**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Looking for clarification on upcoming 1 Gold booster (for those who bought the $20 pass)

Comments

• Options
    DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    edited July 2021
    Well all this non sense is making me be petty AF...
    So here we go ..

FREE PLAYERS: 1 gold 7 extra days (x ammount of shards depending on how many times they messed up), chances to buy 1 time 4.99 for another 7 days. POSSIBLE TOTAL 4.99+ 1 GOLD

PLAYERS WHO BOUGHT RESORT PACKAGE: 14.99 2X the milestones and 7 extra days for 1 gold, also the chance to buy extra week for 4.99. POSSIBLE TOTAL 19.98 + 1 GOLD

PLAYERS WITH RESORT PLUS: 2X MILESTONES, 7 EXTRA DAYS, ANOTHER 7 EXTRA DAYS FOR 1 GOLD FOR 19.99+ 1 gold

REFUND ME BACK MY 1 CENT
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Both of your values of the pass are subjective.

I'm pretty sure you're confused, as I haven't actually stated what I believe the value of the pass to be. I've only stated I believe that value to be subjective, which you are somehow saying is itself a subjective valuation, which is ridiculous.
    Not quite but your tu quoque game is in full effect today.

You’ve argued that something which was only available for cash being made free is a matter of subjective opinion.
    That is not even close to what I said. It is so far away from what I said, I don't believe any reasonable person would need further explanation.

Also, maybe try not to misuse terms like "tu quoque" when you're having difficulties with "decry."
    Are you calling me an idiot? 😂 jk but seriously whatever man I have arena to grind. Just know that when something is sold as exclusive to cash then immediately made free the value of that purchase is diminished.

As to Damien no they didn’t intend to do any of that, it was an after thought (evident by the dates and absence from in game mail mentioning it) like giving away the booster for free. This of course was done after people bought something they thought the only avenue to obtain it was via cash.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    The 7 days isn't the only thing sold in the Pass. I can buy Lucky Charms for the marshmallows, but I also purchase the cereal.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The booster is for those who made the mistake not buying the simple pass, not for the ftp players. So overall is exactly the same as buying the pass plus from the start. The 1 gold deal is a 7-days free extension, nothing to do with the booster. AN extension to whatever choice you made at the first place, free or pass. I really don't get why all this fuss, everyone gets something more than he already payed or not payed for, the initial value of your purchase gets an upgrade, the end.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Searmenis said:

The booster is for those who made the mistake not buying the simple pass, not for the ftp players. So overall is exactly the same as buying the pass plus from the start. The 1 gold deal is a 7-days free extension, nothing to do with the booster. AN extension to whatever choice you made at the first place, free or pass. I really don't get why all this fuss, everyone gets something more than he already payed or not payed for, the initial value of your purchase gets an upgrade, the end.

I’m pretty sure had they offered the 1 gold deal the same day as the initial plus pass these 2 things would have occurred
    A) forums and social media flooded with “why is kabam charging $20 at the same time as offering 1 gold?
    B. )plus pass sales would be so low they may as well be non existent.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Grumpy said:

This confuses me

all acts are 100%

Have to spend 7 of the tokens too to unlock the next purchase level.

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Grumpy said:

This confuses me

all acts are 100%

Can't just skip to the stuff you actually want, you have to buy certain amounts of the early stuff just to be able to purchase the bigger stuff later. Basically makes it similar to the calendar in that the good stuff typically is at the end but you still have to hit all the early logins to get there
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

That is correct. If you purchased the Plus Pass, and Claim the 7 Day Milestone booster from the store, and complete every objective, you'll earn 1400 6-Star Shards.

I love it 👍

Edit: Nvm.
  • Options
    So i have been warned about spamming due to a technical difficulty where it post THE SAME message 3 times UNINTENCIONALLY, and been told to reach support. I did reach support and i havent had a reply in 24 hrs @Kabam Miike.
    I guess it is more convenient to promote more spending in the forums but not take responsibilities about the spending. God forbid u request a refund from the financial institution or google and then Kabam slaps u with a negative unit pack even though they think they can tell you what to spend the money on.
    After selling the package and pretty much giving away the 5$ premium for 1g you are cheating me out of my 5$
  • Options
    Peckle07 said:

That is correct. If you purchased the Plus Pass, and Claim the 7 Day Milestone booster from the store, and complete every objective, you'll earn 1400 6-Star Shards.

You do see the issue with the devaluation though right? I personally bought the Plus Pass only for that 7-day grace period that was not available otherwise. I did not buy it for the 700 extra 6* shards, so this change does not mean anything to me. If I knew we would be getting a 7-day grace period essentially for free, I would not have paid $5 more. I hope you see the problem with this and how it could affect potential deals in the future. It's very concerning if you are not aware how this comes off as shady.
    Its a scam and they know its a scam and got no idea how to fix it... Thats why the are telling you to open a ticket. They know the ticket is a complete dead end. I have been waiting for 24 hs on a response and still nothing, not even the automated response.
    Its funny they dont discuss purchases on the forum but they do promote them....
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Trying to look at this from an objective perspective: other than an additional 7 days of 6* shards, what is the difference between those who spent the extra money for the buffer with the resort plus pass and those who will get the same buffer eriod for 1 gold? I'm sure for some 700 6* shards isn't worth the additional actual money spent, so I wonder what makes this justifiable to Kabaam, as they essentially changed the value of a product after many had already purchased that product. Honestly curious as to what people see as the value, and if you feel it's worth it.

Saying they changed the value of the product is not an objective perspective, it is a subjective perspective. Objectively speaking, they did not change the value of the product. The product granted seven milestone points for five bucks (USD). It did before, it does now.

It is a subjective perspective to say that the value changed, because that's based on the subjective perspective of someone who wanted the additional milestone points more before, and less now.
    This argument completely ignores the entire field of behavioral economics. If most people would frame the first 7 of free milestones as more valuable than the second set of 7 free milestones, then yes, the consumer has placed more value on it making it more objective than you make it sound.

Besides, what is the objective truth if not the conglomerate of all subjective realities to a relativist?
    This position makes the entire notion of objective value meaningless. There exists no thing that consumers would not individually attach differing amounts of value to. In fact, a fundamental principle of economics, the principle of supply and demand dynamics, makes the presumption that everyone will attach different value to an item, and the item's overall price will then move to the location of equilibrium.

Even the statement that a ten dollar bill has objective value becomes meaningless, because everyone values a ten dollar bill differently. Rich people assign it very little value. Poor people assign it very large value. What's the consensus objective value of a ten dollar bill, given this wide disparity?

For me, the objective value of a ten dollar bill is ten US dollars.

Incidentally, the study of behavioral economics is explicitly the field of study that attempts to incorporate the intrinsic subjectivity of individual valuation into a macro economic framework. By definition, behavioral economists study subjective value.
  • Options
    Peckle07 said:

You do see the issue with the devaluation though right? I personally bought the Plus Pass only for that 7-day grace period that was not available otherwise. I did not buy it for the 700 extra 6* shards, so this change does not mean anything to me. If I knew we would be getting a 7-day grace period essentially for free, I would not have paid $5 more. I hope you see the problem with this and how it could affect potential deals in the future. It's very concerning if you are not aware how this comes off as shady.
    There s no devaluation since you are getting two times the extra shards, the game doesn't sit there and thinks "oh, but there s also this Peckle guy who don't want the shards, just a few days extra". The INITIAL difference between pass and pass plus, was the 7 days SHARDS, not a falesafe. If you want to use your shards to buy an extra day, it's your choice.

Plus, if kabam decided to do the 1 gold deal only for the ftp players, we would ve had now at least 10 Peckles screaming that they got the pass plus for the extra days for $5 (even if they didn't in the first place and they just like to get grumpy over minor details), and the ftp players now get it for free! Outrageous! Burn the (scarlet) witches!
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Searmenis said:

Peckle07 said:

There s no devaluation since you are getting two times the extra shards, the game doesn't sit there and thinks "oh, but there s also this Peckle guy who don't want the shards, just a few days extra". The INITIAL difference between pass and pass plus, was the 7 days SHARDS, not a falesafe. If you want to use your shards to buy an extra day, it's your choice.

Plus, if kabam decided to do the 1 gold deal only for the ftp players, we would ve had now at least 10 Peckles screaming that they got the pass plus for the extra days for $5 (even if they didn't in the first place and they just like to get grumpy over minor details), and the ftp players now get it for free! Outrageous! Burn the (scarlet) witches!
    What nonsense. Kabam created an event that reduced the rewards taken if you miss a day and sold you the option to correct that or insure against it with what at the time was only available for cash. They changed that and that change changed the value of that transaction.

This has nothing to do with people caring what ftp get and everything to do with being sold something that was only available for cash then to be given that same thing for free.

Can you LARP in an appropriate place?
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Two things

1) To see why people have a reason to be upset, all you need to do is tweak numbers. Say... you were offered the pass to buy an addition 1 day of grace. Then they turn around and give everyone 50 free days of grace. Clearly, the value of 1 day of grace vs. 0 days is far greater than 51 days vs 50 days. I see no relevance in debating if the bonus shards are worth the pass, because will be subjective, but it's clear the information had at time of purchase is different to the information today.

2) When Miike says anyone who has an issue should contact support, they really should and hopefully they'll do something in that situation. Back when the Kingpin buff was released and the spotlight contained the wrong prestige information, we were told the same. I contacted support and (to my surprise) they removed the sig stones from Kingpin and gave them back to me.

Contact support if you were effected by the resort plus pass issue.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Peckle07 said:

What nonsense. Kabam created an event that reduced the rewards taken if you miss a day and sold you the option to correct that or insure against it with what at the time was only available for cash. They changed that and that change changed the value of that transaction.

This has nothing to do with people caring what ftp get and everything to do with being sold something that was only available for cash then to be given that same thing for free.

The problem with this whole mess is completely absurd. The people who bought the resort plus should be the beneficiaries; but as a result of this mess.

-The free players that DIDN'T MESS UP are getting the most benefits since they are getting 700 shards for 1 gold.
    -The free players that messed up an x ammount of days cause they are getting an 7-x times 100 shards for 1 gold

The people that paid for that benefit are left with 1 extra week of objective completion for 700 shards.

U want a solution?...Kabam doesnt wanna refund the 5 dollars?.. well let the resort PLUS players buy the extra week for 1 Gold 2 TIMES...
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Peckle07 said:

The SHARDS are available for cash, and the shards still are. It's not the first time part of the game has a time limit! It Is That SImple!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Ebony_Naw said:

Anyway, my choice of behavioral economics was specific, because if people are going to reliably act in a predictable manner under a certain set of circumstances, then wouldn't you say there has to be more to it than worthless subjectivity?

The study of behavioral economics is the study of how people behave in situations where they all behave differently for subjective reasons. When people are all going to reliably behave in the same predictable manner, you don't need behavioral economics. In those situations, you just need economics.

Subjectivity is not worthless: if it were, behavioral economics would also be worthless. The first step to recognizing the value of behavioral economics is to assume that the doctrine that items have an objective value that everyone gravitates towards, and differences in valuation can always be averaged out, is not fundamentally true in all cases.
  • Options
    Peckle07 said:

Searmenis said:

Peckle07 said:

First of all, you're wrong. The PRIMARY selling point of Pass Plus was the 7-days of milestones being instantly acquired (i.e. 7-days of grace period, if you are not able to understand). I bought it for that grace period, not for 700 extra shards. You know why? Because there was no grace period available for everyone and I had missed a day already due to how stupid the setup was. This means the only reason I spent an extra $5 was to get grace days.

Simple fact: now that the previously unavailable 7-day grace period is available to everyone, I spent $5 for basically nothing. You're gonna say "bUt nOW yOu gET 700 mORe sIX-StAR shARdS". That's not the point. That's not why I bought it in the first place, so it doesn't matter. Maybe an analogy would help you understand why this is an issue. Imagine that you bought a VIP pass to a concert that allows backstage access or something. The next day, they announce that everyone is gonna get backstage access. So now as a bonus, you get a water bottle. Do you think this is okay? Did you buy the VIP pass for the water bottle or the backstage access? I'm sure there is a better analogy and value-wise it's nowhere near a fair comparison, but the idea is the same.

Finally, as others in this thread pointed out, there is a huge difference between 0 vs 7 and 7 vs 14. I couldn't care less about getting the extra 7 days because I play the game everyday. I'm not gonna need more than 7 days at all. So having 14 days of grace period has 0 value for me. So, yes, there is devaluation, because of why I bought it in the first place.
    Well, I bought it for the shards, so no, there isn't.