**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What happened kabam?

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
This may be a hot take or it may not be. I’m not quite sure.
But like what happened to the characters this year?

Like a solid amount of them are just really not impressive. America Chavez, the overseer,purgatory,Mangog,Super Skrull and Psycho Man would have seriously benefited with extra time in the oven.

Don’t get me wrong they have still made some really good ones this year like Shang chi and Hercules but I feel like over all this year has been a lot worse champion wise compared to 2020 and 2019.

I’m not asking for every champ to be a amazing super op champion but a fair few of the ones we’ve gotten this year to me at least feel really underpowered

That’s just my opinion ig but at least to me the champs this year overall are a lot more disappointing then the champs of previous years.

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    1 extra thing well I’m at it. How good are mr negative jabari and silver centurion? I didn’t mention them here because I don’t own them. And I don’t know much about them.
  • Look bro not all heroes can be that good. It’s necessary to have bad characters as we have good ones, it’s how it is everywhere and in reality. Don’t wanna make this a long philosophical thesis but it’s necessary for balance to have bad heroes. If every character with everyone is good then doesn’t make much difference or fun to have them. “Oh mine is good why have that. Oh that’s good but mine is already op”. Takes away sense of grinding and working towards a few good things
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Look bro not all heroes can be that good. It’s necessary to have bad characters as we have good ones, it’s how it is everywhere and in reality. Don’t wanna make this a long philosophical thesis but it’s necessary for balance to have bad heroes. If every character with everyone is good then doesn’t make much difference or fun to have them. “Oh mine is good why have that. Oh that’s good but mine is already op”. Takes away sense of grinding and working towards a few good things

Fair. But at least to me in comparison to previous years it feels like theirs a lot more duds then usual.I’m completely fine with their being bad champs. Not everyone is going to op and I agree with that. But this years champs aren’t quite hitting as well.
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Maybe it’s because of the buff program? I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, in fact, I think it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to this game. However, I imagine the buffs take a lot of the Dev’s time, and that leads to some champions feeling underdeveloped (looking at you Purgatory).
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    I dont think it's because they are actually bad champs, except super skull. He just plain sucks, but alof of this year's champs so far feel very niche. They do one or two things very well but it's not enough to warrant a large amount of use.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I can't remember where specifically but I recall them saying that they didn't want a one champ fits all for the future of the game.

Kind of like how we see certain Champions being a great defender and some being a great attacker, they want Champions to be for certain things more than everything otherwise if everybody just has that one Champion that can do absolutely EVERYTHING, then why are you even going to try for other champions in the future? Like it or not, it can and most likely will affect the longevity of the game.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

I can't remember where specifically but I recall them saying that they didn't want a one champ fits all for the future of the game.

Kind of like how we see certain Champions being a great defender and some being a great attacker, they want Champions to be for certain things more than everything otherwise if everybody just has that one Champion that can do absolutely EVERYTHING, then why are you even going to try for other champions in the future? Like it or not, it can and most likely will affect the longevity of the game.

Great, but there are a handful of these champs who would never receive a single resource if they dropped on my roster today. It’s a failure of design if a champ brings nothing unique to the table.

Not that tier lists are the end-all be-all, but it’s a nice tool. How many 2019 or 2020 champs landed in each of the top 3 tiers? How does that stack with the first half of 2021? 2021 feels worse but I haven’t actually checked a list.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Great, but there are a handful of these champs who would never receive a single resource if they dropped on my roster today. It’s a failure of design if a champ brings nothing unique to the table.

Not that tier lists are the end-all be-all, but it’s a nice tool. How many 2019 or 2020 champs landed in each of the top 3 tiers? How does that stack with the first half of 2021? 2021 feels worse but I haven’t actually checked a list.
    You gotta look at it this way as well, there are over 200 obtainable champs now. There is no way in any universe that one single champ would the the sole solution to any one problem. There are simply too many champs with overlapping abilities.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Almost 7 years running and people still expect all Champs to be Top Tier. Personally, I don't agree that this year's Champs have been as bad as is claimed. Aside from Skrull, they're decent.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

You gotta look at it this way as well, there are over 200 obtainable champs now. There is no way in any universe that one single champ would the the sole solution to any one problem. There are simply too many champs with overlapping abilities.

Fury is a single solution to all problems, get your prestige up homie
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    We don't need one size fits all characters but neither do we need noodles like Psycho-Man either.