**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Legends Titles

I thought I had what it took to do a legends run. I spent way too many units changing my masteries for it. Only to find out after I attempted that not using an iphone basically disqualifies you. I think there should be a system to reward top so many people for ios and the top so many people across other devices. Just a thought. I did the goldblum challenge in 1:51 and I didn't die at all. I've honestly never played so well before that day. I think extending it to 200 winners is a good idea, top 100 for ios and top 100 across the others.

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I wanna win the Indy 500 driving a beat up Honda.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Well you should have check the forums before even try to do a legend run in an android device ... Basically it's impossible, and there is nothing that can be done unless you get an iphone.
  • hwood1287hwood1287 Posts: 10
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Well you should have check the forums before even try to do a legend run in an android device ... Basically it's impossible, and there is nothing that can be done unless you get an iphone.

It's not impossible if they changed the system. This post was to give an idea to kabam. I'm a samsung user and I don't believe it is a bad device at all. Just thought I would express my ideas and hope for results. And I was aware of needing an iphone to do it but i tried anyway. It just sucks that only iphone users are eligible for legends.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Then your idea was already been suggested a lot of times in the past and Kabam is already aware of the impact that it has on the game
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Instead of encouraging Kabam to cater to Android users, talk to the manufacturers of your phones to increase their storage speed to keep up with Apple.
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    yeh, legend title suppose to be 'special'.. increasing it to top 200 wouldnt make much sense....
    that havng said, not everyone can 'afford' the latest apple product. even older iphones wont cut it now...
    there needs to be a new 'legends' system.

IMO the original 10 tht beat ROL will always be "Legends".. the time attack 'legends' will only be speedsters with spare time, latest device and lots of energy refill...
    maybe a different title for quickness ?

seen too many 'legends' floating around takes away the uniqueness of the title.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Who did you do it with? 1:51 is insanely slow, is android THAT much worse?
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    I wanna win the Indy 500 driving a beat up Honda.

As I read this comment on my new android that has better hardware than the latest iPhone all around, it's been said many times before that Kabams code base is optimized for iOS, it's not that all androids are inferior.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    edited November 2017
    It is not at all impossible to do a Legend Run on an Android phone, it's just more difficult.

The load screens would only slow you down by say 5-7 minutes, which does matter, but it's still very much possible if you are going faster than other people.

You are not immediately disqualified just because of your phone, but having a good phone does matter and does help.

Kabam has said already that they would like to change it to in fight time only, but they don't know how to do it yet. They aren't responsible for peoples phone processors though.

There are most certainly people with Android phones who have legend titles.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    @SlyCat42 is it really 5-10 minutes? Or it more like 40-45 minutes like OP is saying?
  • No it's an android issue. I looked into it because I'm sick of same iPhone coming out every year. Depends on what article you look up but if you find a neutral one it will tell you the android won't update their touch screen because it would take a major overhaul to the phone and every app. Apple created the iPhone with this in mind years ago. And for not affording and iPhone? most phones cost the same now. You can find a cheap iPhone for 200 and yes the olds ones still work so stop making excuses. Apple is a better product and always will be (maybe). This is one of the one things you need to stop blaming on Kabam. Maybe if you stopped crying about every little thing they'd listen when we actually have an issue. But now us apple users have one hole for all our accessories which is ****. So you choose Legend title or Headphone jack. the struggle is real.
    hero3 wrote: »
    yeh, legend title suppose to be 'special'.. increasing it to top 200 wouldnt make much sense....
    that havng said, not everyone can 'afford' the latest apple product. even older iphones wont cut it now...
    there needs to be a new 'legends' system.

IMO the original 10 tht beat ROL will always be "Legends".. the time attack 'legends' will only be speedsters with spare time, latest device and lots of energy refill...
    maybe a different title for quickness ?

seen too many 'legends' floating around takes away the uniqueness of the title.
    danielmath wrote: »

Stark spidey. Not 1 death either.
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    It is not at all impossible to do a Legend Run on an Android phone, it's just more difficult.

The load screens would only slow you down by say 5-7 minutes, which does matter, but it's still very much possible if you are going faster than other people.

You are not immediately disqualified just because of your phone, but having a good phone does matter and does help.

Kabam has said already that they would like to change it to in fight time only, but they don't know how to do it yet. They aren't responsible for peoples phone processors though.

There are most certainly people with Android phones who have legend titles.

Im willing to bet that anyone that has a legend title in the past 3 or 4 months has only got them on iphones

I also had 0 points in my defensive masteries and filled my offense completely. I thought that would give me a little bit of a chance. Used all the greater attack and greater champion boosts and had a 12% tech special damage boost active.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I did it in 1:08 but I’m not sure how much different load times actually are
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    @SlyCat42 is it really 5-10 minutes? Or it more like 40-45 minutes like OP is saying?

Remember you don't have to believe what you read. So, if you want to calculate the actual number you can.

If the Android adds say 5 extra seconds per loading screen and per map you run (just say about) 30 fights that's 30 x 5 = 150 seconds or an extra 2 and a half minutes. If there are 6 maps and it's the longest loading screen every time it adds around 15 minutes on a regular monthly event.

On a special event like Webslinger it's all one pathway so it doesn't even take away that much.

Mind you this just all my estimates. My point is that you can calculate it yourself if you wanted to and find out the difference. However, part of my point was also that Kabam has not adjusted the game to be slower on Android, it's just variations in phone processing and operating system which they can't do anything about.

Preferably they will find ways to make it easier on Android users on the future, but for the time being it's not within their capability to constantly adjust the game to every possible phone variation.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Anyway, there are 2 load screens per fight. One in, one out.

Instead of blaming Kabam for the slower load times, why not look towards Android and get them to optimize their systems more? Just a suggestion.