**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Fighting Voodoo mini-Boss in map 4 aq

He’s not difficult, I can easily solo him every time without losing health, but today I found a bug in the game. If you push him to his sp2, and then use dexterity to evade both parts of the attack, on the second one, you still get the dexterity pop up, and I am doing it properly, but it’s almost like the attack is unevadeable. Took a good portion of my heatlh, even though I evaded it properly. This only occurs in map 4 AQ. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• I didn't even know he had two parts to his s2 and he's my main champion in aq. I do map 5 and don't usually fight him so I can't confirm this but to be clear you aren't referring to his s1? That move definitely has 2 parts. However the first part is a contact hit and the second is an aoe effect. You can backdash through it but if you stand on the spot toward the end of the animation you'll still get hit.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    I didn't even know he had two parts to his s2 and he's my main champion in aq. I do map 5 and don't usually fight him so I can't confirm this but to be clear you aren't referring to his s1? That move definitely has 2 parts. However the first part is a contact hit and the second is an aoe effect. You can backdash through it but if you stand on the spot toward the end of the animation you'll still get hit.

How did you not know his sp2 is a 2 part special, is my question.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    I didn't even know he had two parts to his s2 and he's my main champion in aq. I do map 5 and don't usually fight him so I can't confirm this but to be clear you aren't referring to his s1? That move definitely has 2 parts. However the first part is a contact hit and the second is an aoe effect. You can backdash through it but if you stand on the spot toward the end of the animation you'll still get hit.

His l2 is also 2 hit special....
  • Crusher wrote: »

Yeah I payed attention and used it a little while ago. I don't usually use that special, and when I do I lob it as an intercept from a distance so sorry for that.

The attack itself will land wherever you are. It doesn't hit a spot at a set distance from you. Are you dashing back to the end of the screen? Not the wall but the maximum distance from voodoo to your champion. If so then as I said before when referencing his sp1, if you're in the area of impact at any time during the animation window you will get hit regardless if you activated dexterity or not. Dexterity doesn't make you invincible contrary to what most people think. It allows you to avoid damage by getting completely out of the way during an attack window.

Example. Electro's s1. Easy to activate the dexterity buff, but if you don't get out of range during the first backdash you will still get hit.

You mentioned it's only a map 4 issue though and I haven't done map 4 in months, however voodoo is in map 5 several times and I've never heard this before. Usually no one loses health against voodoo in aq as he's almost as easy GR when controlled by the AI.

Again I haven't checked or been on map 4 in a while but you could potentially be facing him on an unblockable s2 node as well. I don't see how it could be exclusive to map 4 unless it's node related.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Crusher wrote: »

Yeah I payed attention and used it a little while ago. I don't usually use that special, and when I do I lob it as an intercept from a distance so sorry for that.

The attack itself will land wherever you are. It doesn't hit a spot at a set distance from you. Are you dashing back to the end of the screen? Not the wall but the maximum distance from voodoo to your champion. If so then as I said before when referencing his sp1, if you're in the area of impact at any time during the animation window you will get hit regardless if you activated dexterity or not. Dexterity doesn't make you invincible contrary to what most people think. It allows you to avoid damage by getting completely out of the way during an attack window.

Example. Electro's s1. Easy to activate the dexterity buff, but if you don't get out of range during the first backdash you will still get hit.

You mentioned it's only a map 4 issue though and I haven't done map 4 in months, however voodoo is in map 5 several times and I've never heard this before. Usually no one loses health against voodoo in aq as he's almost as easy GR when controlled by the AI.

Again I haven't checked or been on map 4 in a while but you could potentially be facing him on an unblockable s2 node as well. I don't see how it could be exclusive to map 4 unless it's node related.

You don’t really read what’s written don’t you ?
    He said dexterity activated.

It’s a bug that happened few times for me, with magneto’s SP2