**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Selling 4* for a shot at Yondu

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
I'm considering selling some 4* to get a second shot at 5* Yondu of I miss him with the shards I already have.

I have 67 4*, 29 of which are 4/40 or 5/50.
All the rest are 3/30 and don't even get used in arena.
I'd need to sell 29 of the 3/30s to get a second go at Yondus feature.

Comments

• Options
    KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    damn and I felt guilty for selling 4 to dupe DV. God speed to you.
  • Options
    IcthalianIcthalian Posts: 31
    Madness :D
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Remember the number 1 rule, don't sell your champs. Go into an alliance that participates in summoner advancement. Or do some act 5 or master mode event quest for those 5* shards. Besides, theres a very slim chance to get a featured from a featured crystal.
  • Options
    FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Imagen selling all those champs and then you don't get him......I won't take that risk :)
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    There is nothing wrong with selling 3/30s you never use (as long as they are not already max duped or close).

Selling a 3/30 nets you more 5* shards than a regular dupe by a decent amount. When you get that champs again, just rank him/her back up to 3/30 and sell again. It is a 5* shard generation engine that is completely overlooked by the playerbase.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with selling 3/30s you never use (as long as they are not already max duped or close).

Selling a 3/30 nets you more 5* shards than a regular dupe by a decent amount. When you get that champs again, just rank him/her back up to 3/30 and sell again. It is a 5* shard generation engine that is completely overlooked by the playerbase.

Um, there is something wrong in selling champs especially if its a 4* at any rank.

1. You lose some precious prestige
    2. You just wasted a bunch of tier 1 alphas (if they are at rank 3)
    3. Those champs may get buffed in the future
    4. If you get those champs to sig level 99, you get a max signature crystal which has a chance to give you the white version of iron fist.
    5. 5* shards can be acquired through mang things. Such as events, act 4, alliance wars, ect.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The_One wrote: »
    I'm considering selling some 4* to get a second shot at 5* Yondu of I miss him with the shards I already have.

I have 67 4*, 29 of which are 4/40 or 5/50.
    All the rest are 3/30 and don't even get used in arena.
    I'd need to sell 29 of the 3/30s to get a second go at Yondus feature.

All I can tell you is I have been farming 4*s since as long as I can remember and it hasn't hurt me in the game one bit. You just need to do what you think is best for you. Don't let other people tell you how to play your game. If selling 29 4* 3/30s is worth a shot at a 5* yondu, then do it and don't look back.

The last time I sold multiple 4*s for a 5* crystal, I duped my Star Lord. So it's a gamble, but if that's what enhances or makes the game more enjoyable to you then I say do it.
  • Options
    DLegend wrote: »

Um, there is something wrong in selling champs especially if its a 4* at any rank.

4. If you get those champs to sig level 99, you get a max signature crystal which has a chance to give you the white version of iron fist.
    5. 5* shards can be acquired through mang things. Such as events, act 4, alliance wars, ect.

1. His prestige would not be affected one bit, that's not how prestige works. If you mean your account hero rating, there is nothing precious about it.
    2. T1as are not even a valuable resource, you only become constrained with these when starting to rank up 5*s. And he would not be wasting them, he would be converting them for 425 5* shards.
    3. He can definitely sit around and wait for the once or twice in a year champ buff and cross his fingers that on every of those useless champs sitting there doing nothing is part of that group. Do you think at this point it would be a game changing buff?
    4. Oh yes, the max sig argument, if you can get to sig99, you get a max sig crystal that has a 1/1000 chance to get White IF who is nothing more than a collectors item.
    5. Yes you can get 5*s through other means but these 5* featured crystals have a time limit. So he can't sit and wait 2 months for his next shot at Yondu.

OP, do what you think is best for you. And if it doesn't work out, guess what, it's just a game. Who cares lol.
  • Options

1. His prestige would not be affected one bit, that's not how prestige works. If you mean your account hero rating, there is nothing precious about it.
    2. T1as are not even a valuable resource, you only become constrained with these when starting to rank up 5*s. And he would not be wasting them, he would be converting them for 425 5* shards.
    3. He can definitely sit around and wait for the once or twice in a year champ buff and cross his fingers that on every of those useless champs sitting there doing nothing is part of that group. Do you think at this point it would be a game changing buff?
    4. Oh yes, the max sig argument, if you can get to sig99, you get a max sig crystal that has a 1/1000 chance to get White IF who is nothing more than a collectors item.
    5. Yes you can get 5*s through other means but these 5* featured crystals have a time limit. So he can't sit and wait 2 months for his next shot at Yondu.

OP, do what you think is best for you. And if it doesn't work out, guess what, it's just a game. Who cares lol.

I agree on that. It depends on you, not us.
  • Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219

6. Next time a compensation package goes out and the cutoff is set, you may fall below that cutoff and come on here and complain.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    With the new 5* announcement, why the hell you anyone do this? 5* champs aren't gone forever anymore.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    never and ever sell 4 stars it stupid and then im wil watig for a 2 mouche if say then he can have more 5 star shard so the advies to sell 29 4 stars is not my advise you get 550 shard when ther i max sig lvl so it tthe end you wil louse alot also becasse if you dont use them in arean you not a grinder then you culd play ther and get more 4 and 5 shard try to play arean dont you understand you use them
  • Options
    Ok, some perspective.
    I have a rating of 308k, the last compensation package cutoff was 200k

I don't grind for featured champs. I don't have the time and let's face it, no-one uses 4*s to grind for featured any more.
    I can easily hit 6 mil in basic arena using only my 4/40s and 5/50s.
    If I already have the basic I use my 3* to go for the feature 3* and easily hit 1.8 mil in that arena

T1 alphas don't even come into it, I sell 2-3 every 3 days​ or they expire.

I have enough shards, an awakening gem and some 5* Sig stones if I'm lucky enough to get him first time.
    I'm just thinking of a fall back for if I don't get him first time.
  • Options
    Indrick781 wrote: »

This is entirely wrong. You'll get more 5* shards long term by duping champs than you will selling unused 4*. Don't listen to this stupid advice.

long term huh?...if you are a grinder, you're statement is completely inaccurate. Factor in basics champs of arena and you will literally be in the same boat as you were before but well ahead in 5* shards. For example, I have unduped champ at 3/30, sell for shards, win basic and rank up, sell for shards, win basic again and rank up and you are literally in the exact spot you were before waiting for a dupe from a crystal. But you are +850 5* shards.

Just because you don't understand the farming aspect of it, don't go around calling things stupid. If you want to sit around waiting on dupes, that's your call, definitely a lot less work, but farming is a no brainer if you have the time and want to do it.
  • Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Ok, some perspective.

I don't grind for featured champs. I don't have the time and let's face it, no-one uses 4*s to grind for featured any more.
    If I already have the basic I use my 3* to go for the feature 3* and easily hit 1.8 mil in that arena

I have enough shards, an awakening gem and some 5* Sig stones if I'm lucky enough to get him first time.

It honestly sounds like you have your mind made up, why ask for advice? Most are telling you it's a dumb idea and you are still leaning towards doing it. Just do it.
  • Options
    JSnook wrote: »
    Ok, some perspective.

It honestly sounds like you have your mind made up, why ask for advice? Most are telling you it's a dumb idea and you are still leaning towards doing it. Just do it.

OP, man up, make a decision, pull the trigger or don't, let us know what happened so we can all cheer, laugh, or cry.
  • Options
    The decision will ultimately be made upon the result of the first crystal
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    This is entirely wrong. You'll get more 5* shards long term by duping champs than you will selling unused 4*. Don't listen to this stupid advice.

It's not entirely wrong. You get a lot of 5* shards if you sell a 4* 3/30 champ. Over the long term, you'll get more shards once you sig 99 your 4* champ and start doubling up on the 5* shards, but if you're in a pinch to get 5* shards quickly for another chance at a featured pull, then it makes sense to sell 3/30s. I personally haven't done it, but I understand why someone would.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I'm not against selling 4*, I just sold a good amount for another shot at duping my Cable. BUT at the time I thought he wasn't coming around again ever and I already had him once. In your situation, I wouldn't sell for another shot at a champ that you aren't sure is good on his first Crystal cycle that you don't have yet. But as always, that's just my opinion on it. Good luck pulling him :)
  • Options

long term huh?...if you are a grinder, you're statement is completely inaccurate. Factor in basics champs of arena and you will literally be in the same boat as you were before but well ahead in 5* shards. For example, I have unduped champ at 3/30, sell for shards, win basic and rank up, sell for shards, win basic again and rank up and you are literally in the exact spot you were before waiting for a dupe from a crystal. But you are +850 5* shards.

Just because you don't understand the farming aspect of it, don't go around calling things stupid. If you want to sit around waiting on dupes, that's your call, definitely a lot less work, but farming is a no brainer if you have the time and want to do it.

I understand it. It's still stupid. Nearly every max sig crystal I get is another 275 5* shards. I have a solid number of max sig champs. Each time I dupe them, I get 550 shards. I get roughly 3-4 4* crystals a week, not including what I get from getting a 4* from a PHC. Since I have nearly all of the 4* in the crystals, I'm nearly guaranteed a dupe. Each dupe is 275 shards. If I get the 4 4*, that's a minimum of 1375 shards, not including AW wins or SA. If I dupe one of the several max sig champs, that number goes up again. I understand your reasoning, it's just stupid.

Yes I would agree in that sense. If you are end game level, and have predominantly a lot of champs already or near max dupe then it would make no sense to sell or farm champs. but I highly doubt the majority of people out there get 3-4 4* crystals a week to be able to reach that point. But if you do and are, great, I don't have a long term view of this game seeing as I could quit tomorrow and not even bat an eye over it especially the way things have been going.

But again, OP, if you think it's worth the gamble then do it. Or take this guys advice and hunker down and wait for the long term "investment" to pay off. Definitely find a good alliance though, 3-4 4* a week is beastly.

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    if you wont to selv the champ so doing it but my advies is never sell champ
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Don't sell anything. Trust me.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Long term you'll get more 5* shards buy not selling. I understand the desire to try for Yondu though. I'm not sure if he's worth setting yourself back for though. In the end it's your account. Good Luck
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    You may want to consider that a 5* arena may be on the way with the changes they are making. You may shoot yourself in the foot if they have a basic and featured 5* arena.

Anyway I'd never sell a champ for any reason. The max sig crystals are too value.
  • Options
    KSiebsKSiebs Posts: 12
    This is entirely wrong. You'll get more 5* shards long term by duping champs than you will selling unused 4*. Don't listen to this stupid advice.[/quote]

Just because you don't understand the farming aspect of it, don't go around calling things stupid. If you want to sit around waiting on dupes, that's your call, definitely a lot less work, but farming is a no brainer if you have the time and want to do it.[/quote]

I actually did the math on this yesterday because I also came to the conclusion that it's better to sell 3/30 champs that are never used. To piggyback on the farming example, you will get more 5* shards (425 vs 275) for selling a 3/30 4* compared to a dupe. It isn't until they are maxed that the dupe gives more (550 vs 425) since you likely get extra shards from the max hero crystal. But even then, you could sell a lvl 99 dupe, get 425 shards, pull him again and sell for another 425 (850 total) vs the 550 shards from not selling and getting a dupe.

For those wondering, I figured out the breakeven or how many times you would have to pull the same 4* hero to where not selling is the better long-term strategy. So, make your own conclusions but I think if you don't use them in arena and the resources to take them to 3/30 are easy to come by then sell away.

No Dupe - 15 Pulls
    Single Dupe - 12 Pulls
    2x Dupe - 10 Pulls
    3x Dupe - 8 Pulls
    4x Dupe - 6 Pulls
    Max - 4 Pulls
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    KSiebs wrote: »

Just because you don't understand the farming aspect of it, don't go around calling things stupid. If you want to sit around waiting on dupes, that's your call, definitely a lot less work, but farming is a no brainer if you have the time and want to do it.[/quote]

I actually did the math on this yesterday because I also came to the conclusion that it's better to sell 3/30 champs that are never used. To piggyback on the farming example, you will get more 5* shards (425 vs 275) for selling a 3/30 4* compared to a dupe. It isn't until they are maxed that the dupe gives more (550 vs 425) since you likely get extra shards from the max hero crystal. But even then, you could sell a lvl 99 dupe, get 425 shards, pull him again and sell for another 425 (850 total) vs the 550 shards from not selling and getting a dupe.

For those wondering, I figured out the breakeven or how many times you would have to pull the same 4* hero to where not selling is the better long-term strategy. So, make your own conclusions but I think if you don't use them in arena and the resources to take them to 3/30 are easy to come by then sell away.

No Dupe - 15 Pulls
    Single Dupe - 12 Pulls
    2x Dupe - 10 Pulls
    3x Dupe - 8 Pulls
    4x Dupe - 6 Pulls
    Max - 4 Pulls[/quote]

It's completely counterproductive to invest Resources into Ranking a Champ just to sell them again. Duping gives much better Rewards. So do Max Sig Crystals. Now, whether people choose to sell or not is up to them. However, there is no logic in the idea that selling is more beneficial.