**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

Spider Man Stealth suite doesn't apply slow to her?!! I tried multiple times, it doesn't trigger it at all! but the stacks gets lower every time with no avail

He doesn't apply with class disadvantage
    Didn't know that, thanks
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    If each fight awards 1 point in the event, 9 weeks 9 fights, does that mean objectives starting week 4 will award the rest of 18 points?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Ghost does rogue well enough
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★

No rewards till after 76 days??? 🤦‍♂️

That's why it's the Summer of Pain. You want the best rewards? You gotta earn it. No button mashing here.
    That is if i can pass rogue 🤣
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    So this is peak milestones then, and we don't earn everything in the rewards I presume?
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207

Cyclops can crit through block. Cyclops best counter confirmed?

My quake was vibin. She killed her without a sweat, itemless
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Wonder if the objectives will be like Carina's challenge (like beating the fight using only a 5-star Cyclops).

Since I probably wouldn't have the skills to do the objectives, does that mean with 9 weeks, that is 9 points, so the max rewards would be Milestone 6?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    List of rouge options I’ve seen so far:
    Quake (if you can quake she’s probably the easiest)
    Ghost
    She hulk
    Havok
    Sorcerer supreme
    Dragon man (not seen full solo but have seen close so probably can)
    Corvus (not seen solo either but can do some good damage)
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    Love single boss no path challenges.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    Laksh1995 said:

Cyclops can crit through block. Cyclops best counter confirmed?

My quake was vibin. She killed her without a sweat, itemless
    How? I am getting drop inputs on quake again and no i dont let go of my right thumb. She literally stops quaking once they are stunned..looks like the bug is back 🤦‍♂️