**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who to R3 first?

KumbieKumbie Posts: 62
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just took down the Grandmaster for the first time (fun fight by the way) and I pulled cosmic ghost rider from one of the 6* crystals I opened.
Now my issue is I'm torn because I have an Apocalypse unawakened at r2 who I was planning on taking to R3 as my first.
My question is who should I R3 first between these two beasts.

(progression wise my next move is exploring the last 2 variants and then exploring all of act 6 before moving on to act7/book2)
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Apoc.
  • Options
    dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    Apoc is closer to r3 right now, and once you get him to rank 3, do act 7. From those resources, bring up CGR...
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse is a champion that you want to bring along as soon as you need a mutant champion, even if you specifically need another mutant champion. He just slots in so well with that whole class.

CGR is great and probably gains a lot from being ranked up, but for better or worse he's a more standalone champ. That is a great feature in itself since you never have to build a team specifically around him, but it also means that he isn't quite the same pillar of your roster that Apocalypse probably is.

So I would rank up Apocalypse.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Do act 7 first. It's way easier with way better rewards.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I would do act 7 before exploring act 6. You will spend much less resources exploring 7.1 and 7.2 than you will on act 6 and energy wise is a LOT more efficient. By the time you explore 7.1 and 7.2 you will have 4 25% selectors and 5 25% crystals. With all of that, you might be able to r3 both Apoc and cosmic ghost rider. Not to mention, the sooner you get thronebreaker, the more points you can get in Summer of Pain, which gives you a lot of t5cc, you will be able to easily take both to r3. I have decent skills and was able to explore 7.1 using around 10 revives total.

As for who to r3, whichever one is closer to getting a tier 5 Catalyst. You can't go wrong with either.

Sounds like a plan, will checkout act 7 after I finish the variants, was thinking it's way more tough than act 6
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

Apocalypse is a champion that you want to bring along as soon as you need a mutant champion, even if you specifically need another mutant champion. He just slots in so well with that whole class.

CGR is great and probably gains a lot from being ranked up, but for better or worse he's a more standalone champ. That is a great feature in itself since you never have to build a team specifically around him, but it also means that he isn't quite the same pillar of your roster that Apocalypse probably is.

So I would rank up Apocalypse.

Thanks hey, I was leaning towards Apoc myself mainly because he is closer to R3 lol