**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Early Thoughts on Hela

Haven’t seen anything on the forum about this and I’m sure I’ve missed a couple posts about it. I know it’s always difficult to tell without anyone sharing footage so no need to share those kind of thoughts...

But to me it seems like she has some real potential to stack furies if you’re always on the attack and spamming the S1. Could she rank up there with SL and spidey as best damage output?

When you just let heroic event Hela boss go to town on your champ, it seems like she can ramp up fairly quickly. Best part is if she gets hit once or twice there is no reset on the damage like Starlord..more like Stark Spidey. Also a decent armor break on l2..

Hmmmm

Comments

• Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    Hard to tell without her being playable yet. I’m hesitantly optimistic about her. Not sure how stacking fury will work vs your spirits being drained. How sustainable is her fury stacks aka at what point can’t you keep up with them draining your spirits. Just wish she was poison immune like other cosmics. Then could use her more in aq or aw but no reason to really expect her to be poison immune
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Hela would have been interesting with double immunity as there are no bleed immune cosmics, but from fighting her I am not impressed. She goes down very easily
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    She's nowhere near Spark and sL
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    One thing I have noticed is her physical resistance buff she gets. It says she gets it when losing +8% from a single hit. And it stays till she is hit with a heavy. But when I see the green shield I heavy her and it stays on her.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Hela would have been interesting with double immunity as there are no bleed immune cosmics, but from fighting her I am not impressed. She goes down very easily

King Groot and Groot are both bleed immune.

Yeah I forgot about that. Good catch. Too bad Groot is ass. KG is ok
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I found her very easy to defeat even in the hardest content with a 3* Mystic champ (was just having fun) she was easier to beat than Thor.
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    who needs hela when we got groot? hela sucks. groot does more damage with his fury/crit damage buffs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say she sucks. She's pretty useful actually.

I don't think she's out to be a playable character yet so how do you know that she is useful? Are you part of the Beta testing team that gets access to new characters early?
    Draco2199 wrote: »

I don't think she's out to be a playable character yet so how do you know that she is useful? Are you part of the Beta testing team that gets access to new characters early?

I don't have to use her to examine her uses. We've fought her enough times between EQ and TOV.
    I do have Rags though. No special treatment there. Bought the Bundle. Second 4* Featured in 2 years.

I don't have to use her to examine her uses. We've fought her enough times between EQ and TOV.

I would think you would definitely need to test a champ out before you can make a conclusion. I mean I love tuna sandwiches but can't tell how good one is just by seeing it or by other people telling me its good. Its only until I eat that tuna sandwich before I know if I like it or not. Thats why I asked if you had her because it doesn't seem like you could have reached a conclusion by fighting the AI boss which is pretty easy to beat and is much easier than some previous characters.

If I go by my experience she isn't that good because I was able to beat her rather easily with a 3* while other champs are much much harder.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Don't think she'll be very effective. Those fury stacks drain her spirits very fast at 4-5 buffs. Only reason EQ Hela can hold those buffs is that her spirits refresh to max value when it hits 0 for some reason

I would think you would definitely need to test a champ out before you can make a conclusion. I mean I love tuna sandwiches but can't tell how good one is just by seeing it or by other people telling me its good. Its only until I eat that tuna sandwich before I know if I like it or not. Thats why I asked if you had her because it doesn't seem like you could have reached a conclusion by fighting the AI boss which is pretty easy to beat and is much easier than some previous characters.

If I go by my experience she isn't that good because I was able to beat her rather easily with a 3* while other champs are much much harder.

You can examine their Abilities and think of uses before you use them. Yes, hands-on is a good way to get to know them. However, we can see what she does, and gauge applications. It doesn't take experience to have a theoretical understanding.
    edited November 2017

You can examine their Abilities and think of uses before you use them. Yes, hands-on is a good way to get to know them. However, we can see what she does, and gauge applications. It doesn't take experience to have a theoretical understanding.

I don't follow, so what champs do you think are bad?

That's a slippery slope with me. I'm pretty optimistic. Lol. I can find a use for just about anything. The point I'm making is she has some good uses. Her Damage is decent, there's some Regen there, Indestructible....all-in-all I wouldn't call her bad. I don't think in terms of good/bad when it comes to Champs. I'm not of the mindset that anything outside the "Top Tier" is bad. Now, I'm not blind. I see why some are called bad, and I gravitate towards some Champs faster than others. Just not big on the whole Garbage/God mentality. Many Champs were seen as bad until they were playable. Now everyone wants them. Lol.

That's a slippery slope with me. I'm pretty optimistic. Lol. I can find a use for just about anything. The point I'm making is she has some good uses. Her Damage is decent, there's some Regen there, Indestructible....all-in-all I wouldn't call her bad. I don't think in terms of good/bad when it comes to Champs. I'm not of the mindset that anything outside the "Top Tier" is bad. Now, I'm not blind. I see why some are called bad, and I gravitate towards some Champs faster than others. Just not big on the whole Garbage/God mentality. Many Champs were seen as bad until they were playable. Now everyone wants them. Lol.

So you think all champs are good.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I think it is impossible to really tell where she will fall in the cosmic hero world right now, but my early opinion is probably middle of the pack based on the few fights I've had against her too.

No. I don't think in terms of good or bad. Just uses.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Have to agree on that it's still really early... but from first examination she just seems ok.

Everything about her is very similar to Phoenix. Slowly stacks Fury, can get to a lot of damage, but it takes a while, a defy death mechanic and a big special 3.

However, she needed power gain wayyyy more than physical resist. The physical resist is extremely out of place. She's not at all a very good defender (her specials are easy to read and dodge, and her only saving grace is not dying right away when she gets low). She needed power gain to get to those specials to gain Fury faster and hit her big special 3 or at least get the armor break from sp2 and go back to her Fury.

Right now she seems extra slow. My guess is she will still be good, but only as good as Phoenix (which is like not bad, but not what you want from a pull). Her damage is far too slow to ramp compared to other damage dealers, while the utility she brings is limited.

I like her, but I'm not impressed by the kit.

Who wouldn't you r4 and why?

TBH, I'd Rank all Champs as high as I could if the Resources allowed it. I Rank certain Champs first. Usually based on preference or utility. I'm not as selective as some when it comes to Ranking. It all depends on what I have and what I want or need.

TBH, I'd Rank all Champs as high as I could if the Resources allowed it. I Rank certain Champs first. Usually based on preference or utility. I'm not as selective as some when it comes to Ranking. It all depends on what I have and what I want or need.

If you only had limited resources which champs would you not rank and why?

As I said, it's a matter of who I want and need. There's no list of Champs I wouldn't Rank. I Rank who I need and want first.

As I said, it's a matter of who I want and need. There's no list of Champs I wouldn't Rank. I Rank who I need and want first.

That doesn't answer the question. Out of all champs available who would you rank last?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Many Champs were seen as bad until they were playable. Now everyone wants them. Lol.

Who fits this criteria?

No matter how you word the question, I don't subscribe to that mentality.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Normally the first few times I fight new AI I get wrecked because I'm not used to the movements and I rarely bother looking at the stats to find out what might happen (using debuff champs against Kingpin was a silly idea)

I didn't have this problem with Master mode Hela but I'll go a few more times to give her a chance to win.