**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner's Choice Buff Winner Discussion [edited title for clarity]

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

When you put voting behind a depressing mode of gameplay, the results aren’t too surprising. Also all the people who didn’t vote for ant man, voted for guilly (including me)

Are you saying happy people like Antman, and sad people like Guillotine?
    No he has a point. You could describe me holistically as a sad human being
    True, but I describe almost everyone that way.
    Well almost everyone* voted Guillotine hence her victory, so I would say your observation is astute as always

*this is a joke ik it was probably close
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    edited June 2021

As someone who firmly believed that Agent Venom deserved the buff more, I’m still very happy and hope they do her justice.

[removed]
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

As someone who firmly believed that Agent Venom deserved the buff more, I’m still very happy and hope they do her justice.

I have both as 6*s collecting dust, at least one of them is getting buffed, but I need her to be AT LEAST Doom level or bust, I am sick of seeing ally mate using 6* Doom for everything while my Gully is a worthless piece of **** in the current meta. This better not be one of those lame buffs like DDHK or Maw where they aren''t even good enough for harder content.
    Oh boy you're going to be disappointed. The buff would have to be Magneto level. And Kabam has told us that there will likely never be a Magneto level buff ever again.
    They said that?
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

I have both as 6*s collecting dust, at least one of them is getting buffed, but I need her to be AT LEAST Doom level or bust, I am sick of seeing ally mate using 6* Doom for everything while my Gully is a worthless piece of **** in the current meta. This better not be one of those lame buffs like DDHK or Maw where they aren''t even good enough for harder content.
    Oh boy you're going to be disappointed. The buff would have to be Magneto level. And Kabam has told us that there will likely never be a Magneto level buff ever again.
    With all those weeks of suspense and all that elaborate poll/arena just for it, it better SURPASS the Mags buff!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

They said that?
    Yeah, it's somewhere on the forums but honestly the search function to find that one specific post in whatever specific thread it was in, is really rough.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    My girl is getting buffed!!!!!
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Guillotine has synergies, utility, ant man is garbage even with the synergies. Y'all just see he's in a synergy with ghost and decide no, I won't vote for the worse champion because everyone is going to bring him in with ghost and they are both gonna be god tier. Like, if I bring ghost into a quest, I'm not using wasp. She maybe finishes a fight or takes the 7.1 tantrum rhino. If I bring antman (3.4% of the time? Maybe for ROL?) he doesn't even do enough damage. If people are mad about ghost users, hate on ghost because that's who we'll be using.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Kennado said:

I didn't like the idea of giving her a buff over the much more deserving champs only because with a little known synergy (Gamora, Thrasher, MS) you get to 20 soul charges and fire an sp3, that sp3 is among the three most powerful in game. Neither Antman or Agent Venom have that level of burst damage.

Does it need to be all three on the team at once or just one of them? Cause Imma have to try that out. :D
    That's three separate synergies he's referring to. The Night Thrasher synergy increases critical rating (chance) with each soul. That's important for the Gamora synergy which gives a chance to gain a soul every time you hit a bleeding target - Guillotine inflicts bleeds on crit, so increasing crit chance increases the chance the opponent will be bleeding, which increases the chance you'll be gaining souls. The Morningstar synergy makes souls last twice as long before expiring. The combination of all three will make Guillotine ramp up her souls much faster than normal and lose them much slower than normal, and Guillotine's SP3 deals a percentage of the opponent's health in damage per soul she has when she triggers SP3.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    This is not fair. Ant man won community poll by large margin. How come you original character win out of all the other fan favourite. Something is not right here.
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    Congratulations.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

Remember that just because he didn’t win doesn’t mean he’s off the buff list or anything. He just didn’t get the Fall buff spot. We still plan to update all of the Champions on that list.

So someday, we're getting a buff for KK and Joe?

Hmm, my 5* Joe is happy. :)
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Guillotine has synergies, utility, ant man is garbage even with the synergies. Y'all just see he's in a synergy with ghost and decide no, I won't vote for the worse champion because everyone is going to bring him in with ghost and they are both gonna be god tier. Like, if I bring ghost into a quest, I'm not using wasp. She maybe finishes a fight or takes the 7.1 tantrum rhino. If I bring antman (3.4% of the time? Maybe for ROL?) he doesn't even do enough damage. If people are mad about ghost users, hate on ghost because that's who we'll be using.

Here’s what literally everyone doesn’t see. It doesn’t matter if you have “utility” if its common and more efficiently used by most other champs in the game that have more uses than that piece of utility. Guillotine reverses heal on sp2, other champs consistently block/reverse heal (torch, iabom, warlock, civil warrior, etc). Her bleeds are nice but then again, theres nick fury, Wolverine, mole man, blade, all these bleed champs, that render her useless. Sure she’s playable but that’s hardly an argument if she’s considered a waste of resources. Even ant man has her most valuable piece of utility. All she has is damage, ant man is valuable synergy wise already, which is more usage on the team than guilly would ever receive. Also with all the science additions, buffs, tune ups, and purgatory being a “dud” (still fun), mystic needs the help. Very happy she win and ant man will have his time soon, but guilly needed to help out the mystic class. Btw wasp is a beast, i always use her and ghost both.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Mole man came through
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

Here’s what literally everyone doesn’t see. It doesn’t matter if you have “utility” if its common and more efficiently used by most other champs in the game that have more uses than that piece of utility. Guillotine reverses heal on sp2, other champs consistently block/reverse heal (torch, iabom, warlock, civil warrior, etc). Her bleeds are nice but then again, theres nick fury, Wolverine, mole man, blade, all these bleed champs, that render her useless. Sure she’s playable but that’s hardly an argument if she’s considered a waste of resources. Even ant man has her most valuable piece of utility. All she has is damage, ant man is valuable synergy wise already, which is more usage on the team than guilly would ever receive. Also with all the science additions, buffs, tune ups, and purgatory being a “dud” (still fun), mystic needs the help. Very happy she win and ant man will have his time soon, but guilly needed to help out the mystic class. Btw wasp is a beast, i always use her and ghost both.
    Let's hope she'll be the purgatory we never had.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

DawsMan said:

This guy gets it, ppl always said guilly is playable, but are they actually use her or have her 5r5 or 6r2 or even 6r3 nor taking her to some end game content like act 6,7, variants, aw, aq,... or even cav eq, side quest. Yeah she's good but with 2+ synergy to make her playable, and even that there're many champs still surpass her, talk about utility, like you said she's got unstable utility which others could do better and have no impact to the current meta gameplay.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

Remember that just because he didn’t win doesn’t mean he’s off the buff list or anything. He just didn’t get the Fall buff spot. We still plan to update all of the Champions on that list.

Would be nice to have a more detailed planning about who will be rework and approximately when.
  • ADwar616ADwar616 Posts: 76
    Let's gooooooooo
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    I choosed Ant-man from the 6* Nexus I got from the gauntlet...

I hope there wasn’t a much better option.

The good thing is that they said they won’t change the winner’s animations. Now we can get a Giant-Man animation with an eventual AM rework. That’s kinda cool! I like Guilly’s sword chop animations
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    whenever this buff comes i do hope that they fix her animations. she is not smooth to play .. very clunky sword attacks etc.

whenever this buff comes i do hope that they fix her animations. she is not smooth to play .. very clunky sword attacks etc.

I thought it was stated that animations wouldn’t change? Maybe that was the last community vote.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

No animation changes I am afraid.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101

I hope there wasn’t a much better option.

The good thing is that they said they won’t change the winner’s animations. Now we can get a Giant-Man animation with an eventual AM rework. That’s kinda cool! I like Guilly’s sword chop animations
    The 2 others were trash, but still...