapter 3 Act 2

6 opponents 5 victories via Vanquishing Blow
    76000 pts in V.B. event!
    6 × 1500 = 9000 that's what I got.

NOT the 9000+ (5 × 4000) = 29000 that I should have received!

And will Kabam do a single thing about it?

In My Experience...
    F×$☆ No!!!

No wonder my Daughter went back to DC Injustice!!!

Truly Kabam... You Suck at Customer Service! !!!
  • Options
    Does a charge count as a medium hit?
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    U mean a dash attack?
    That counts

My vanquishing blow is calculated correctly
  • Options
    Arus25 wrote: »
    U mean a dash attack?
    That counts

My vanquishing blow is calculated correctly

Sweet ty
  • Options
    Just now completed entire medium section of Test of Valor - Hela

10 fights... 10 Vanquishing Blow finishes...I might have got credit for 2 of them!

Along with my victory in the hard section over Thor (Holy **** he makes Duels look slow) and as both fights were via Vanquishing Blows... there's another 8000 points not awarded!!!

Who does your Beta Testing... are they even paid???

THIS IS INCREDIBLY DISCOURAGING!
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Not to doubt you mate but is aa triggering bleed and that's what killed them.
  • Options
    And just finished Easy Test of Valor section...

10 Vanquishing Blows 15000 points for the victories and zero bonus points...

So 88000 missing points just in the Test of Valor section!!!

Add the 70000 to 90000 pts missing from a Single complete run through the Normal level of God's of the Arena!!!

The rewards for the Vanquishing Blow 1-day Event are 25 credits, almost 9000 Valor credits that I've already lost!!!

and that's just the First Day of 35!!!

Way to go Kabam!
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I'm having no dramas so far I'll try to pay closer attention. oluuys7nth9r.png
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    when you say spinning wings, you don't mean special 2 do you? Cos that isn't medium attack
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Yeah, it’s not a special 2, it’s a medium attack. That means sliding you finger to the right.
  • Options
    GD-DEV3LGD-DEV3L Posts: 75
    No spinning wings on archangel is a charged heavy attack........ medium attack is the dash forward wing pop no spin.... so to get that 4k bonus you have to dash forward and finish them with a little dash at em bump so to speak.
  • Options
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    Not to doubt you mate but is aa triggering bleed and that's what killed them.

If my final/last blow is my Medium strike with ArcAngel that fulfills the requirements of the Event Bonus!

Shock / Bleed / Whatever. . . If there is a condition beyond "Final/Last Blow" then WTF!
  • Options
    Dragon_K wrote: »
    No spinning wings on archangel is a charged heavy attack........ medium attack is the dash forward wing pop no spin.... so to get that 4k bonus you have to dash forward and finish them with a little dash at em bump so to speak.

Then MY understanding of a medium blow is completely screwed. ...

Thor's sudden swing up with Mjolnir...
    Hulk's uppercut (and Colossus/ et al...)
    Ghost Rider and his Spinning Chain
    Guillotine and her Spinning Blade (Medusa)
    Nebula - Single Leap (sometimes striking on upswing) and ground-stab shock-wave!

Where on character-information does it specify Medium Attack?

If someone tells me how to specifically determine what Medium Attack IS... I would appreciate it!

Please!
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Also, some champions make this event harder to participate in. Nightcrawler, for example, has a "Deep Wounds" effect that often hits after a Medium attack. If the Deep Wound is actually what takes them down to zero health, you don't get credit for killing them with a Medium attack, even though that's what you did last to hurt them. Also, any champ with a damage over time effect. They tick SO quickly (1 per half second) that it's entirely likely that the Damage over Time effect (Bleed, Poison, Shock, Degen, etc) will "steal" credit instead of your Medium.

One thing that I did to help was to take champions who specifically did NOT have those effects on my easier quest grinds to rack up the Vanq Blows.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,394 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    FPC3 wrote: »
    Also, some champions make this event harder to participate in. Nightcrawler, for example, has a "Deep Wounds" effect that often hits after a Medium attack. If the Deep Wound is actually what takes them down to zero health, you don't get credit for killing them with a Medium attack, even though that's what you did last to hurt them. Also, any champ with a damage over time effect. They tick SO quickly (1 per half second) that it's entirely likely that the Damage over Time effect (Bleed, Poison, Shock, Degen, etc) will "steal" credit instead of your Medium.

One thing that I did to help was to take champions who specifically did NOT have those effects on my easier quest grinds to rack up the Vanq Blows.

You're right @FPC3 , and actually I think that's kind of the point.

I looked at today's Vanquishing Blow quest and thought "Oh, Okay. I can't use any Damage over Time champs, because too many fights will end at times outside my control". So I went with champs who could stun and armour break instead, and haven't had any trouble scoring points.

The VB quests are clever (and will annoy some players) for several reasons: The need to control the final blow kind of encourages you to use different champs than your first choice might be; which (for me) makes the game more interesting. Secondly, it means you can still reach milestones even if you fight with 2 and 3-star champs, as the actual VB bonus is far more valuable than the star rating of your champion. Lastly, the set up of these missions also completely forces you not to use the auto-fight option.

So I kind of like them, and the scoring has been working fine for me - but don't use a champ like AA today. Don't worry @AquarDragon65 - He'll be great in a few days, when you are trying to bleed opponents to death.
  • Options
    OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Not having any issues here
    s55bu526fnze.png
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited November 2017
    LOL, dude you are deff using a heavy attack not medium attack, i know we like to all think it, but kabam is not always trying to pull a fast 1 on us
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★
    Damage over time champs probably aren't the best for vanquishing blows that require a physical hit of any type.