**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Since when can power sting kill u when time's up

So today in aq, i was fighting against yj and got stung just b4 the fight finishes and he was still up, so i used sp3 anyways cuz there was 1 sec left and when it's done and the time was up, power sting still killed me...as i know power sting or any other effects stop working when time's up, so what happened here? Plz explain

Comments

• Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    It is like the time freezes when you use a sp3. You don't take bleed damage, for instance.
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    It is like the time freezes when you use a sp3. You don't take bleed damage, for instance.

No dude, when time's up, no effect can affect u in any way, u can't regen or take bleed dmg or limbo dmg or power sting dmg -_-
    If you used your sp3 in the last second, it was in this last second that power sting triggered. You just saw it after because of the animation.
    If you used your sp3 in the last second, it was in this last second that power sting triggered. You just saw it after because of the animation.

If i used sp3 in the last sec, time still goes on bud, and u can try it if u don't believe me, so when it reaches 0 all effects stop working, and i tried it dozen times when I got power sting...
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Typically, when using a special with Power Sting, it kills you even before the special is used. It still triggers the second you use the special 3, but you get the bonus of using the attack because of the way it is designed. It killed you when you used it, you just didn't see it until after.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    To clarify for o.p.:

1. Power sting triggers before the actual special attack (you might be getting confused with the way recoil works)
    2. If anything the fact that you got that sp3 in and that extra damage, that is where the bug is, not the fact you got power stung but the fact you were still able to get the sp3 in.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    To clarify for o.p.:

1. Power sting triggers before the actual special attack (you might be getting confused with the way recoil works)
    2. If anything the fact that you got that sp3 in and that extra damage, that is where the bug is, not the fact you got power stung but the fact you were still able to get the sp3 in.

wrong. Power sting triggers before sp1 and sp2, but after sp3. However, the damage for the sp3 and the resulting power sting I guess both register immediately when you use them... you're just then watching the animation play out.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    To clarify for o.p.:

wrong. Power sting triggers before sp1 and sp2, but after sp3. However, the damage for the sp3 and the resulting power sting I guess both register immediately when you use them... you're just then watching the animation play out.

LMFAO guess I still was not clear enough. You are agreeing with me so thanks!
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    When a match in aw or aw is timed out and it hits 0.00 there is still a second the match carries on. That is why power sting got you. The same will happen if u pause the match and the runner will go to 0 then your pause screen will go away and you have a split second you can react. The match does not really end until u see the words time out
  • Match does not end until a few seconds after 0:00. This is to compensate for the few seconds it takes when the match starts when characters are not within reach of each other. It also is to punish those that try to timeout the game, forcing to play for a few seconds after 0:00 when you can get hit by a special 3, take debuff damage, etc.
    So u guys say if i got stung and used sp3 and that sp3 killed him, I'll still lose health??!
    Hazem wrote: »
    So u guys say if i got stung and used sp3 and that sp3 killed him, I'll still lose health??!

No. Your damage is aplied before the power sting damage. If you managed to kill YJ with your sp3, you would be safe.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Everyone has kind of already answered this, but just to reiterate.

What's happening is sting always goes off before the special. Because you use a special 3 you don't see that damage applied until after the animation, but it is already present.

Having the timer run out no longer matters because the only way to stop sting from killing you is to have YJ actually die from you sp3 because the sting was already applied.

It works this way on every special, it's just less obvious with an sp3 because it has to run through the whole animation first.

There's nothing abnormal about the way that it's working. It just happened before the timer ran out because it technically triggered at the very beginning of your sp3.