**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For those of you who have explored the Gauntlet

2»

Comments

• rivetrivet Posts: 254
    edited June 2021
    I used 60 to 65 revives and lots of pots that I can’t count, mostly from 250 Free TB crystals, I farmed most of them so only used 200 units extra, I am a pretty average to bad player skill wise and wasn’t plan to do it until I saw alliance member’s run and advice, so it was honest much better than I thought as I plan to use at least 3 to 4K units+ my stash. The key is to ram up Ageon to +150 at vision and 999 at weapon x and then it’s easy afterwards. I forget to mention AA is used for weapon x after Ageon ramp up as well. Do you have any version of Proxima, I feel she is better than star lord as she also has a synergy increasing fury potency by 25%

rivet said:

I just did my run, used AA, Ageon, BWCV, Proxima and Heimdall, AA for doom, mojo and Sasquatch’s last health, BWCV for Terrax, the rest is all Ageon. Was initially want to bring Magneto instead of Heimdall, got the advice from alliance members, turns out Proxima and Heimdall are both superuseful, and once Ageon is ramped up, it’s all about him. I would replace red magneto with Proxima, most of the fight red mag does can be done with AA except dragonman, which you can use Ageon

Thanks for that help - I don’t have Proxima but I do have Starlord.

How many revives/health potions did you use?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    I ramped up aegon on weapon x and spent 1k units there. My problem was being to greedy once I got in the flow and I tried to get a 600 combo each time. It hurts a lot to lose a 4/5/600 combo because of no proxima combo shield. Led to tilting and just overall bad play. A break made me gey the rest of the combo in 5 revives.

My advice would be to alwasy quit out at an easy safe spot that you know you can reach for certain. For me that was 300 hits.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Quake and Bake is generally difficult for the Gauntlet - not only is the chip damage going to get you, but some of the fights you'd want to use Quake you can't parry (Spider-Ham was very difficult for me even though I feel somewhat comfortable dex'ing in the corner).

Aegon is definitely a great champion to bring.
    But, (As an average player myself) I would caution about earmarking Weapon X as an easy ramp up spot.

My journey was more of a failed Aegon ramp, but it still seemed to work. I kind of planned to do the same plan as you - did two fights on Vision with Aegon to ramp up a little (after two attempts, banked about 60ish on combo meter). Then I took him in against Weapon X, and found it difficult (psychologically, the fear of losing my combo probably impacts my ability). In the end, over the next few fights, managed to get Aegon to 150 combo by the time I reached Nightcrawler, and then that was a straightforward combo building fight. From then on, even though Aegon was not at 999 combo (I think I ended the Gauntlet with sub 400 combo meter), Aegon still did well when I needed someone to do a lot of damage in a short time before getting KO'd. I was expecting to need to use more revives at Nameless Thanos, but Aegon got him down well enough.

That team, and a budget of 100 revives is definitely more than enough to do it. If you fully ramp up Aegon, unlike me, you'll definitely be able to solo some fights.
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    Looks like a great team to me!
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    You should play into your strengths, not just bring champs that are the best. If you can't play quake and ghost well then don't bring them
    Curious what Team OP end up bringing and the results
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    rivet said:

Curious what Team OP end up bringing and the results

@Disgruntled_User_123
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Thanks for asking @DawsMan and @rivet.

After hours of research and carefully listening to advice (really appreciate your wisdom @rivet)

I decided that Aegon was my main champion, so my team should be centered around him.

Accordingly, I chose:

Aegon
    AA
    Quake
    Fury
    Heimdal

AA handled Sasquatch, the end of Weapon X, and one other fight I can’t remember.

Quake handled Terrax (surprisingly not that bad with Quake and Bake) - only 3 revives.

I used the Quake/Fury evade synergy for Aegon.

Got Aegon ramped up to 150 on Doom (knowing I would die with several attempts). Ramped up Aegon to almost 350 with Vision (again, planning on him dying). This made Spider Ham much easier.
    Finally, I had Weapon X give me my 999 combo. After that, it wasn’t “easy” but the fights became much more manageable. Thanks to this awesome community and Kabam for the great content and forum!
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

After hours of research and carefully listening to advice (really appreciate your wisdom @rivet)

I decided that Aegon was my main champion, so my team should be centered around him.

Accordingly, I chose:

Aegon
    AA
    Quake
    Fury
    Heimdal

AA handled Sasquatch, the end of Weapon X, and one other fight I can’t remember.

Quake handled Terrax (surprisingly not that bad with Quake and Bake) - only 3 revives.

Got Aegon ramped up to 150 on Doom (knowing I would die with several attempts). Ramped up Aegon to almost 350 with Vision (again, planning on him dying). This made Spider Ham much easier.
    Finally, I had Weapon X give me my 999 combo. After that, it wasn’t “easy” but the fights became much more manageable. Thanks to this awesome community and Kabam for the great content and forum!

Good one
    edited June 2021
    Congrats, good to see you have chosen the champion based on who you plan to used most.

Accordingly, I chose:

Aegon
    AA
    Quake
    Fury
    Heimdal