**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation 3.0 is out.

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Just now.

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Nice, when I read this I thought they were gonna give some normal revives but this is fine with me too since I was low on glory anyway.

Normal revives would have been cool but Beggars can't be choosers i guess
    Typhoon said:

Aq compensation is nice but it's not the only game mode where people are having this issue.

Something is better than nothing i guess.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Typhoon said:

Aq compensation is nice but it's not the only game mode where people are having this issue.

Something is better than nothing i guess.
    No doubt.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

True, some normal revives would’ve been useful too but I’m sure they’re gonna give a massive compensation when the problem gets solved. Other than SoP and the side quest if it doesn’t get solved towards the end of the month I would suggest holding off on some important content.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

But it’s the only game mode you are “forced” to play. Forced being lightly used, they give enough glory that you can avoid doing aq as well.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

That's exactly my thought. Like I get they're giving compensation out and I appreciate it but why are we not getting normal pots. This bug is affecting every other game mode 🤨

They've already said working on Compensation for this issue once it has been addressed, and have to measure the impact so likely it'll not the last.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Appreciate the compensation but yes some normal revives would've been nice. Personally, my alliance has decided against doing AQ for a while.
  • DevilmayCry3DevilmayCry3 Posts: 34

Nice, when I read this I thought they were gonna give some normal revives but this is fine with me too since I was low on glory anyway.

They are giving revives next week.... Pack Of Revives Incoming

Appreciate the compensation but yes some normal revives would've been nice. Personally, my alliance has decided against doing AQ for a while.

Would be the same for us too. It's a good time to let people have their own time

They are giving revives next week.... Pack Of Revives Incoming
    Yep I saw it a few minutes ago, hopefully it will be good. Thanks for trying to help. I stupidly tried to do V7 completion so maybe it might compensate for that, but that was all my fault for doing it while the bug is there so I’m fine if it’s that much. At least it’s something, with the new SoP fight coming out.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

That's exactly my thought. Like I get they're giving compensation out and I appreciate it but why are we not getting normal pots. This bug is affecting every other game mode 🤨

Kabam is continuing to recommend that players avoid difficult content where possible until the bugs have been resolved. I am guessing that Kabam is acknowledging that this is something individual players can do relatively easily, but alliances cannot as easily do across the alliance when it comes to AQ, so compensation is currently targeting AQ.

When it comes to normal content, players could theoretically hold off until the bug is fixed and then Kabam could give out a bunch of energy refills to allow player to catch up as part of one big compensation package. It is not a perfect solution but it is something. Normally Kabam gives out compensation for game disruptions only after the disruption is fixed, so they know the scope of the problem. For solo content, this is still something that is reasonable to do.

But with AQ that's much trickier because it can be more difficult to coordinate map changes in an alliance, and potions might only be necessary while the bug exists. If you wait until the bug is fixed and then give a big pile of potions at the end players will first have to spend units to buy potions to use now, then they'll get a bunch of potions in compensation they won't need anymore. So instead of waiting to the end, they are feeding players smaller AQ compensation packages to hand them some potions to use going into AQ if they are still having problems in AQ and stepping down to avoid those issues is impractical, plus extra glory for alliances who are stepping down to try to compensate for the bugs.

This is just a guess, but it seems reasonably likely to me.
    For content like act 6 and 7 which are permanent, sure. Nobody has any particular need or rush to do those.
    Act 7 exploration is vital for becoming TB. If you miss out on TB by a month, that's a ton of t5cc and TB dailies gone to waste
    TB 24 hr crystals are infinite. So there always there. It's no different that you not having them currently. And there isn't that much for Act 7 exploration in terms of T5CC.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★

They announced a revive/potion package will come early next week. That is not the final comp package. Just something to supplement like the AQ stuff.

Haven’t se a mod confirmation this even I’m don’t doubt it
    Gamer said:

They announced a revive/potion package will come early next week. That is not the final comp package. Just something to supplement like the AQ stuff.

Haven’t se a mod confirmation this even I’m don’t doubt it
    See the post by @ItsDamien on top, it has the link for the confirmation a comp package being sent out next week.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    These revives can allow me to carry my alliance a bit more than I usually do. Normally we're pretty good at clearing map 5 but there's been a very noticeable dip in performance these last few weeks. I initially just saved up on the revives I got (just like the rest of my mates) and waited for the bug to be fixed. However, since it has dragged out and we've gotten more and more revives, I suddenly find myself with a bunch of them in the overflow. I'll have to dust off my big boy pants and take some alliance leader responsibility, I guess. Someone has to be the boss killer if a bunch of our normal heavy-hitters are annoyingly weighed down by bugs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam is continuing to recommend that players avoid difficult content where possible until the bugs have been resolved. I am guessing that Kabam is acknowledging that this is something individual players can do relatively easily, but alliances cannot as easily do across the alliance when it comes to AQ, so compensation is currently targeting AQ.

When it comes to normal content, players could theoretically hold off until the bug is fixed and then Kabam could give out a bunch of energy refills to allow player to catch up as part of one big compensation package. It is not a perfect solution but it is something. Normally Kabam gives out compensation for game disruptions only after the disruption is fixed, so they know the scope of the problem. For solo content, this is still something that is reasonable to do.

But with AQ that's much trickier because it can be more difficult to coordinate map changes in an alliance, and potions might only be necessary while the bug exists. If you wait until the bug is fixed and then give a big pile of potions at the end players will first have to spend units to buy potions to use now, then they'll get a bunch of potions in compensation they won't need anymore. So instead of waiting to the end, they are feeding players smaller AQ compensation packages to hand them some potions to use going into AQ if they are still having problems in AQ and stepping down to avoid those issues is impractical, plus extra glory for alliances who are stepping down to try to compensate for the bugs.

This is just a guess, but it seems reasonably likely to me.
    One query—if the “avoid difficult content” warning still applies, why not keep all SoP quests open from the bug inception to now?

Dr. Zola
    I don't know, but I can speculate. MCOC has issues when it comes to scheduled events. It is very difficult to change when things happen, or when they expire. Problems often come up that are extremely difficult to fix. When they tried to extend Darkhawk, they ran into one such problem: people were getting extra points for killing him outside his original window, because the extended duration was being treated by the game as "another event" which earned points.

Not only that, they also announced that they would be revoking the point hopefully before the turn of the millennium. Presumably this is because they will need to do a manual audit for those extra points and then manually revoke them from the game databases. This will take a lot of time, which is why those points are still lingering.

Suppose this problem is deep in the code for the events and the behavior can't be trivially changed while the event is running. That means every SoP fight they extend will run into the same problem with more and more players earning extra points they will have to track down and manually revoke. That's a mess.

Maybe, and again I'm just speculating, the devs decided to stop doing that after the Darkhawk problem, and are currently investigating alternatives to addressing Parry/Dex during SoP. Maybe they can rerun those fights later with fixed point mechanics. Maybe they will compensate players with free points. Maybe they will do something completely different I can't think up. But that could be why SoP fights are no longer being extended even though Kabam's advice is still to avoid difficult content. And until they know what they are going to do, and with developers spending all their time chasing down problems left and right, they don't want to say anything until they have a plan of attack - not even that they are working on a plan of attack just in case the plan of attack is to do nothing, which is always a possibility. Common practice when you aren't sure what you are going to do: don't say anything that could be misconstrued until you at least have a vague idea where you're going.
    This is what I would have thought as well. Historically, the game has had tremendous difficulty addressing anything that runs counter to its schedule.

But…it does seem to contradict the thrust of the difficult content warning.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274203/gameplay-issues-fix-timeline#latest

Probably posted elsewhere, but I would pin this to the top of the forums.

Dr. Zola