**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★

Also, did anyone notice that this is the same Rogue from the Captain Marvel Champion Challenge from a few years ago?

Unfortunately didn’t play back then
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Also, did anyone notice that this is the same Rogue from the Captain Marvel Champion Challenge from a few years ago?

Yup. As soon as I saw rogue with invade I remembered that event. Is funny because that event lined up with the buffs to she hulk and spidergwen after it ended.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

I almost soloed her with Surfer. Slipped up and got backed into a corner when she was at 26% though. Only took one revive to polish her off.
    On a related note, I hope that the objectives aren’t to use a certain champ because only having a week to take a certain champ up to r5 or 6r2 just isn’t practical. Say if one of the objectives is to use a five star cyclops to take down the boss, I’d have to take mine up from r1 to r5 in less than seven days. That’s just not practical unless you’re also handing out rank up gems for the objectives.

Agree about the champs.
    Also, wow. Good job with Surfer. Have a video?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Yeah didn’t Dragon from UMCOC design it?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★
    got her down to 20% with ghost

could probably solo if i kept trying
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I almost soloed her with Surfer. Slipped up and got backed into a corner when she was at 26% though. Only took one revive to polish her off.
    On a related note, I hope that the objectives aren’t to use a certain champ because only having a week to take a certain champ up to r5 or 6r2 just isn’t practical. Say if one of the objectives is to use a five star cyclops to take down the boss, I’d have to take mine up from r1 to r5 in less than seven days. That’s just not practical unless you’re also handing out rank up gems for the objectives.

Agree about the champs.
    I didn’t think to record, but I’ll be going back in with him to try and get the solo before the fight goes away
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

Agree about the champs.
    I didn’t think to record, but I’ll be going back in with him to try and get the solo before the fight goes away
    Please record if you do. Even if it isn't a solo
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Used Ghost. Kept getting killed because a) I forgot I didn’t have the Wasp synergy and b) accidentally parrying. Eventually I just decided to Zerg it down with revives since I had a bunch of 20% revives expiring in the stash. Knocked off 50% at the beginning, then wasted 8 revives because of stupid mistakes. Still, considering that I’ll probably make those revives back in a week, it’s not that big a price for at least 5000 6* shards later on
  • TeamSoCoTeamSoCo Posts: 63
    I don’t see an objective? Am I missing something?
    H3t3r said:

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

I used a r4 she hulk. Got a solo. Just get good.
    Lol all hail the greatest summoner in the lands! We are not worthy to be in ur presence. I solod with 3* quake bc I can’t be bothered to use my 5*. Get good😂
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Objectives only start from week 4

Objectives only start from week 4

Gotcha thanks man
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Hopefully if they did require certain champs ranked up. Another objective would give those rank up resources.
    TeamSoCo said:

H3t3r said:

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.

Lol all hail the greatest summoner in the lands! We are not worthy to be in ur presence. I solod with 3* quake bc I can’t be bothered to use my 5*. Get good😂
    Where did I say I was the greatest Summoner? You might need to get your eyes checked.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    She has Invade right? Has anyone attempted using Massacre just to see how much Damage an Sp2 from him would do? If you could manage to get Ignited and place an Incinerate too that'd probably be so pretty Juicey Damage...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones...

Any chance we might get a bit more detail on how the event is scored, what the rewards are if you managed to get part-way?

I suspect this event isn't for me, which is fine. But there will be people struggling with this, and it might be helpful to have some kind of breakdown of what they can expect (if anything) if they get halfway, and give up dispirited and broken...
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    Class nexus crystal ? We gotta choose 1 of 3 right ? It's not like in abyss ? 1 of 10 ?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Maybe that means the whole event is just gonna be a Look Back at what was considered at the time Annoying Fights through the years? Albeit with some more Attack and Health
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    solo'd with Dragon Guy ... not a difficult one though honestly ... i wouldn't even depend on slow champs because she shrugs and i don't think it works on passive unstoppable anyway ...

most champs should be good for this as long as you watch the timer.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    H3t3r said:

Is this event a joke ???

I also used my 5* r4 She Hulk...took me a few revives though. Definitely doable.